PDA

View Full Version : Strange lost and found story

SoCalSteven
06-26-2005, 12:01 PM
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/bizarre/66172004.htm

Thats bizarre: A visitor to Disneyland almost left with a different face after losing an artificial eye in the theme park.

Kay McFaul, head of lost and found at the Florida park, revealed how she rescued the eye moments before it was to be thrown out with the rubbish, after the woman raised the alarm.

Ms. McFaul said: "Immediately I put out a call and said, 'Have the sweepers check their dustpans, because we have a woman who has lost her artificial eye!'
"A short time later, in came this young guy, and he just handed me his pan.

"He thought it was a marble. Then he got the call and realized - it was looking at him."

I could imagine the message to the CMs! "Keep your eyes out for an eye that is out and about."

SoCalDude
06-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I would never have guessed that those things can just pop out like that - and how much they cost!

When I was working at Sea World SD as a ride op on shipwreck rapids we had a guest who had lost their artificial eye in the first long-stretch (right after the flamingos for those of you who know the ride). At first we told her that she was basically out of luck because there was no way we could go look for it while the ride was going, so we would do our best to find it the next morning durng the moring walk. I guess this was not acceptable for her - I dunno where she went or who she talked to but not too long after the word came down to shut the ride down and look for it right then. And keep in mind this is in the middle of summer and the line was about 90 minutes for the ride! And when we do a complete ride shut down like this - it is going to be at LEAST an hour before it opens back up. And yes, we did find her eye stuck on one of the boards that are used to make the rapids.

hlbtimes2
06-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Shortiemetoo
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
I had a patient once who had an artifical eye, dentures and a prothstesis in place of her right leg. It was interesting helping her get ready to go to sleep!!

bradk
06-26-2005, 09:06 PM
i wonder how she filled out the report. distinguishing marks and then such so that they could positively identify it as hers

Karen256
06-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Am I the only anal retentive person that can't get past mistakes like saying Disneyland is a Florida park? As interesting as the story is, I just keep focusing on that error.

I realize the article was in a British website where they may not care much about the difference between Disneyland and Walt Disney World, but come on, a little more attention to detail is a good thing.

Oh yeah, the eye thing is just freaky.

Karen256
06-26-2005, 09:21 PM
When I was working at Sea World SD as a ride op on shipwreck rapids we had a guest who had lost their artificial eye in the first long-stretch (right after the flamingos for those of you who know the ride). At first we told her that she was basically out of luck because there was no way we could go look for it while the ride was going, so we would do our best to find it the next morning durng the moring walk. I guess this was not acceptable for her - I dunno where she went or who she talked to but not too long after the word came down to shut the ride down and look for it right then. And keep in mind this is in the middle of summer and the line was about 90 minutes for the ride! And when we do a complete ride shut down like this - it is going to be at LEAST an hour before it opens back up.

I'd probably demand the ride be shut down if it were me, who'd want to walk around with an empty eye socket? Also according to this website: artificialeye.net (http://www.artificialeye.net/)

Damaging socket shrinkage may also occur if you go without your prosthesis for any length of time.

uvsc_wolverine
06-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Personally, I was kinda curious about how she lost her eye in DL and it turned up in the trash in Florida.

bradk
06-26-2005, 10:31 PM
magical express

infinite
06-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Personally, I was kinda curious about how she lost her eye in DL and it turned up in the trash in Florida.

Haven’t you ever hear of “wandering eyes”?