PDA

View Full Version : Closest AND Nicest Beach to Disneyland...

baileykat
02-04-2002, 01:39 PM
If one wanted to take a side trip to a beach while staying at DLR, which one would you reccommend...AND how cold is the water right now...(i know it's cold, just want to be prepared!)..and this is a family trip!

Uncle Dick
02-04-2002, 04:23 PM
I'd recommend Laguna Beach. It's probably about a half hour away from Disneyland. The water is always cold, although unless it's overcast and windy, it'll probably be okay. Make sure to check out the tide pools!

2CN
02-04-2002, 04:36 PM
The closest beaches would be Huntington Beach and Newport Beach.

For Newport, just go down Harbor, which will run into Newport Blvd (you stay/turn right onto this) then stay straight and you will eventually cross over PCH and be on Balboa Penisula, and keep going down this street and you will eventually hit the end which is where the pier is.. nice beach here.

For Huntington Beach, go down like you are going to New Port, but when you get to PCH, take the 'exit' from Newport Blvd onto PCH going North.. then just head up PCH, and once you cross the storm channel, you will be in HB.. keep going and you will hit Pierside/Downtown HB... to get back to the DLR, go back twords Newport and follow the signs to Newport Blvd... HB is the largest stretch of city owned beach, plus on both sides there is the Bolsa Chica state beach.

2CN
02-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Oh yea.. forgot the temps... acording to the paper today, HB is58/55, and Newport 60/57.

HBTiggerFan
02-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Huntington is the Best. And our Main St./Peir (with a Rubys at the end) is AWESOME!!!!!

zapppop
02-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Newport Beach is cool !
Take Harbor Blvd south to Newport Blvd and go south.
Water temp is okay... ( I think ).

Mouse
02-04-2002, 06:53 PM
I recomend Laguna Beach. Wondeful...it has the best atmosphere. MMMM...toasty! I love the beach!

Dlandmom
02-04-2002, 09:08 PM
I'd say Newport, but more Balboa Island (which you can reach two ways, but I'd recommend going down Jamboree until you go over the bridge onto the island...little shops and such there).

I also vote for Laguna...very nice, shops, nice sandy beach areas.

zapppop
02-04-2002, 09:20 PM
I think it's better to drive to Newport Beach and take the ferry to Balboa Island because the streets on the island are kinda squishy. That's why I don't drive on the island; it just feels uncomfortable to me.

Nigel2
02-04-2002, 10:19 PM
Yeah Laguna is nice (esp if you want to do a little shopping, but can get pricey), also Laguna does have more hills than Newport, but newport is also very nice, look arround the island a little see the plaque for where the red car use to leave from...:)