PDA

View Full Version : Price of Parking

GrumpyUTboi
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
How much to park at DL?

AmandasDad
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM
$10 last I remember.

Does anyone know if this allows re-entry?

Darkbeer
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Currently $10 for a regular sized vehicle.

lauramaynot
07-01-2005, 01:11 PM
$10 last I remember.

Does anyone know if this allows re-entry?

Yes still $10 per vehicle and yes it allows re-entry. Also available is parking added to an annual pass. Mine was $49 in Jan. Of course that could (and probably will) go up, but worth it in my opinion.

GrumpyUTboi
07-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Do they have an annual parking pass for non-ap holders? I guess that it would probably be more than $50.

lauramaynot
07-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Do they have an annual parking pass for non-ap holders? I guess that it would probably be more than $50.

Good question, I don't know but I would think there would be such a thing for people who like to visit DTD without necessarily going into the park.

Osky
07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Good question, I don't know but I would think there would be such a thing for people who like to visit DTD without necessarily going into the park.

There is a lot near the DLH that has free parking for DTD. Up to 4 hours. Well, at least there used to be.

disney jones
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
There is a lot near the DLH that has free parking for DTD. Up to 4 hours. Well, at least there used to be.its 3 hrs free, 5 hrs free with a validation.

chazcrew
07-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I wonder if people ever park there while they're in the parks,and just move their car every few hours. It would be a pain, but if you could get 5 hours just by buying a souvenir you were probably going to buy anyway, you could drive back to the hotel, nap, then go back for another 5 hours...

Seems like too much trouble to save $10, but I do wonder if anyone ever does that.

Disnerd
07-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Buying a souviner won't help get you validation. The only locations that validate are the sit down resturants or the AMC theatre. World of Disney Does not validate.

coronado_g
07-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Definitely too much trouble just to save ten bucks!! Start saving a roll of quarters and put it aside for your parking fee.

potzbie
07-04-2005, 11:24 PM
I wonder if people ever park there while they're in the parks,and just move their car every few hours. [...] Seems like too much trouble to save $10, but I do wonder if anyone ever does that.

I reply: Before I got my upgraded Annual Pass, I ate at the restaurants of Downtown Disney or Grand Californian (a 20-minute pause in my day) to validate the extra two hours, for a total of five hours' free parking.

Forbin
07-05-2005, 10:10 AM
It's still a BIT of a walk, so the move the car every few hours you will lose an hour just trying to get back to move it.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-05-2005, 10:24 AM
We used to go to the park for the last few hours just to see the fireworks. We used to park at DTD, head over to the park, get one ride in and catch the show. Back then a couple of places used to validate like La Brea Bakery (not the restaurant) and Creole Cafe (I think that's the name) but they no longer (the sit-down associated with those do validate however) and DTD is getting strict with validation now. For us that was easier than the structure because it was easy for us to get the strollers out and walk thru DTD instead of hopping on the tram. But now with the crowds and the parking restrictions, we bought the parking pass on our AP. It has paid off though and now that our kids could actually ride more rides, we stay in the park a little longer.

Oh to add....we got our passes in October and added the parking a couple of months ago. When we did that, we found out just in 6 months (maybe less) that they raised the price of the parking pass...TWICE!!!!!