PDA

View Full Version : Crowds - we'll be there June 30/ Jul 1 - how is it nowadays?

amismo
06-28-2005, 06:05 AM
One last visit before our passport is blocked off for summer - I know it is crazy to go during the July 4th weekend. We are hoping 30th and 1st would not be so bad.

nursemelis374
06-28-2005, 06:38 AM
I was there last Friday and it was busy but doable. I think that FP for Splash were gone by about 2. POTC was 25 min and Hm was 20.

Gandalf
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
We were there Saturday the 25th at opening and stayed til 2 p.m. and the crowds were actually reasonable. We went on the Haunted Mansion (morning) and the line moved quickly - they were using the complete queue. We haven't been in awhile but knew fastpass was no longer there (thanks to all MPad posters!). Rode several others and they moved pretty fast also. We decided to check out the new sign at Space Mountain and getting excited for it to open. The only big line we saw was over by the old Radio Disney bldg, I think someone was signing something? We didn't get a chance to check out the Golden Horseshoe Review, I think I read on MP there was a change in the works for the show. We ate at Blue Bayou (made sure we ressied - again MP info) zipped through check-in, although we did hear some people disappointed they couldn't just walk up and get in. Even with bigger crowds coming, you'll hate to miss one last time.

jennia
06-28-2005, 03:41 PM
I was there last Friday and it was busy but doable.

I'll second that. The crowds were heavy in the walk ways but the ride lines didn't seem that bad to me either.

shawnarae
06-28-2005, 03:47 PM
That sounds good to me. I go in less then 2 weeks (before Space Mountain opens) and HOPE it is lighter then I am expecting. I am preparing for the worst.

I went last August for a week and enjoyed the mornings. From opening until about 11am or so was very nice. Then late evenings were good too. Seems like Noon-9pm is the most crowded "time block" of summer days. If anyone goes this weekend, please email when you get back and let us know how the crowds are :p