PDA

View Full Version : Priority access to Disneyland for resort guests on July 17th!

Circarama
06-30-2005, 07:46 AM
After reading some posts at other boards about Disneylands entry policy on July 17th, I decided to call the Resort and ask some questions...
I called Guest services this morning and asked about the entry policy on July 17th. I was told that guests of the Disneyland Resort Hotels WILL receive "priority" entry on the 17th. When I asked the CM about re-entry (after explaining that my wife and I usually leave the Park mid-afternoon for some R&R), I was told that shouldn't be a problem for resort guests. She went on to explain that July 17th is going to be very "structured" on it's entry and re-entry policy, and that resort guests will learn more about the in and out priviledges closer to the anniversary weekend.
Sounds pretty good to me. I've never stayed on "property" before, and the only reason I did this time was because I assumed (when I made my reservations in May 2004) that Resort guests WOULD have priority access to the Park on July 17th. I was so concerned about it I wrote a letter to Matt Ouimet in February about it. I received a letter from Guest communications explaining that Resort guests with multi-day park hopper passports would still be admitted after the sale of one-day Disneyland passports had ceased on July 17th.
Sounds like they may be enhancing the policy for Resort guests even more.
WOOOHOOO!! :D

KinLA
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
... resort guests will learn more about the in and out priviledges closer to the anniversary weekend.

I was wondering the same thing about priority entry. I too booked on property with the expectation/hope that some special access privilege would be in place.

Do you know how resort guests will be notified? By email? At check-in?

I'm so glad I booked at the resort. See you on the 17th!

Disney Village
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
When I asked the CM about re-entry (after explaining that my wife and I usually leave the Park mid-afternoon for some R&R), I was told that shouldn't be a problem for resort guests.

Good news for resort guests. They should be at the top of the priority list for re-entry when the park gets full on July 17th.

Sounds like the only thing that will prevent resort guests from re-entering the park is if its so crowded that the Fire Marshall says no one can enter regardless of who you are. From reading some past posts about this, I understand this has happened only a few times in DL's history.

Malcon10t
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
The monorail will be the "priority entrance" for resort guests. Once they stop selling one day tickets (which there is some question if they will even sell), they will then stop selling all tickets, then they stop new admits allowing only resort guests, readmits, and APs, and finally the fire marshal steps in and says "CLOSED". My personal opinion, that will happen about 11am to noon. Regardless if you are a resort guest or an AP or a hopper ticket holder, if you decide to leave, I highly recommend you ask if they are currently at capacity. Sadly, I have seen capacity crowds, and watched a man demand he be allowed entry because he was staying on property, with the poor cast member having to say "We can't let any one in." Once it is closed for capacity, they usually allow people in hourly based on people who have left during the previous hour, until the capacity drops a couple thousand below, then they reopen the gates. *IF* you leave and try to get back in, I would make sure I try before 5, because the exiting people after 5 are fewer, cause if you have made it that far, you aren't going to risk leaving and missing the fireworks.

(I've only been thru gate closures 4-5 times, but was always caught inside the gates, not outside, but I couldn't leave!)

disneyland50
07-01-2005, 08:36 AM
that so unfair!!! :mad: do you think that good neighbor hotels r included in that priority entrance?

rentayenta
07-01-2005, 08:45 AM
that so unfair!!! :mad: do you think that good neighbor hotels r included in that priority entrance?

Nope, they are not. The same thing happened May 4th as well. Poeple who were staying at one of the DLR hotels received tickets for that day.

SoCalSteven
07-01-2005, 08:56 AM
How do APs fall into this? Could an AP get in at the monorail entrance?

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 08:56 AM
that so unfair!!! :mad: do you think that good neighbor hotels r included in that priority entrance?No, only the 3 resort properties get the priority entrance. You pay considerably more to stay on property. However, remember, the priority entrance can only enter about 180 people every 5 minutes (thats how many fit on the monorail each trip) whereas the main gate allows for 250-500 guests per minute (depending on number of gates open and if people have their tickets ready.) Also, the monorail leaves the station at rope drop, whereas entrance into the park begins 30 mins before rope drop.

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 09:00 AM
How do APs fall into this? Could an AP get in at the monorail entrance?Only if you have a hotel room key.

SoCalSteven
07-01-2005, 09:01 AM
No, only the 3 resort properties get the priority entrance. You pay considerably more to stay on property. However, remember, the priority entrance can only enter about 180 people every 5 minutes (thats how many fit on the monorail each trip) whereas the main gate allows for 250-500 guests per minute (depending on number of gates open and if people have their tickets ready.) Also, the monorail leaves the station at rope drop, whereas entrance into the park begins 30 mins before rope drop.
Those numbers also assume there is no one riding the monorail round trip from Tomorrowland. Maybe that won't be allowed on the 17th?

SoCalSteven
07-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Only if you have a hotel room key.
Ah, bummer.

I was wondering how it could work, because surely many people in the hotels would have APs. Do the gate ticket scanner check hotel keys too? Or would they just look at them?

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Those numbers also assume there is no one riding the monorail round trip from Tomorrowland. Maybe that won't be allowed on the 17th?During peak times (such as Christmas time and summer) they will usually run empty from Tomorrowland to DTD until 11am or until the crowds die down at the DTD station. Last New Years Eve, we had reservations at DLH for Goofy at 11am, and we had to do a lot of talking to get to take the monorail to DTD so we could go to brunch.

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Ah, bummer.

I was wondering how it could work, because surely many people in the hotels would have APs. Do the gate ticket scanner check hotel keys too? Or would they just look at them?Thinking I know what you are thinking.... As far as I can tell, they just look at them. Never had them swipe them.

Arnie
07-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Nope, they are not. The same thing happened May 4th as well. Poeple who were staying at one of the DLR hotels received tickets for that day.

May 4th Disneyland was closed to the public and they gave tickets to the resort guests for entry on that day, it was not a priority entrance thing. They wanted some crowds for the press.

rentayenta
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
May 4th Disneyland was closed to the public and they gave tickets to the resort guests for entry on that day, it was not a priority entrance thing. They wanted some crowds for the press.

Yeah, I know. My point was that the DLR hotel guests got a perk. May 4th was a zoo and I can only imagine how the 17th will be.

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 01:07 PM
You know, I have been feeling bad about this thread. I would really love to say "Right, resort guests will have priority reentery." I would love to tell people "Feel free to leave and go for a swim and you will have no problem with reentry." But I would feel guilty if someone thought they could do this, then got blocked out. I have verified with a manager that the monorail entrance will be limited in the morning to resort property guests. But, they will also be telling guests that on the 17th, do not plan on reentry if you opt to leave the park. We also rediscussed the order of the capacity shutdown. They are unsure if they will even be selling 1 days tickets for the 17th. I do know some one day tickets previously sold do have "Not Valid 7/17/05" marked on them. They will then stop selling all tickets. Next will be stopping new admits, only allowing readmits, resort property guests, and APs. Then, when they hit the magical number (somewhere around 78,000-80,000) the fire marshal will say "Close the gates" and that will be that. After that, they will periodically (usually hourly, but they say it might be every 1/2 hour) they will allow reentries based on exits. Once the park drops significantly below capacity, they will resume reentries without the wait. (I doubt this will happen til after the fireworks.)

pisces
07-01-2005, 01:40 PM
You know we've went through this on other threads.

The cast members tell people that resort guests should have no problem with reentry, if they show their room card and take the monorail in. ----Which is what I've long said, because they told me the very same thing last NYE.

Yet, there are some people on this site who insist once the Park is shut down for capacity, it doesn't matter whether you are a resort guest or not.

So, I really don't know.

If a Resort Guest is guaranteed something,......does that outweigh what the Fire Marshal does?

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
If a Resort Guest is guaranteed something,......does that outweigh what the Fire Marshal does?Nope, fire marshal is the last word.

pisces
07-01-2005, 02:31 PM
You say: "After that, they will periodically (usually hourly, but they say it might be every 1/2 hour) they will allow reentries based on exits." --- Malcon10t

And so, the question becomes: Do they rank those, as you say "reentries based on exits" ????

----Rank them according to who's staying on property---and who isn't???

And they are going to do this every 1/2 hour?

Glad I won't be there on July 17!!! ;)

I'll be praying for cool weather though. :)

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 03:00 PM
You say: "After that, they will periodically (usually hourly, but they say it might be every 1/2 hour) they will allow reentries based on exits." --- Malcon10t

And so, the question becomes: Do they rank those, as you say "reentries based on exits" ????

----Rank them according to who's staying on property---and who isn't???

And they are going to do this every 1/2 hour?

Glad I won't be there on July 17!!! ;)

I'll be praying for cool weather though. :)In the past, it was based on the basic line. They may do it differently this time, who knows. Personally, I will recommend going with the idea you are in the park for the day.

Opus1guy
07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I've been at Disneyland events where admissions were cut off. And while for the General Public they do let folks re or first time enter in "waves"...they can let some folks in without waiting for the 1/2 or hour mark. If 20 guests leave...the can let 20 more in.

This has been the case in the past for Club 33 admissions during such times. You just went up to the front of a line and identified yourself. Usually after a Supervisor was called...they let you right in.

But generally speaking...they do place everyone in a hold position and let in Guests as groups every so often.

I wonder if this will be like the 1984 Summer Olympics here in Los Angeles. Everyone was predicting huge crowds and bumper-to-bumper traffic and all the best restaurants booked to capacity, etc, etc....and the thought of all that actually chased locals away and kept many would-be out-of-towners from coming. The thought of crowds deterred a whole lot of people. Which made it totally uncrowded all over the Southland! It was one of the best times to be in L.A! No traffic or crowds at all.

;)

Malcon10t
07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
I've been at Disneyland events where admissions were cut off. And while for the General Public they do let folks re or first time enter in "waves"...they can let some folks in without waiting for the 1/2 or hour mark. If 20 guests leave...the can let 20 more in.

This has been the case in the past for Club 33 admissions during such times. You just went up to the front of a line and identified yourself. Usually after a Supervisor was called...they let you right in.

But generally speaking...they do place everyone in a hold position and let in Guests as groups every so often.

I wonder if this will be like the 1984 Summer Olympics here in Los Angeles. Everyone was predicting huge crowds and bumper-to-bumper traffic and all the best restaurants booked to capacity, etc, etc....and the thought of all that actually chased locals away and kept many would-be out-of-towners from coming. The thought of crowds deterred a whole lot of people. Which made it totally uncrowded all over the Southland! It was one of the best times to be in L.A! No traffic or crowds at all.

;)I really hope so! But, I doubt it. Too many diehards. And you are right about the Club 33 admissions. According to my uncle, they warned those who have reservations to get there early too. He cancelled his reservations, as they don't want to brave the crowds.