PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Closed on July 17th?

Mickey
06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Has anyone ever known about Disneyland closing because of the park being in its full capacity? :geek:

sdfilmcritic
06-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Yes, the place has closed the gates from any more visitors entering the park if the capacity has reached the limits. Don't ask me about the specifics about how the procedure is handled, but I do know that once you are inside for the day you're set until you leave. I can't remember if you will be let back into the park just because you were inside earlier in the day. They do keep track of how many people are coming in and how many are going out. I've heard somewhere that when enough people leave the park then they will allow some people to come back in.

Malcon10t
06-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Has anyone ever known about Disneyland closing because of the park being in its full capacity? :geek:

Happens several times a year. Been through it several times myself.

Malcon10t
06-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Yes, the place has closed the gates from any more visitors entering the park if the capacity has reached the limits. Don't ask me about the specifics about how the procedure is handled, but I do know that once you are inside for the day you're set until you leave. I can't remember if you will be let back into the park just because you were inside earlier in the day. They do keep track of how many people are coming in and how many are going out. I've heard somewhere that when enough people leave the park then they will allow some people to come back in.

They usually stop selling tickets well before they hit capacity. When they close the gates, no one will get in til the capacity drops.

AVP
06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
From a post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=325806&postcount=3) a couple of years ago - I don't think the policy has changed since then:

As I understand it... there are three "stages" of "full."

Stage One is, "Gee, this park is crowded - we better stop selling one day tickets and try to herd people over to DCA." There is a specific attendance figure which triggers this. People who already have valid admission media to the park can still get in to Disneyland, you can still buy annual passes and get into Disneyland, you can buy park-hoppers and get into Disneyland.

Stage Two is, "Oh, wow, that didn't work - we need to stop selling new admissions to Disneyland." At that point, the only people getting into Disneyland are those who already have valid admissions IN HAND. NO new admissions to Disneyland will be sold. Again, there is a specific number which triggers this condition.

Stage Three is, "The Fire Marshall says we need to stop letting people in now, or else." That's when it does not matter if you have a ticket, a handstamp, an annual pass, whatever - you aren't getting in. Estimates are that this number is 85,000 people, but that depends on who you talk to.

When this has happened in the past, they have allowed a certain number of people to enter each hour, based on the number of people who leave. I know of this happening once - during the Electrical Parade "glowing away" season, but a friend says she has seen it happen at least twice more.

charpaul
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
The three stages of closing are what I have heard of before. If you will be leaving the park for ANY reason on the 17th GET A HAND STAMP!!!
It does not guarantee reentry, but it might help.

THe magic number for park closing is based on the number of attractions that are running that day. More attractions means more people will be able to enter and do things in the park. Since they anticipate all attractions being open for the 17th - the 85,000 figure is what I think will be used. Not usre if that is official - DIsney never says what the numbers are.

Ulysses
06-29-2005, 02:18 AM
If it helps -- and it probably will, which is why they are doing it -- CMs cannot enter the park for free on their ID cards that day. Not that it matters because everyone will be working anyway. All I can say is, if by some fluke I am not scheduled to work that day I am going to be p***d because that means I can't get in the park without buying a ticket.