PDA

View Full Version : White Water Snacks A+

Pages : [1] 2

ToursbabeC3po
06-29-2005, 12:04 PM
So I finally went to white water snacks because every time I come to this site I hear about how wonderful it is and.......I give it a A+ Price was great, food was fresh, great scenery, and they bring the food out to you. This will now be my new favorite place to eat!!!!! I want to thank everyone here for recommending it because without you all I would have never known where it was and how wonderful it is!
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))
Jennifer

06-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Agreed!

It's ... perfect.

Darkbeer
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't call it perfect, but it is good!

You get an AP discount...

There is free WiFi....

They serve beer and wine....

Here is the menu...

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/grandcalifornianrestaurants/whitewater/whitewater.html

Shortiemetoo
06-29-2005, 12:51 PM
My favorite place to eat at DLR!!! :D

Osky
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM

By the way, unlike most of the other places at the resort, you do not need to spend a minimum to get the discount at White Water Snacks. Your AP discount applies even if you are getting a soda or something small.

Nancy
06-29-2005, 01:03 PM
By the way, unlike most of the other places at the resort, you do not need to spend a minimum to get the discount at White Water Snacks. Your AP discount applies even if you are getting a soda or something small.

Is the discount for all passes :) ?

shawnarae
06-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I have never been to Whitewater, is it pool side?

Darkbeer
06-29-2005, 01:23 PM
It is near pool side, but you don't get a view of the pool.

If you know where the special GCH entrance to DCA is....

Pretend you are leaving the park thru the GCH entrance....

At the end of the path, make a left (most people go right to the main section of the hotel). follow that down past the Spa, Game Room and Restrooms, basically at the end of the path, on the left is Whitewater Snacks.

Wendi
06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Yummy tuna sandwiches, and big breakfast burritos! Can't go wrong with the refillable mug either!!! I also like how they always put a few nice big strawberries on your plate. On our first visit there the cashier gave Max a big Mickey Head chocolate dipped shortbread cookie - nice!

LLevy
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks so much for the menu site. we are taking someone to disneyland on our honeymoon who cannot eat dairy or wheat..(gluten I think) so having the menus ahead of time will help alot.

L

I wouldn't call it perfect, but it is good!

There is free WiFi....

They serve beer and wine....

Here is the menu...

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/grandcalifornianrestaurants/whitewater/whitewater.html

Osky
06-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Not sure. I'll have to check.

pisces
06-29-2005, 03:36 PM
That's a wonderful site : dlresortinfo.com .....with all the pictures and such. They have some of the most extensive photos I've seen yet. Who's site is that?

There needs to be a gallery page on this site.

Anyway, I'm the only one who finds Whitewater's menu painfully limited. Burgers, fries, and sandwiches.......I like something a little more festive on vacation.

However, I've been there once and their cheeseburger was good, and the fries tasted fresh.

I like the fact that the chairs have armrests. There are much more expensive places that don't have armrests on their chairs.

Neon Cactus
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
One of my favorite places to eat there. The burgers are less than Taste Pilots Grill and the quality is better. I've never seen it crowded in there either, so it's usually a good place to get away from the crowds for a little bit.

If you ever get a chance for breakfast there, order the french toast sticks. They're good and you get a lot of them.

Darkbeer
06-29-2005, 05:18 PM
That's a wonderful site : dlresortinfo.com .....with all the pictures and such. They have some of the most extensive photos I've seen yet. Who's site is that?

It happens to be a friend's of mine, met her at the park, and we have been spending a lot of time together (That is Deogge's Mom, myself, her and a few others), in fact, taking her to Club 33 for her Birthday July 18th..... her handle is "judimouse".

She does a lot of work, updating menu's and visiting all the hotels in the area.....:fez: :fez:

Osky
06-29-2005, 05:24 PM

I think it is just the premium. I'm not sure though. I cannot seem to find the info anywhere.

millionairegirl
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Hotel restaurant discounts are only for Premium, at least last time I checked. But information is always subject to change.

The DLR website doesn't advertise the discount for WWS, but does advertise the one for Storytellers as being for Premium only.

pisces
06-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Do you have to purchase something, specifically, at Whitewater, to use their tables?

Now, you all know they've got a microwave in there. Not all of the Grand Californian's rooms have microwaves.

I was wondering if you can just help yourself to Whitewater's microwave, using food that you bought elsewhere ????

I guess it's kind of tacky to bring your own food into a restaurant, and just help yourself to their amenities without purchasing anything.

However, since it is so informal and casual in there, I'm just wondering if they'd really mind?

ToursbabeC3po
06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I got a discount with my deluxe pass but they may have just over looked it and made a mistake. It was 10%.
Jennifer

cstephens
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I don't believe you have to buy food there to use their tables, though if it's really crowded, I think it's a little unkind. But even when I've seen it *very* crowded, I've never seen it totally packed. There are outside tables as well.

SCUBAbe
06-29-2005, 06:09 PM
for the most part it's ok. the price is good. The service is hit and miss. Twice we waited well over 45 min for our food. I only bouht a cold sandwich once, because the bread was so soggy I couldn't eat it. They brought me a "fresh" one which was just as soggy. So, other than those three times the other three times have been great. It's not on my must do list though. We eat there hit and miss...mostly miss...LOL

DangerMouse
06-29-2005, 06:13 PM
They also gave me a discount with my deluxe AP (I didn't request it, they just offered when they saw it on my lanyard). I love WWS, they have the best sandwiches and fruit (for less than they charge in the park) and it is a wonderful place to unwind and get away from the crowds.

ToursbabeC3po
06-29-2005, 06:25 PM
for the most part it's ok. the price is good. The service is hit and miss. Twice we waited well over 45 min for our food. I only bouht a cold sandwich once, because the bread was so soggy I couldn't eat it. They brought me a "fresh" one which was just as soggy. So, other than those three times the other three times have been great. It's not on my must do list though. We eat there hit and miss...mostly miss...LOL

I am happy I got them on a good day because everything was great. I hope I don't get them on one of there "off" days :eek:
Toursbabe

nursemelis374
06-29-2005, 06:35 PM
We had their nachos with chicken and a beef dip. Both were delicious. The nachos had really good fresh chicken on it and a lot of it. The sandwich was good and came with a ton of fries! More than enough for 3-4 people. I highly advise eating there!

CrazyTrain
06-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Interesting. I went to the DL site and WWS isn't mentioned as having a discount at all.

Alex S.
06-30-2005, 08:57 AM
I was disappointed in the nachos because they use a bunch of really good ingredients and then ruin it with cheese sauce rather than real cheese.

I've used their tables without buying anything, but I wouldn't if they were crowded.