PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Reservation questions

Permanecer Sentados
06-29-2005, 09:32 AM
How far in advance would you recommend making reservations?

Are walk-ins allowed?

What is the likelihood of getting reservations one day in advance?

TIA.

TikiGeek
06-29-2005, 10:11 AM
In the past, we were able to "walk-in" with a short wait (no choice on seating). It was at a time when the resort was not crowded. This time of year it may be very difficult to dine "stand-by" or get a reservation with only a days notice. But I would not let that stop you from trying. ;) There are about a dozen seats at the kitchen - it's like bar seating. They over look different stations in the kitchen. I believe that those are on a wait basis only - no reservations are available. You may have a shot at those seats.

Best wishes - their food is incredible! :)

Permanecer Sentados
06-29-2005, 10:35 AM
In the past, we were able to "walk-in" with a short wait (no choice on seating). It was at a time when the resort was not crowded. This time of year it may be very difficult to dine "stand-by" or get a reservation with only a days notice. But I would not let that stop you from trying. ;) There are about a dozen seats at the kitchen - it's like bar seating. They over look different stations in the kitchen. I believe that those are on a wait basis only - no reservations are available. You may have a shot at those seats.

Best wishes - their food is incredible! :)

Thank you for the response. My wife and I are in dire need of a nice dinner... sans our 8 month old who we absolutely love, but who will absolutely not allow us to dine in peace. :D

orangechicken
06-29-2005, 11:16 AM
I was actually able to reserve seats viewing the kitchen. I would definitly try and do this if I were you. I reserved them about a month in advance. You get to talk with the chef and he lets you try some of the appetizers and explains to you the process of each of your meals, it was truly a treat, so try and get those seats if that's what you're interested in.

cstephens
06-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I love the kitchen bar seats. I can't decide if I like the left side seats (appetizers and entrees) or the right side seats (entrees and dessert) better.

Walk-ins are allowed if they're not already booked up. How booked they are depends on what day it is and whether it's during a busy time.

Hmmmm, I haven't been to Napa Rose in a while...

adriennek
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
As cstephens suggested, it depends on the day, season & time. I would recommend getting a priority seating if you can, even if you could walk in. I've gotten them a little last minute before but we "had" to eat early. That was fine because we actually wanted an early seating.

Adrienne

06-30-2005, 02:31 AM
I saw the kitchen seating on the Travel Channel! Indeed, it did look fun.

Wouldn't choose it if conversation with my party was high-priority. But if I were going with people I see all the time, absolutely fun!

stan4d_steph
06-30-2005, 05:31 AM
There's also the lounge area if you do a drop in.

Daveylegs
06-30-2005, 06:56 AM
I saw the kitchen seating on the Travel Channel! Indeed, it did look fun.

Wouldn't choose it if conversation with my party was high-priority. But if I were going with people I see all the time, absolutely fun!

As I've said on another thread, the kitchen seating at Napa Rose was one of the best eating experiences I've ever had. The staff there call it "Dinner and a Show." I think the title is apt.

If you're feeling adventerous, tell the waiter/waitress that you want the chef to decide your menu. That's what we did. Soon after, executive chef, Andrew Sutton, came by and started asking us questions about what we like and dislike. It was a lot of fun because we never knew what was coming next. When our food would come (I think there were 5 courses), Sutton would return and tell us what is was and why he selected it for us.

We hope to repeat the experience this fall when we return.

Powerslave
06-30-2005, 08:09 AM
...and you MUST absolutely try the "Beach" appetizer. A hot rock comes in the middle of selected meats and dipping sauces. You can sear your shrimp on the hot rock for added flavor and dip it into the sauces.

It was quite tasty!

SoCalSteven
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
There's also the lounge area if you do a drop in.
Do they serve everything there as well, or only appetizers and drinks?

Shortiemetoo
06-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow...reading this just got me even more excited...I get to eat there next month for the first time!!! Woo hoo!! Thank you everyone!! :D

julia
06-30-2005, 04:02 PM
You might take a chance and call and see if you can get a reservation. A lot of people call and make reservations far in advance of their trip and then, cancel their reservations when their plans change. If you can't get a reservation, then, ask the CM if they have any suggestions for getting into Napa Rose as a walk-up guest. They often know some good hints or have some ideas to try.

Asking for the chef's choice sounds great! Sitting at the counter and watching the chefs work is a great way to pass the time while you wait for your meal. Love those Travel Channel specials - they are great for a Disney fix :) !

Have a magical day!