PDA

View Full Version : Ghost at DisneyLand

malin
02-05-2002, 01:18 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sightings of ghost at Disney Land.I know that the park has had its fair share of deaths over the years.I have heard a few storys of someone being crushed by the Monorail.And they say that he has since been spotted walking along the tracks.I have also heard one or two storys about the Materhorn.Another story is that when DL was just a farm growing oranges.That they used to be a farm house where Fantasy Land is now and the woman who once lived there now haunts one of the shops.Cant remember which one.Anyone else heard about these storys.Or maybe you seen something you just can not explain.Or maybe you know of some more interesting storys of the unexplain at the park.

Gemini Cricket
02-05-2002, 01:25 PM
I heard a ghost story about a woman who scattered her child's ashes somewhere in the Haunted Mansion. I forget if it was a boy or a girl... Anyway, because of this, the ghost child can be seen at the end of the ride where you disembark from your DoomBuggy. I have heard that CMs have seen the child walking down the "up" travelator that takes guests up and out.
:eek: If you believe that sort of thing... I myself do not.:)

justagrrl
02-05-2002, 01:32 PM
I just love ghost stories. :)

Brown Monkey
02-05-2002, 01:56 PM
Pretty interesting topic. I've never really heard of any ghost sightings at Disneyland until your post. How creepy! I always wondered to myself though if any of the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion could actually be real?

Ace
02-05-2002, 08:32 PM
I saw a ghost in that big haunted looking mansion at the west end of the park. It sat in my doooooooooooom buggie and waved.

Embalmerdude
02-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Ladies and gentlemen,
Please do not forget the ghost that haunts the "Death" Ship Columbia. I believe according to the Orange County Coroner, that the poor victim was disembodied due to blunt force trauma to the head.

Oh well...

zapppop
02-05-2002, 09:19 PM
I've heard at least one former CM say that there was a time he was working a closing shift at DL in the HM and he heard a group of children coming down the hall but when he turned the corner to look, the voices were gone and he was alone.......( or was he ? )

I don't know if it's true or not but I was told that part of Disneyland was built on an Indian burial ground.

I know that there are some people that are skeptics and don't believe in ghosts but they really do exist and my family should know. My dad had a ghost follow him from house to house for 15 years !! It scared the heck out of us when my sister was lifted up out of her bed and thrown across the room, but I digress.

I don't know for sure if there are any REAL ghosts in Disneyland but it's possible. Hauntings tend to occur where multiple deaths take place.

Gemini Cricket
02-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Here's a ghostly link to info about the HM and CM stories about their experiences there.:eek:

http://www.doombuggies.com/tales.htm

MammaSilva
02-05-2002, 09:59 PM
I'm NOT going to go to that link I am NOT reading about supernatural stuff going on at Disneyland....nope not going to, you can't make me so there :(:mad:

Dlandmom
02-05-2002, 10:28 PM
For me, ghost stories are things that completely fascinate me, but I think if I actually saw a ghost, I'd die of fright and become one!

justagrrl
02-06-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by zapppop

I know that there are some people that are skeptics and don't believe in ghosts but they really do exist and my family should know. My dad had a ghost follow him from house to house for 15 years !! It scared the heck out of us when my sister was lifted up out of her bed and thrown across the room, but I digress.

My Mom swears they had a ghost in there beach house they rented after h.s. in Newport Beach. They witnessed all the books on a shelf all "jump off" at the same time - to the floor. Heard someone "walking" across a squeaky couch in the living room while in other rooms...would find windows wide open that there locked shut only minutes before (this in a beach house where the wood would swell and prevent windows from being opened without brute force.)

Have you ever seen that somewhat "creepy" show on TV - JOhn Edwards is the guy who "sees" dead people...actually I think he hears them or senses them or something...but it's a real tear jerker sort of show... makes you look around the room and wonder may be visiting you.

I love a ghost story- but have to agree that if I ever "saw" one, I'd quite the scaredy cat.

socabch
02-06-2002, 07:27 AM
If there are any Ghost at DLR it might one of these people who have died because of an incident at DLR. ( I read no-one has ever technically died at DLR. The paramedics do not call time of death until after they have let the park.)Also the Snopes says one CM has died on another page of website.

This site has list of rumors that have been confirmed true or not. Interesting stuff.
http://www.snopes2.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm

I believe in unsettled souls.

Uncle Dick
02-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by socabch
This site has list of rumors that have been confirmed true or not. Interesting stuff.
http://www.snopes2.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm

For a more comprehensive (and gruesome) account of death at Disneyland, interested parties can check out this site (http://www.whatever-dude.com/posts/54.shtml). A warning to the easily offended: the author has a somewhat unsympathetic (to say the least) view towards those who have died at Disneyland thanks to their own stupidity. Also, the profanities fly freely, but if you can stomach it, it's worth the read.

Mad Madam Mim
02-06-2002, 06:41 PM
I for one belive in ghosts and because of my work can be somewhat sensitive to their presence.... i have seen them, but not at DL, I have felt the possible presence... but just blew it off as imagination because i had no one else going.... "hey, did you feel that"

also i have had that kind of creepy someone is watching me feeling at the HM, and i get chills every time it stops, but that could againeasly be my imaginaiton..... i have a very active one, and i don't usualy turn to the person next to me and go.... "hey, did you feel that".

the imaginaiton is a powerfull thing.... remember i belive in them, but the mind dose play tricks when ideas are planted, especially when you are alone.

but that's just my opinion, i could be, and am open to being, wrong

totbellhop
02-06-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I'm NOT going to go to that link I am NOT reading about supernatural stuff going on at Disneyland....nope not going to, you can't make me so there :(:mad:

Hey, why not?
I read it a couple of years ago, scared me a bit, but if you already read all of the above posts then you can look at it, it's pretty much the same, except for some others that are REALLY SCARYYY, just kidding.

jslivinski
03-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Sometime in the past ghosts at DisneyLand was discussed in several threads. I tried running a search, but to many threads came up. I'm linking to a few of them.

Disneyland Deaths and Hauntings (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1317&highlight=Debbie)
Fascinating Facts (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451&highlight=Debbie)

JoeCanadian
03-06-2002, 03:45 PM
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that the Haunted Mansion is haunted?

Dreamstaker
03-06-2002, 08:47 PM
As it should be :)

TecTalker2K
03-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Debbie, I remember when this happened. Poor girl was crushed between walls in the COP building. I hacew heard from several CMs that have seen and felt her there.

Gracy_hm
03-07-2002, 05:44 PM
Do you think Walt may haunt the park???

coronamouseman
03-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Maybe the ghost of Walt Disney is walking around DLR - if he could talk, he might say:

(1) About time the park got a second gate and hotels
(2) Eccch - what a horrible second gate! It's worse than the old Long Beach Pike!
(3) Tears of joy shed for Star Tours, Indy and Splash Mountain
(4) Tears of pain shed for the sorry state of Tommorrowland and DCA
(5) Look of amazement when looking at Matterhorn - that thing is still standing after all these years?
(6) Even greater look of amazement - we own a baseball team and a hockey team? And what's an ESPN?
(7) Last observation - who is the big stupid guy with monogrammed shirts bearing ME who has all those stock certificates hanging out of his pocket and what is he doing running my park(s) this way?