PDA

View Full Version : Accident during Block Party Bash

martyr
06-29-2005, 10:16 AM
We were in California Adventure on Sunday, 6-26, and there was some type of accident during the block party bash in the third party zone. We watched in the second zone and then we were walking down later in the paradise pier section and noticed some blood that was cordoned off and surrounded by security. My mother-in-law saw an ambulance arrive from her hotel window. I am curious if it was a guest or a performer. The performers are working so hard during that parade it wouldn't surprise me if there was an accident.

Thanks for any info.

Lee

TikiGeek
06-29-2005, 10:29 AM
... noticed some blood that was cordoned off and surrounded by security. 1-2-3 SCREAM!!! :eek: I hope nobody was seriously injuried.

Disney Vault
06-29-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm surprised we haven't heard more about it. Hope everyone is okay.

Shortiemetoo
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Hope everyone is o.k.!! :(

stitchfan_cm
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
During the performance, a prop fell from one of the floats, and a guest that was performing on the parade route, who was too close to the float, was hit in the head. Nothing serious, but did require a trip to the hospital for a couple of stitches.

SeansMom
06-29-2005, 06:51 PM
.........and boy do head wounds BLEED!

martyr
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I am glad to hear it wasn't more serious. They were guarding the area like it was.

Thanks for the info.

Lee

Mrs. Newseditor44
06-29-2005, 08:24 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he's ok. My husband had a light fixture falls on his head and it bled like crazy but it wasn't life threatening. Initially is terrifying but then it stops bleeding pretty quickly.

Earkid
06-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I am glad to hear it wasn't more serious. They were guarding the area like it was.

LeeThey would have had to guard it until it could be correctly cleaned up because blood is considered biohazardous.

:geek:

kimbopotamus
06-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Yikes! Hope the person is okay!
When we went, one of the scooters that they ride tipped over and almost konked my daughter in the head. I offered to pick in up, but the performer RAN over and apologized like mad and picked it up. They have so much going on during that parade, and they have to do it all so fast! :eek:

splashmtngurl
06-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Wow....i'm suprised we didnt hear more about it before. Thanks for the info...glad to hear everyone is ok.