PDA

View Full Version : Making cookies in Disneyland

kohl
06-30-2005, 04:59 PM
I remembered reading that kids can make chocolate chip cookies in Disneyland. They have it at certain times and only so many kids can make them at a time. I was wondering if anyone had done this yet and if they are still doing this.
Thanks for any info!

tinkluver
06-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I know at Christmas time they have cookie decorating at the firestation

disney jones
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
we did it last Friday - i think its going to be happening daily throughout the summer at the Plaza Pavillion. it was every hour on the hour from roughly 11 am to 3 pm. the best thing to do is just go by there and see what times they are doing it that day.

and my 6 yr old daughter really enjoyed it - she wanted to go back and do it again. :) she ended up with a cookie, some chocolate chips, and a cute little paper chef hat.

lisap
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
I think you are referring to the Nestle sponsored cookie making at the Plaza Pavilion. They take up to 20 kids at a time, I think, and they do it up to five times daily. The kids get to mix up a batch of dough, put it in the "magical oven," and take a couple of baked cookies with them at the end. They also get to decorate a chef's hat. It's fun, and they're generous with the cookies. When we visited it a couple of months ago there was no wait--but in the summer it might get a little busier.

EDIT: D'oh--DJ and I were posting at the same time. :rolleyes:

kohl
06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I thought it might be fun for the kids to do if the rides get too crowded. Hopefully it won't be too crowded for them to make the cookies too :D

jon80flt
06-30-2005, 09:07 PM
My DD's (5 & 8) LOVE the cookie making... they've done it at least 5 times!

Jon

KarenW2
07-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Just reading this topic makes my mouth water!! I want to do this! Is it only for kids only, or can adults do it as well? If for kids only, does anyone have a kid I can borrow?? :D

AlbertaMinnie
07-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Just reading this topic makes my mouth water!! I want to do this! Is it only for kids only, or can adults do it as well? If for kids only, does anyone have a kid I can borrow?? :D

Alex Stroup reported on this during his reports on the 50th Kickoff back in May. I took note, because we are going in July and both my girls want to participate. However.....it's for ages 4 to 10. My 12 year old was disappointed, but since she is tiny and if there isn't a long lineup I told her she could ask.

We could share the 10 year old - you take her one day, we'll take her the next?! ha ha, wouldn't she be impressed! :( :p

LOYL2DZNY
07-01-2005, 07:15 AM
does it cost anything? :confused:

lisap
07-01-2005, 07:17 AM
does it cost anything? :confused:

Nope. :)

LOYL2DZNY
07-01-2005, 07:42 AM
SWEET!!!!
do you need reservations, or is it on a first come, first serve basis?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Will they have it this fall? Brooks will be 4 and he would love to do it!

Arnie
08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Will they have it this fall? Brooks will be 4 and he would love to do it!

From the setup they had I would assume it's not a temporary type thing. My almost three year old was able to do it in July and the CM's were all very nice in helping her since she couldn't really use the counter even though it's low.

Disneyfun
08-06-2005, 06:48 PM
My Daughter has done this twice now. She will be four at the end of the month. The CMs are always nice and helpful. Last ime we went they were not completlyful so my daughter got to do two things.
For those of you who have not been there. It is really cute for the kids.
Kids only go up onto the porch while parents have to sit below. (There are umbrellas out so you do not cook. They take 20 kids ten on each side and each child gets to put in one ingrediant and then stir. THen when everything is mixed in they come back to the bowl and do two spoon drops on to the pan. THe pan is put in a "magic oven" and te kids are given littel containers of Chocolate chips to shake and sing a little song with and then the cookies come out all hot and ummy. THen they hand out two cookies in a bag to each child. Oh they also take all of the children to the side steps for a group photo. So have your cameras ready at the end.

I would also like to know if this wil be continuing through the fall. I hope so! It is so cute. And the warm cookies are good too! But if any CM or those with power know please let us know!