PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry

smomo78
06-27-2005, 12:20 PM
I have AAA Disneyland tickets that say they are good for one early entry but I read somewhere that it's no longer being offered. Is early entry still being offered into Fantasyland, and if so, on what days (I heard that they only do it on certain days).

Darkbeer
06-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Early Entry is offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It is one hour prior to official opening, and basically offers the Fantasyland rides and BLAB (Buzz).

Just show up at the Main Entrance and show your ticket.

bradk
06-27-2005, 12:32 PM
it's being offered until at least 01/01/06 as far as I know.

just to add to darkbeer's response, when the park opens at 10, it seems they'll let you in at 8:30, giving you an hour and a half. so get there early!

smomo78
06-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks!

DwoernAdale
06-27-2005, 01:27 PM
I know I've read this recently but can't remember the answer. Sorry in advance.

Is Mickey's Toon Town Madness the same mornings as early entry? And what time does it start?

bradk
06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
no, couldn't be more different (well, i suppose it could be).

MTMM is a special ceremony, photo-op and attraction time that takes place in toontown which normally opens an hour later than the rest of the park.

it's only available on the same days as EE and the two can be used in conjunction with eachother (there's a rope drop in FL that will lead you right to toontown).

you must have separate passes for MTMM which only come through purchasing vacation packages through WDTC or AAA or (unofficially) on eBay where there actually seems to be quite a few auctions going on right now.

CrazyMouse
06-27-2005, 02:04 PM
no, couldn't be more different (well, i suppose it could be).

MTMM is a special ceremony, photo-op and attraction time that takes place in toontown which normally opens an hour later than the rest of the park.

it's only available on the same days as EE and the two can be used in conjunction with eachother (there's a rope drop in FL that will lead you right to toontown).

you must have separate passes for MTMM which only come through purchasing vacation packages through WDTC or AAA or (unofficially) on eBay where there actually seems to be quite a few auctions going on right now.

I have a quick question. I remember the first time i arrived early at Disneyland and the parking structure was not open yet, so i had to wait for them to accept people. This is going to be my first time going to Disneyland with a AAA vacation package. How will i be able to park my car and get into Disneyland for the early entry if they dont accept people into the parking structure. Thanks everyone.

kimc0486
06-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Does anyone know if military tickets have the EE option?

bhbob
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know if military tickets have the EE option?

The 5 & 3 day parkhoppers my niece bought at the 29 Palms Marine base do NOT include E.E. Sorry. :(

phillyorig
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
I have a quick question. I remember the first time i arrived early at Disneyland and the parking structure was not open yet, so i had to wait for them to accept people. This is going to be my first time going to Disneyland with a AAA vacation package. How will i be able to park my car and get into Disneyland for the early entry if they dont accept people into the parking structure. Thanks everyone.

We went on a Thur and the EE was set for 8am. The parking garage didn't open til 7:30am. Use the Ball Ave. Entrance. The other entrance isisn't open yet.

Check with your hotel if they have a free shuttle. The shuttle gets you there alot earlier.
They did not open the gates till 8am and I got to hear them,with a select family, do a countdown. that was cool

miss bianca
06-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Do you get Early Entry just from buying AAA tickets or do you have to buy the whole vacation package?

Thanks

bradk
06-28-2005, 10:28 AM
early entry comes with hopper bonus tickets that start out at 3 days. you do not need to buy a package or buy the tickets through anyone in particular.

Darkbeer
06-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Do you get Early Entry just from buying AAA tickets or do you have to buy the whole vacation package?

Thanks

You can get Early Entry by buying a 3 day or longer ParkHopper from AAA Travel, WDTC, most travel agents, Disney Stores, Disneyland.com and Good Neighbor Hotels front desks.

Also the SoCal CityPass comes with an Early Entry.

HydroGuy
06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
You can get Early Entry by buying a 3 day or longer ParkHopper from AAA Travel, WDTC, most travel agents, Disney Stores, Disneyland.com and Good Neighbor Hotels front desks.

Also the SoCal CityPass comes with an Early Entry.Be careful they are three day parkhopper bonus tickets. There are some that are not bonus and thus do not include EE.

phillyorig
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM

Thanks

I got my 5 day hopper tickets at the Disney store.

AAA had the 5 day hopper, with free parking and an ESPNZONE card and it was $4 cheaper than Disney Store.

I went for the DS one because of the EE but after getting there and our hotel didn't have a FREE shuttle and I was a little smiffed over the EE, the AAA tickets were a better value for us.
You learn from your mistakes! :(

shawnarae
06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
OK, I just want to make sure I understand how it works, as I am going next week and will do EE on Saturday and Mickey's Madness that day too. I have never done either of these special promotions.

So if the Disneyland's general admission opens at 8am I can get inside Fantasyland at 7am? That early?

Then If the park opens to the public at 8am on Saturday July the 9th (as per DLR Website), then 8am is when the Mickey's Madness would start? Since it usually opens an hour after the park opens, which would be 9am to the public?

I am trying to plan out my Saturday morning, so I don't miss out and don't get overwhelmed with 3 kids and crowds :) THX!

bradk
06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
yes, you have it exactly.

the actual toontown parade/ceremony starts at about 8:20, but you'll still want to make sure you're by the rope by 7:45 or so to get in because you'll have photo-ops before (and after) and also be able to ride the attractions.

shawnarae
06-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks bradk :D

experiment626
06-28-2005, 07:10 PM
AAA also include the EE.

bradk
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
yes, as explained, all hopper bonus tickets, whether they're purchased through Disney or AAA or ARES Travel or a good neighbor hotel or the disney store or even through citypass have EE.

scaeagles
06-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Be sure to check on the days. I was there June 21-26, and they had EE on Wednesday, not Thursday.

HydroGuy
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Be sure to check on the days. I was there June 21-26, and they had EE on Wednesday, not Thursday.Good advice. I understand they have been moving EE around because of GradNights. I'm not sure when these end - they may have already. When that happens EE should be on the regular schedule.