PDA

View Full Version : Club Buzz Stage Presents Person to Person?

socaltexan02
06-28-2005, 07:53 AM
What exactly is that? We have some friends visiting and their 4 yr. old son is a BUZZ FREAK. :) We frequent DL, but my daughter is more of the princess variety...LOL, while we all like the Buzz ride, we usually whiz by that area of Tomorrowland on our way to Autopia or somewhere else. Is it a show w/ Buzz? Do the kids get to meet Buzz? Give me the scoop! Thanks. :)

Alex S.
06-28-2005, 08:15 AM
I can't say for certain since I don't recognize the band name, but since they closed the Buzz stage show after Astro Blasters opened, they've had live music on the stage. The show does not particularly feature Buzz Lightyear but I believe he pops out at some point in the show and dances with the band.

socaltexan02
06-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Ahhh ok...so the "Person to Person" part is the band name. LOL - I feel dorky for not knowing that!! :geek:

Any other meet/greet opportunities for Buzz? (We've been to DCA and seen the Block Party Bash).

sdfilmcritic
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I like the idea of a live band playing at that stage. It gives me the opportunity to grab a table and listen to the music if I want some downtime at DL. Sure I could go to NOS or Main Street for live music, but none of those bands or groups play the Top 40 stuff that gets jammed down our throats every day over the radio.

CrazyTrain
06-29-2005, 07:19 AM
None of the bands I've heard on that stage have been particularily good.

Socaltexan, Buzz does hang around Tomorrowland. I would suggest asking the Toonfinder (at the end of Main St. by the ride board) for specigic times he will be out.

ChipmunkStar
06-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Actually, the Toonfinder has been relocated to a phone-only location. In other words, you have to have a CM cal them for you now.

Buzz still likes to hang out in Tomorrowland, but now he has the option of wandering a bit more, so keep an eye out around Club Buzz... He does like to boogie with the iPod DJs, too...

CrazyTrain
06-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Actually, the Toonfinder has been relocated to a phone-only location. In other words, you have to have a CM cal them for you now.

Oh, so there isn't a CM at the ride board who calls for you anymore? I always thought that person was the Toonfider. :confused: Or I guess the system's the Toonfinder but I always ask that person so he/she is the Toonfinder in my mind *lol*

ChipmunkStar
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh, so there isn't a CM at the ride board who calls for you anymore? I always thought that person was the Toonfider. :confused: Or I guess the system's the Toonfinder but I always ask that person so he/she is the Toonfinder in my mind *lol*

There used to be two people at the Info Board. One from Guest Relations, and another from the Entertainment department who was called the Toonfinder. Long story short, the Toonfinder has since been moved from the Info Board position and relegated to a non-guest approachable area. The only way to contact the Toonfinder now is by asking a CM to call them on an in-park phone.

socaltexan02
06-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, our little Buzz obsessed friend got to meet him wandering around Club Buzz, so all is well. Thanks for the info. I never knew about this Toonfinder!

CrazyTrain
06-30-2005, 09:08 AM
There used to be two people at the Info Board. One from Guest Relations, and another from the Entertainment department who was called the Toonfinder. Long story short, the Toonfinder has since been moved from the Info Board position and relegated to a non-guest approachable area. The only way to contact the Toonfinder now is by asking a CM to call them on an in-park phone.

Ok, so i'm not quite so confused then :) You can ask the ride board person then? That must have been who I asked, because there was only one person there when I used it a few months ago.