PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to view the new fireworks show?

stitchlvr
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I know this has been discussed here already, but I searched and could not find the old thread. We are taking a last minute trip and have not seen the new fireworks show yet. Since my next trip will probably be in off season, we probably won't get to see it then. Any way, where should we sit (DD 8 yr old & I) to get the best chance of seeing the fireworks and how early should we get there? We will be in DL 7/5-7/8. Thanks.

Niwel
06-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Here's the MP guide:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm

disney_leonard
06-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Here are a couple of links that will give you pros and cons of different locations. I have sat in front of the castle and it was good. BUT, if too close to the castle you lose some of the aerial fireworks effects due to the angle. I’ve seen them from the backside of the hub and the view is good there as well BUT you can’t see all of the projections on the castle. Wherever you chose, make sure you can see the castle AND the Matterhorn.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43770

stitchlvr
06-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks so much for all the great info! I knew it was somewhere here. Thanks for getting me to the right links!

phillyorig
06-26-2005, 06:41 PM
I know this has been discussed here already, but I searched and could not find the old thread. We are taking a last minute trip and have not seen the new fireworks show yet. Since my next trip will probably be in off season, we probably won't get to see it then. Any way, where should we sit (DD 8 yr old & I) to get the best chance of seeing the fireworks and how early should we get there? We will be in DL 7/5-7/8. Thanks.

My experience 2.5 weeks ago..

We were at the hub, on the middle circle,across the walkway to the Matterhorn.
It was great BUT...
I had to turn all around to see all the other stuff going on!!! It was still pretty cool!!!!
I am thinking, if you stood at the hub, at Main Street side,you could see all the "stuff" going on. Don't know.

I also saw the fireworks from the back at Small World. See it from the front first, then if you like to see and hear the "poof", go for it!!

You do hear the music all around the area.

have fun!!!

crazi4dlr
06-26-2005, 07:10 PM
We just got home yesterday and last Monday we staked out a spot on the curb of the hub directly facing the castle and we saw everything with an unhindered view. We found out spot at 6:30 pm and stayed there until the fireworks and were able to see the parade as well because we had our seats saved by our neighbors. By the time the fireworks came on you could not move through the walkway but everyone stayed seated and we all had a great time. IMO that was the best show and it was free. We paid for balcony seating for Fantasmic on Tuesday night and I don't think it was worth the price. I preferred the fireworks display.

LytNnBug
06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
We just got home yesterday and last Monday we staked out a spot on the curb of the hub directly facing the castle and we saw everything with an unhindered view. We found out spot at 6:30 pm and stayed there until the fireworks and were able to see the parade as well because we had our seats saved by our neighbors.

We sat just to the left of you on Monday on the tracks in the street across from the Carnation Garden area. Great view of the castle but many of the fireworks were blocked by the trees. Tuesday night we arrived around 7:00 and were on the sidewalk between the curb and the benches just to the left of the walk way out of the hub. Much better for the fireworks and everyone stayed seated which was nice. The show is worth watching more than once. Friday night (our last night) we happened to get ice cream and finally got through the line right at the time the fireworks started and stood in the middle of Main Street in front of the Ice Cream Parlor. It was great to get the larger view because the Pirates segment was better from that angle, you really got the feeling of the cannon volleys. Again, just a great show!

HydroGuy
06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
I asked this same question recently on another forum. See http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=6589 for additional advice.