PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whips/mint juleps

Pages : [1] 2

kimc0486
06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I have never had a dole whip...somehow always missed them, though i've heard there quite good. I want to get one when I go in September but i've heard that the fruit cart outside of the Tiki Room (Juice bar is it?) is open sporadic and short hours. Does anyone know about this?

Also, the Mint Julep Bar has been closed everytime i've ever been, do they sell these things anywhere else?? Thanks!!!!

Hi-Ho
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I have never had a dole whip...somehow always missed them, though i've heard there quite good. I want to get one when I go in September but i've heard that the fruit cart outside of the Tiki Room (Juice bar is it?) is open sporadic and short hours. Does anyone know about this?

Also, the Mint Julep Bar has been closed everytime i've ever been, do they sell these things anywhere else?? Thanks!!!!

They sell the mint juleps at the French Market restaurant right next to the Mint Julep Bar. They come from the soda fountain....I was a little disappointed.

phoenixfire2k5
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
They sell the mint juleps at the French Market restaurant right next to the Mint Julep Bar. They come from the soda fountain....I was a little disappointed.

You have to go inside for the mint juleps. The only drawback is, you don't get the mint leaves or the cherries unless you ask for them. The advantage, a bigger cup AND free refills. Yes, free refills. I know this for a fact.

Mrs. Newseditor44
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
I think I have the recipe for it...if anyone is interested. I have to find it though. Actually, you can get the recipe from DL if you ask.

Wendi
06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
You can also get a Mint Julep at the Blue Bayou.

cstephens
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Mmmmm, dole whips. I usually only get them when we go into the Tiki Room. But this past Sunday, we got our dole whips and enjoyed them on Main Street while waiting for the afternoon parade.

LytNnBug
06-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Thank you to everyone here who mentioned Dole Whip. I hadn't heard of it before and tasted it for the first time last week. Everyone enjoyed it, even DH who doesn't like fruit!

I didn't get to try everything I've heard about here (White Water Snacks will have to wait until our next trip!), but no one led me astray!

splashmtngurl
06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
If i'm right....mint juleps are also available at club 33. Of course you have to have reservations to get them there... :geek:

HebeJebe
06-30-2005, 04:51 AM
FYI - Dole Whips are dairy free!!!! They are made with some sort of gellatin product.

CrazyTrain
06-30-2005, 07:51 AM
The Tiki booth has been staying open later as well. Yay!

fjhuerta
06-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Dole Whip... YUMMY! I never had one until last month. It was delicious!

My wife didn't care that much about Mint Juleps, though.

sacheat
06-30-2005, 09:50 AM
What is a Dole Whip? I'm thinking Cool Whip and bannana...but you guys keep saying yummy??

got2travel
06-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Dole Whips are actually soft serve pineapple ice cream. Very tasty and satisfying on a hot day. Well, anytime actually.

averagedork
06-30-2005, 12:25 PM
So yummy. Seriously I am now craving them. Thanks.

CrazyTrain
06-30-2005, 12:26 PM
It's not ice cream, though, it's non-dairy, as HeBeJeBe said...

MartyLuvsTigger
06-30-2005, 12:51 PM
had a Dole float last time..it was quite good!

lauramaynot
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
had a Dole float last time..it was quite good!
yes float is the way to go the ice cream (or whatever it may be ;) ) melts in with the pineapple juice for just the right effect. YUM!

Nancy
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Dole Whip... YUMMY! I never had one until last month. It was delicious!

My wife didn't care that much about Mint Juleps, though.

Too bad...the ones they serve now are not the same as the ones I had as a kid. Something is missing, but even though, I still do enjoy them!! (the Mint Juleps)

Twilight
06-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Dole whips are the best!

I wasn't impressed with the mint julep. If I have a hankering for toothpaste I'll get reach for my Crest. ;)

Shortiemetoo
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Well I've been to Disneyland about 40 times and never had a dole whip :eek: ... since reading this board I know it is a must do the next time I go...in a few weeks. So tell me...is there dole whip stuff IN pineapple juice, or does it turn juicy as it melts...thanks!!

socaltexan02
06-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Now I'm really craving one.

Shortiemetoo...I'd never had one until I found this board, either. I'm so glad I did! :) The plain Dole Whip is just the non-dairy ice-creamy stuff (like a soft-serve), the Dole Whip Float is pineapple juice with a blob of the Dole Whip in it.

Shortiemetoo
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Wow, thank you so much socaltexan02! Now I've got it!!! I have stopped there to buy pineapple many times..and last time I was there in Jan. it was closed...so this time will be THE time to get one!!!! :D

kimbopotamus
06-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks to the advice here, I tried a Dole Whip and a Mint Julep for the first time when I went in April. Dole Whip = yummmmy! Great size serving too! Mint Julep = listerine + watered down sprite, ugghh! I had it at The Blue Bayou and the guy kept coming by and refilling, and I kept drinking it like a fool! :p Derail.....deep fried cheesecake = the very best thing in the world!

kimc0486
07-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Thanks to the advice here, I tried a Dole Whip and a Mint Julep for the first time when I went in April. Dole Whip = yummmmy! Great size serving too! Mint Julep = listerine + watered down sprite, ugghh! I had it at The Blue Bayou and the guy kept coming by and refilling, and I kept drinking it like a fool! :p Derail.....deep fried cheesecake = the very best thing in the world!

deep fried cheesecake? is that in the parks somewhere? yum!

SoCalDude
07-01-2005, 09:46 AM
deep fried cheesecake? is that in the parks somewhere? yum!

http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=28582

:D

Oh - I guess I should say where it is, lol - The French Market is the place to get these.