PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Dreams, Enchanting or Annoying?

Pages : [1] 2

Mickey
06-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Think its the best Disneyland parade in 50 years?

Think they could of done a little better?

Do you like the soundtrack (Phil Collins etc)??? or you need a little more feeling like they did on the music of Remember Dreams Come true (that truly gets you!)

Some people say that the characters are more focused on the music and trying to get done with the parade , than having a great time with the audience and really feel that they are the "disney characters"(example Belle), whats your opinion?

Which other character would you like to see on the parade? :eek:

Mommy2NicknMax
06-24-2005, 05:59 AM
The only thing that I didn't like about it is the show stops. I think the stops are great but the length of time (and hearing the same music over and over) can get on your nerves. One time I made the mistake of being in between two show stops so I had two different songs (and sets of characters) to listen to. The parade seems very slow moving also (not including show stops, just in general). Now keep in mind the only times I've seen it were May 5th and 6th, so some of this may have changed since then.

I do like the parade and the floats are amazing!!!

Animalia
06-24-2005, 06:02 AM
I saw it for the first time last Saturday catching both the afternoon and evening runs. I like the floats and the unique acrobatics on each during the stop. But I had a problem with the flow of the music from unit to unit. For example, the Electrical Parade incorperates Disney showtunes with the main parade theme song so the transition from unit to unit is smooth. But with this parade, the music switches from one unit (Little Mermaid music) to the next (Lion King music) with nothing to tie them together. It kind of gave me an uneasy feeling. Other than that I thought it was great. The evening run enchanted me the most because of the great lighting effects on each float. I caught that parade at town square. With all of the floats traveling around the square, the music from the floats all in the same place at the same time made for a lot of noise. But when they stopped for the show, WOW! Stand near the flag pole and you're surrounded by energetic acrobats and dancers. Who by the way do a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to seeing it again on my next visit.

DangerMouse
06-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Not super exicted about the new parade. Don't like the music changes, don't like the parade stops. Of course, we were in a really bad place during the stop, so that my mind may change if I get in front of an exciting acrobat float during a stop. However, it just seemed very short and not enough characters or audience interaction from the lead disney characters. They all just seem so far away up high on those floats. I would love to see Mary and Burt and some of the other "classic" disney characters. . . JMO

DCADude
06-24-2005, 07:20 AM
I think its annoying. Its to traditional. Block party is better.

SoCalSteven
06-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Also, there is no break in the parade, so you end up stuck on one side of it.

SteveK
06-24-2005, 08:39 AM
The floats are great and probably better than any floats in the past few years. A couple of comments. You will have to see it multiple times to see what happens on each float during parade stops...kinda sucks for the one time visitor. Second, if you're sitting between two floats at a parade stop, you'll get the music mixing in from both floats. Very confusing and somewhat annoying. Overall, we've seen it three times and have enjoyed it each time.
-Steve

SteveK
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
I think its annoying. Its to traditional. Block party is better.

I think traditional was what they were looking for when celebrating 50 years so it seems like they've hit their mark. I liked block party but can't say I felt the need to rush back and see it again. But hey, I'm more of a traditionalist so that makes sense.
-Steve

MrsG
06-24-2005, 10:18 AM
The only thing that I didn't like about it is the show stops. I think the stops are great but the length of time (and hearing the same music over and over) can get on your nerves. One time I made the mistake of being in between two show stops so I had two different songs (and sets of characters) to listen to. The parade seems very slow moving also (not including show stops, just in general).
Totally agree. We watched the blue fairy and her entourage dance for about 10 minutes but it seemed like hours!

Will admit that the floats are awesome but probably not enough for me to deal with the crowds to see it again.

Christiii
06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree!! I LOVE the parade floats and the music..but those stops are tooooo looooong...I think they are trying to make up for the fact that there are really not many floats for a parade...so if they didnt stop that long..it would be really short!! They at least need to add some marching bands or more walking dance troops in between the floats to add length (if they dont want to do more floats that is)...at least it would be something more than just the huge floats!!

phoenixfire2k5
06-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey, at least it's not "Light Tragic" aka Light Magic. Or Parade of the Stars, or Parade of the Old Farts as I liked to call it. Because it always featured characters you never see anymore such as Robin Hood, etc. Sure, it ain't the Electrical Parade or the Parti-Gra Parade for their 35th, but I still like it. One of the best parts is where they inserted the sound byte of Walt Disney. And as far as hearing two different songs going at the same time, that just means that some of you were on or near the border of two different sound grids. For future reference, check ahead with CM's and make sure that you're not near one of these and you should be fine.

MrsG
06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
And as far as hearing two different songs going at the same time, that just means that some of you were on or near the border of two different sound grids. For future reference, check ahead with CM's and make sure that you're not near one of these and you should be fine.
No one should be expected to know the "right place to sit/stand" for a parade, especially a Disney parade. Your average joe tourist sure isn't going to check with a CM for the right place to see a parade. Disney should have thought of the merging songs problem when they were putting this Big Production together.

phoenixfire2k5
06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
No one should be expected to know the "right place to sit/stand" for a parade, especially a Disney parade. Your average joe tourist sure isn't going to check with a CM for the right place to see a parade. Disney should have thought of the merging songs problem when they were putting this Big Production together.

There isn't anything they can really do to fix it. It's not like they can blend it from one sound grid to the next. There are numerous speakers along the parade route. With separate groups of them each having their own "sound grid". Such as Town Square, Main Street "straightaway", Plaza Hub, etc. I'm not sure if these are exact, but they are my estimates of where they are. Usually the music is playing on a grid before the floats arrive. You are correct that any average guest won't know if theyre sitting in the right place or not for sound when it comes to sound grids, but its not exactly something that can be fixed. And I'm sure there is someone here that knows what I'm talking about, and can explain it better than I can.

Mrs. Newseditor44
06-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I personally don't like it for many reasons, some of which have already been posted. I just didn't feel anything after watching this parade.

MrsG
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
There isn't anything they can really do to fix it. It's not like they can blend it from one sound grid to the next.
I understand what you are saying. :p My point is that they should have thought of all of this as they were planning this parade. Did they have the same problem with the LK parade? Maybe not since it had a central theme.

Jon Vincible
06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
I really enjoyed it. I agree that the stops were too long and I absolutely detested the "backstreet boys" portion of the main theme song, but overall I thought it was great. It didn't bring a tear to my eye like the fireworks, but it was fun.

CoasterChickie
06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
The floats are beautiful and I like the parade but the Lion King parade when my twins were about three wll always be my favorite.

disney jones
06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
its OK, but i've seen it several times and don't feel a need to ever see it again.

The Block Party Bash though rocks! We'll keep seeing it each trip - the girls love it - it's nothing special or classic, (like MSEP, my favorite), but it's just a fun thing to do. :D

Disney Vault
06-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I have only seen it in videos and not live but I think it looks nice. I agree the show stops are strange and just don't really fit right but I think the floats look amazing. And some of the puppets just seem so real (Simba on the lion king float). And it seems even more amazing as a parade because the parade of stars had gotten so old.

kbanmen
06-28-2005, 04:27 PM
i think the parade is so so. but my two girls who are 2 and 4 just love it, and i think that is the good thing.. so I think this is a diffentie plus

Darkbeer
06-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I vote Enchanting for Parade of Dreams, each time I see it, I enjoy it more....

On the other hand, each time I see the Block Party Bash, or parts of it, it gets more Annoying....

cstephens
06-28-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm a bit surprised about the comments regarding the show stops. Not that many people remember the Lion King Celebration, huh?

MrsG
06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm a bit surprised about the comments regarding the show stops. Not that many people remember the Lion King Celebration, huh?
I remember the Lion King parade very well - one of my favorites. The whole parade just seemed more cohesive and blended together well (probably because it had a central theme). And the stops just seemed to be timed better.

Sandiegoboy
06-29-2005, 02:26 AM
I liked the lion king parade stops. I Think I remember people putting poles in the ground and doing some sort of acrobatics on them.... And did they release doves in that parade? I think so, I loved the Lion King parade.

PS - Dont get stuck in front of ursula for the new parade stop. I did both times I watched it at town square and the hub. It has to be the worst parade stop. Big puppet and two girls throwing black balls in the air.

CinemaGal15
06-30-2005, 01:51 AM
I like the parade but dislike that it stops. And having to work there, the guest controllers never let me pass, which affects my locations greatly because I can't stock them.