PDA

View Full Version : How do you show the world you're a Disneyland fan?

Pages : [1] 2

Tink
05-11-2001, 11:38 AM
http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/kao/chika/chirol_oiwai.gif
What item/s do you have on or in your car to tell the world that you are a Disneyland fan? Stickers, a personalized license plate?
Right now I have my mouse-ears antenna ball, Tigger and Tinkerbell white stickers on my back window the Disneyland window cling on the front and about a half dozen parking receipts floating around the car.

dgthx
05-11-2001, 11:41 AM
Six or seven AP parking stubs on my dash and an equal amount on the floor....Ok truth be told, I'm just too lazy to clean my truck out, but hey, it lets everyone know I'm a Disneyland fan! :)

Ralph Wiggum
05-11-2001, 12:28 PM
I let everyone know i am a disney fan by sitting online for hours looking and posting on disney sites!!!:D

lisap
05-11-2001, 02:05 PM
HA! So true :)
I got a cool vinyl decal at the little store next to autopia--it's Disneyland spelled out in characters. It's on the back of my car. I also had a Mickey ears antenna ball but my husband stole it for himself--how rude.

EandCDad
05-11-2001, 02:16 PM
I have a Mickey antenna ball. I stole it from my wife:cool:

Rhonda
05-11-2001, 03:59 PM
I have the Autopia license plate frame on the front , a 'I would rather be at Disneyland ' frame on the back and a Mickey antenna ball on the dash - I'm afraid someone will take it if it is on the antenna ! I have a Mickey cell phone in the car too .

05-11-2001, 04:48 PM
We named our first daughter Thomasina after the movie of the same name. And our second daughter's name is Cleo, after Gepetto's goldfish.

blusilva
05-11-2001, 04:51 PM
I don't have anything on my car, but I do have a 3-D postcard from PoC on my desk at work. People always ask about it!

blusilva

Tink
05-11-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 3894
We named our first daughter Thomasina after the movie of the same name. And our second daughter's name is Cleo, after Gepetto's goldfish.

...And your cat's names are Ashley and Brittany???? Just joking!! I think those are purrrfectly suitable names for young ladies and women.:D

mrlop
05-11-2001, 09:43 PM
I show my pride with my bitchen PotC tattoo and all the parking stubs on my dash. everyone always says two things when they see my car (http://www.nerddotcom.com/nova) . ... "you should paint this" and "do you work at disneyland or something?"

Hyperboy
05-12-2001, 10:10 PM
I have a little rainbow Mickey sticker on the back of my car. Well it is a "family" park, after all :D

Lani
05-12-2001, 11:36 PM
Stickers? License plate frames? Pashaw!!

I have something better...

T O O N S P N

...my car's vanity plate. :D

[Although not yellow, the plate is on a Ford Festiva, which is about the same size as a Car Toon Spin ride vehicle.]

Andrew's Grand Prix ("Wider is better") says OMNIMVR, and Jen, his wife, has the plate "DOOMBGY", or something close.

I also have a friend who has the vanity plate IGO2DL, but with the first three plates, it's not just a DL reference, but that they are DL vehicle references, which I think is nifty. :cool:

BetsyAnn
05-13-2001, 06:48 AM
Let's see - I have the mickey ball for the anntenea, and i have the been there, Done that, Going Back bumper sticker, then there is the Mickey mouse Desk set at work, the Walt and Mickey statue Screen Saver, the Mickey Mouse Pad, the Mickey mugs, and at home there are the Mickey and Minnie glasses, the numerous candles, and then we go into the bathroom which is mickey from top to bottom!

LuvTDL
05-13-2001, 08:38 AM
I have something better...
T O O N S P N
...my car's vanity plate.
That's sooo cool!!!!! =)

Lets see as for me... all I have are.... a mickey mouse antenna ball, autopia license plate frame... and a little plastic toy sorcerer mickey sitting on my dash board... I'm thinking of adding a disneyland sticker tho =)

Napsto
05-13-2001, 10:12 AM
mickey antenna ball!

Maus
05-13-2001, 05:03 PM
Okay...
my vanity plate:

MAUSKTR

Honk when you see me drive by!:cool:

jslivinski
07-19-2001, 10:02 AM
Let's see, I have a Mickey antenna & Autopia license plate holder on my car, 99% of the time I have some sort of Disney desktop on my computer, I used to have disneyland screensavers, but now I have a new computer and someone else has my screensavers (need to reinstall them still) and everyone knows if you want to know whats happening with Disney to see me, cause I check out all these web sites.

FantasmicFan82
07-19-2001, 10:43 AM
I Have a DCA iron-on patch on my only jacket. People want to know what 'KRLA' has to do with DCA? hehe

Does anyone know where can i find a big Fantasmic! patch for the back of it?

Flubber
07-19-2001, 10:55 AM
Mickey antenna ball and a Sebastian plush in the dash of my truck. Must be about 20 or so parking stubs floating around in the cab (even some of the old purple ones).

Looking around my desk here at work there is more than I thought. Mickey plush, Winnie the Pooh ceramic figure from TJ, New Tomorrowland cup top, map of the park tacked to the wall, Happy Birthday from Disneyland sticker on the wall, another antenna ball, and a photo of one of the ghost from HM (the screaming girly ghost with one eye closed, frizzy white hair and pearls)

http://www.jeffbaham.com/doombuggies/images/familyportrait.gif

Just enough I think.

Flub

Napsto
07-19-2001, 12:56 PM
my anntana ball got jacked!

mcampisi
07-19-2001, 01:21 PM
I saw a license plate on Tuesday at DL that read
YENSD(HEART)I

(That would be a heart symbol)

mad4mky
07-19-2001, 01:27 PM
Where do I start? First off my licsence plate is "MAD4MKY"...just like my name here. Get a lot of honks on that one. My frame spells out: " em-eye-see-kay-ee-why, em-oh-you-es-see"! I laugh at the people behind me trying to figure that one out. When they get it, its great to watch them laugh.
I have a Mickey Head on my anteannea...the new Character magnet that spells out Disneyland...and the Sorcerer's Apprentice hanging off the inside of my windshield. And if that isn't enough...
My office is full, the house is full... I wear a 14 kt gold Mickey charm necklace, gold bracelet,ring...AND I have a great MM tattoo on my right ankle I just got this past January. It looks fake its so good. Last time I was at DL, a cast member saw it and started squealing...couldn't believe it was real. It hurt enough to get...its real!:eek:

Morrigoon
07-20-2001, 12:40 AM
I talk about DL incessantly , I have a red bottle lanyard (the kind for drinks that says Disneyland all up and down it) hanging from my rear view mirror with about 15 pins on it, and at the end a couple buttons: a subs farewell button and one a friend made for me with the last photo ever taken of walt and mickey together that's a tribute to him. There are 2 stickers on my windshield, and at least 4 beanies inside my car/trunk somewhere (hitchiking ghosts and the abominable snowman.) I hardly own a t-shirt that isn't DL (except my Legend airlines ones). I post on here nearly EVERY NIGHT. I always wear my mickey watch (the standard one with the black band). I've had an AP almost continuously since I was 16 1/2 (except a few gaps where I lived in another area and hadn't gotten there to renew in time, but that's only happened like 2 or 3 times and the gaps where never more than half a year.)

Then there's my decorating scheme... I have 3 full size attraction posters (matterhorn, columbia, and pirates) that adorn the main wall of wherever I live. I also have framed lithos.

I don't have a themed license plate -YET because it wasn't worth paying for when I'm about to move (closer to DL, thank you!). In europe I take pictures of things that remind me of DL, instead of the other way around. (example: Pinnocchio Bar in Lucerne, Switzerland).

Okay, I'm obsessed, but not nearly as much as I COULD be!

Will someone explain the merits of creating a DL comforter in king or queen size? Not the black and red stuff... who can fall asleep in that? I'm thinking along the lines of something with the castle in the center, maybe the characters around the edges, etc. Or how about something with little vignettes of different areas of the park on it?

Why is the Disney company so afraid of the color BLUE?

80S ERA
07-20-2001, 06:34 AM
I don't. It would ruin my image. ;)

steamboatStu
07-20-2001, 06:37 AM
First, let me state that my vehicle is a black Dodge Durango. Starting on the front, there is the fourth of july version of the antenna ball, which replaced the CA antenna ball, but will be replaced with a graduation ball when I get closer to my graduation date. The rear of the truck is where it gets painfully obvious. I have the same Disneyland window cling (with the characters) as previously mentioned. My license plate frame was purchased off of e-bay. It states "Disneyland - it's a sign of good character" - supposedly it was issued to CMs only. The trailer hitch character is one of a kind. I had some people at work make it for me. It is 1/2" thick stainless steel - cut in the familiar Mickey silloutte. But the coup de gras is the license plate. It is the children's plate that allows shapes/characters. It states...

(heart) D I Z N I E

Kind of says it all, huh? Do I win?