PDA

View Full Version : Early October - is it crowded?

Rteneyck
07-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I have decided to delay my Sept. Trip until Oct 2-6 so m y daughter can celebrate her 5th birthday. I have never been in October. What kind of crowds should I expect? I have been practically every other month of the year except October. I am not worried about HM being closed because my daughter is petrified of that ride - still working on her in that matter so someday she will come to love it just as I....Any information would be greatly appreciated

Osky
07-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Early/mid October has always been good for us. Crowd wise, I would rank it similar to March or April (not near spring break). Some rides may be down, so just watch the list on Disneyland.com.

disney jones
07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
that week is great!

in mid-October, Arizona public schools have their Fall Break and a lot of us go over to DLR for that - this year it's Oct 10-14.

socaltexan02
07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I think it's a great time to go! :)

mattsmomma
07-09-2005, 03:20 PM
I've just started planning my trip for the same time frame, and have found out there is a large group called "gay days" going to be at DL on the 1st & DCA on the 2nd. Expected to be crowded, but at least everything should be up & running if they're expecting large crowds.
Have fun! I'm sooo excited!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-09-2005, 04:08 PM
October is a great time to go. The weather will also be pretty good.

Chadsgal
07-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Good to hear it!! We will be there for the Oct 13-16 weekend! As long as airfare doesn't sky rocket!

Emma
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
October is a great time to go as long as you don't mind that a lot of rides are usually under refurbishment at that time. The lines are so much shorter that it almost makes up for it.

You should plan your trip around MA weekend! ;)

Emma
07-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Good to hear it!! We will be there for the Oct 13-16 weekend! As long as airfare doesn't sky rocket!

Hey, you are going MA weekend! Air out of Seatac into Orange County is around $215 for that weekend right now. (I see you're in Everett-- I live in Lynnwood) :D

sambo
07-09-2005, 11:38 PM
The first weekend in October (10/1/05 & 10/2/05) are the unofficial Gay Days (http://www.gayday2.com/html/schedule.html) - so be sure to wear red... ;)

Skunker
07-10-2005, 04:29 AM
October is a great time to go as long as you don't mind that a lot of rides are usually under refurbishment at that time. The lines are so much shorter that it almost makes up for it.

You should plan your trip around MA weekend! ;)

I had heard that there wouldn't be much down for refurb this year due to the 50th celebration...hope that's true because I am going in October as well!

hlbtimes2
07-10-2005, 05:53 AM

We'll be there that weekend as well. :D

MammaSilva
07-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Lots of Padders will be there the weekend of the 14/15/16 for the fall MouseAdventure ... being a "Disney" event, that date is subject to change but it's the annouced tenative date....weather should be as close to "perfect" as it gets, fall is wonderful at the parks.

GrumpyUTboi
07-10-2005, 06:58 AM
The crowds at that time are still a little heavy since they still consider it "peak" season. But as everyone has said it is so beautiful there at that time of the year. Mon-Thurs are pretty slow days then it picks up for the weekend. I hate going on Sat, to many people and the lines are longer.

On the down side a lot of food stands are not open early in the week, cost to much to man them, but hey you will be at DL at that time. I'm jealous!

Here in Utah we have a weekend that schools are closed for teacher conferences, people at DL call it Utahan Escape to Anaheim (UEA=Utah Education Association) Anwyay I just looked it up and it is Oct 20-23, we went last year and it was a mad house.

pirateabbie
07-10-2005, 07:33 AM
We almost always go in early October and we love it! The weather is fabulous and it's usually not too crowded. It's worth the risk of having a few rides closed to have ideal crowd and weather conditions, in my opinion.

jon80flt
07-10-2005, 08:46 AM
I have decided to delay my Sept. Trip until Oct 2-6 so m y daughter can celebrate her 5th birthday. I have never been in October. What kind of crowds should I expect? I have been practically every other month of the year except October. I am not worried about HM being closed because my daughter is petrified of that ride - still working on her in that matter so someday she will come to love it just as I....Any information would be greatly appreciated

We go every year during that time... it's my sister's birthday, so she brings her whole brood with her!

In the past, many rides have been closed for refurb, but that may not be the case this year.

As far as HM being too scary... has your daughter ever seen Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas?" The HM is totally decked out in stuff from that movie... my DDs (5 & 8) LOVE it! It surprised me, but it has been one of their favorite movies since the older one was about 2 years old!! You MUST rent that movie before you head to DL!!!! :D

Have a great trip!
Jon

Lekta
07-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Would November be considered the slowest month then?

sandiegorob
07-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Would November be considered the slowest month then?
I always go the first weekend in November. Considering I also make trips in Sep., Oct, and Dec. as well, early November has always been the best when it comes to small crowds - IMHO.

Lekta
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Do they have the Christmas decor up in early November? Also, has anyone driven down I-5 in early November? I am talking from Portland to LA. I am concerned that the passes will be snowed over.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
07-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Here in Utah we have a weekend that schools are closed for teacher conferences, people at DL call it Utahan Escape to Anaheim (UEA=Utah Education Association) Anwyay I just looked it up and it is Oct 20-23, we went last year and it was a mad house.

Oh no--that's when we're going! Hopefully there will be something terribly interesting for everyone in Utah to stay home for this year. We're going with friends who work in the legislature and get all kinds of goodies from the Disney Government Relations folks, so at least we'll have that to look forward to...