PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Your Help,Advice, Suggestions, and Ideas!

disneyland50
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Im taking my two little cousins to DL on july 17th and its there first time there. I want it to be the best DL trip ever, but I need your help. Were is the best place to see fantasmic,the nighttime parade of dreams and the new fireworks. 4 the fireworks I want to be close to the castle to see the projections on the walls and get a great view of tink. i plan on filming all three shows so if you have any suggestions or ideas please send them to me or even tell me about your experiences.

thanks! :D

GrimGrinninGhost
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Im taking my two little cousins to DL on july 17th and its there first time there. I want it to be the best DL trip ever, but I need your help. Were is the best place to see fantasmic,the nighttime parade of dreams and the new fireworks. 4 the fireworks I want to be close to the castle to see the projections on the walls and get a great view of tink. i plan on filming all three shows so if you have any suggestions or ideas please send them to me or even tell me about your experiences.

Get to Fantasmic EARLY and stand to the left by the RIvers of America by Pirates , people lay there blankets down early so get there fast

disney jones
06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Seriously? i would avoid July 17th (the actual 50th birthday) at all costs if the mission is to entertain little kids. The park will probabaly sell out that day and be very, very crowded.

if you insist, the best place to watch the Remember .... fireworks is in front of the castle as close as you can get. i'd recommend you watch the Parade of Dreams in about the 2 o'clock position on the Hub for the 7 pm show (get there an hour beforehand) which will put you very close to the front of the castle when it ends and you can move over quickly and hold a spot for the fireworks that will begin two hours later.

Then as soon as the Fireworks ends, get over to the 10:30 pm Fantasmic show on ROA to grab a spot. That means you'll be spending the last 6 hours of the day just waiting for three shows that last about an hour total. and depending how old the kids are and how active they are in Disneyland that day, they could fall asleep by then.

Trying to catch these three shows on any one day is a challenge, but on July 17, it will even be more so. good luck.

Malcon10t
06-30-2005, 07:17 PM

I would not make anyone's first visit on July 17th. If there just is not any other way, you have already read the way to see all 3, but movement will be difficult. Remember, there will be an 1130p show of Fantasmic! so you could take your time getting there to see the 1130. Don't plan on doing more than a couple rides. If they are younger than 8-10yo, this is going to be a very rough day for all of you.

Klutch
06-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, dude, ditto what they said! Understand that Disneyland is going to be jam-packed with people who will be there for history and nostalgia and won't care much about going on rides. They will have a good time. You, on the other hand, would be in a virtual state of horror. :eek:

July 17th 2005 would probably be the worst day in fifty years to take kids for their first visit. The day before? A hot, crowded Saturday, but OK. The day after? Monday; no problem. But no, not *that* day. You'd likely end up going to DCA to try to have some real fun, and *that* my friend is a desperate situation.

TimBuk2
06-30-2005, 08:07 PM
You may consider using RideMax (http://www.ridemax.com) for your day there. But either way, it will be crazy. It may not be the "best" time for the cousins, but still the fact that you were all there on the actual 50th birthday.

tod
06-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Im taking my two little cousins to DL on july 17th... :D

Not the 17th. I love the place and I grew up there and I'm ready to pick up and leave if it gets to be a drag.

Don't do it then. Take 'em the next day.

--t

Susan L
06-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I have to agree with everyone else, if you can do it another date, do it. Its going to be insane on the 17th.

If you do go on that day, I would stake out your spots for all three events 1 1/2 to 2 hours before hand.

Tinkerbelle
06-30-2005, 11:16 PM
whatever you do, DON'T GO ON THE 17th. if you want to see the parade, Fantasmic, or Fireworks from a decent spot, you will be waiting all day. When I go to set up for parades nowdays, there are people who wait for 2 hours so they can have a nice spot. It's going to be 1000000000 times worse than. I'm doing Guest Control that day, and am dreading it. You do not want to be there, expecially if you have young children with you. They will think that Disneyland is just a crowded place, where you sit and wait for shows all day. Not the best first impression.

stitchlvr
07-01-2005, 06:19 AM
I know this has been said before, and you might not have any choice, but avoiding the17th is good advice. In my experience, people who first visit Disneyland on very crowded days (and that day will be insanely crowded) tend to end up hating it and sometimes won't give it another chance for years!

disneyland50
07-01-2005, 08:05 AM
:mad: i all readdy know that the 17th is going tough but all i want to know is were is the best place to see fantasmic,the nighttime parade of dreams and the new fireworks. :mad: :mad: :mad:were also going on the 16th and 18th.

stitchlvr
07-01-2005, 08:11 AM
:mad: i all readdy know that the 17th is going tough but all i want to know is were is the best place to see fantasmic,the nighttime parade of dreams and the new fireworks. :mad: :mad: :mad:were also going on the 16th and 18th.

I think people are just trying to let you know what you will be facing. After all, it will be easier to deal with it if you expect it. I believe that advice on where to sit has already been given in previous posts to this thread. The key is to get to where you are sitting very early. Stake out your parade of dreams seat early and stay there for the fireworks.

got2travel
07-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Other posters have already listed the best places. The problem will be that you most likely won't be able to get into those places on the 17th. There are people who will be in the park who have no intention of riding anything. They just want to be there to see the shows, so they will be camped out very early.

Since you will be there other days as well, do you have to see all 3 on the 17th? I'd suggest spreading them out. But if you must, just bring a blanket and be prepared to sit.

Shortiemetoo
07-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Disney jones gave you great advice about where to view the fireworks and how to plan your schedule. He has two young girls so he knows what he is talking about!!! I don't know how hearty the kids are but expect to get there at opening or before on the 17th and do not leave if the park is full or you may not get back in so plan on being there late. I think it is a do-able thing as long as you explain to them about it being disneylands birthday and that it is usually not this crowded. Take nice long breaks throughout the day and don't set their expectations high on being able to ride a lot of rides or do everything they want to do in that one day! What a marvelous treat for them to be able to say later that they were there on that momentous day!!
How old are they and have they been to any sort of amusement park before? Make sure to bring them plenty of snacks and water bottles because the lines to get snacks and meals will be atrocious that day for sure!!
Have a great time!!
Make sure to tell the kids that if for some reason they get lost from you that they should go up to someone who works at disneyland and they can bring them to the Lost and Found area and you will find them there. I don't think there is anything scarier for a child than to think that if he gets lost in all the seas of people there that he/she will not be able to be found again!!!
Have fun!!! And I think the 16th and 18th will be just as bad as people are going to make it a vacation if they are from out of town...also I believe this because of the hotel reservations...or should I say lack thereof!!