PDA

View Full Version : grand californian hotel blanket

dasrock
06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
we have stayed at the gch 4+ times and my daughter loves the blankets they have on the beds. (the acrylic ones). We asked if they sold them and they said no. I am so tempted to accidentaly pack it in my suitcase :D Does anybody know where we can get these blankets from????

Mrs. Newseditor44
06-29-2005, 09:48 PM
we have stayed at the gch 4+ times and my daughter loves the blankets they have on the beds. (the acrylic ones). We asked if they sold them and they said no. I am so tempted to accidentaly pack it in my suitcase :D Does anybody know where we can get these blankets from????

Call them and see if they can tell you who the maker is. My husband and I loved the pillows from the Westin hotels because of the Heavenly beds and found the same pillows at Costco for half the price and they come in pairs.

Disney Vault
06-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I am so tempted to accidentaly pack it in my suitcase
I have had "accidents" like that before. But never with something so big. Normally a towel, slippers, and my biggest was a robe :| .

I heard once Christina Agulara(sp) was at a hotel and really liked a lamp. So when she checked out she was holding and told them to add it to her bill. lol I think it was in a people magazine I saw a picture of it.

stan4d_steph
06-30-2005, 05:39 AM
I have had "accidents" like that before. But never with something so big. Normally a towel, slippers, and my biggest was a robe :| .BTW, those "accidents" most likely cost you or your parents money.

Apologies to your daughter, but I can't stand those freaky foam blankets! I stayed at the Radisson in Boston and was so happy to see that the bed had normal linens, no acrylic in sight.

I would try someplace like Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linens 'n Things. They might have a similar product.

MouseWife
06-30-2005, 06:17 AM
I believe those are called 'Veloux' blankets. Most stores carry them but probably varying degrees of quality.

They may not seem quite as 'soft' and 'flexible' when you first buy them, or at the store. But, washing and using makes them feel like they do at the hotel.

For some reason, these blankets also can start to lose chunks out of them. Not sure why. Don't know if it is from washing or what. But, once that happened to one of ours, I just cut it and made it into smaller 'couch' blankets to use while they were watching t.v. and stuff.

Oh, and, when you cut them, you don't have to sew them. Something about how they are made, they don't fray.

Disney Vault
06-30-2005, 02:10 PM
BTW, those "accidents" most likely cost you or your parents money.

Apologies to your daughter, but I can't stand those freaky foam blankets! I stayed at the Radisson in Boston and was so happy to see that the bed had normal linens, no acrylic in sight.

I would try someplace like Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linens 'n Things. They might have a similar product.
I know we have never been charged for towels or the slippers. I am not sure about the robe though.

pisces
06-30-2005, 03:36 PM
They may not always charge you, but they know.

They take an inventory of every fixture, linen, or towel. They know exactly how many are there, and what's missing.

Hotels usually keep data bases on guests. You are usually rated on the business you provide them. And, whatever you've cost them.

Disney Vault
06-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I guess it's a good thing I haven't taken anything from any Disney hotels so I'm not on their bad list. :D