PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations

SoCalSteven
06-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Anyone know when the Holiday decorations go up, particularly in NOS?

tlovesdis
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Usually the first weekend in November.

jennia
06-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Are they going to put up the holiday decorations this year? I heard a rumor (from someone who supposedly *knows* someone at Disney) that the 50th decorations will stay in place. I figured that the news that the holiday parade was possibly moving to DCA that this info might be correct.

SoCalSteven
06-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Are they going to put up the holiday decorations this year? I heard a rumor (from someone who supposedly *knows* someone at Disney) that the 50th decorations will stay in place. I figured that the news that the holiday parade was possibly moving to DCA that this info might be correct.
That would be a bummer. There isn't much 50th stuff in NOS anyway, I'd hope they put up the Christmas stuff there.

jennia
06-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, the post where I "heard" this was filled with people who were not happy at the thought of DLR without their Christmas decorations. I hope that the person is wrong.... the explanation was the Disney didn't want to remove the 50th anniversay stuff on a temporary basis because of the all money spent and all the anniversay hype.

I love the NOS decorations, someplace I have a great photo of the HUGE ornaments that hang in the trees.

disneyhound
06-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know when they remove the Christmas Decor? If one were to be at DL the first week or so in January, will the Christmas stuff still be up?

Disneyscapes
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I was thinking about why the celebration was slated to run for 18 months. I hypothesized that 18 months from May places you at the beginning of November 2006. 50th deocrations go down, holiday decorations go up.

One of my favorite holiday decorations:

http://disneyscapes.blogspot.com/2005/06/its-small-colorful-world.html

rentayenta
06-23-2005, 10:16 PM
One of my favorite holiday decorations:

http://disneyscapes.blogspot.com/2005/06/its-small-colorful-world.html

Mine too! :D

SoCalSteven
06-23-2005, 10:28 PM
I was thinking about why the celebration was slated to run for 18 months. I hypothesized that 18 months from May places you at the beginning of November 2006. 50th deocrations go down, holiday decorations go up.
Sounds resonable, but I hope it is untrue.

Disneyscapes
06-24-2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it would be hard to imagine a holiday season without the decorations. Wouldn't be that difficult to intertwine the two (50th deco and holiday deco). My next trip is slated for December, so I'm hoping for it :)

pisces
06-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Oh, you'll have lots to photograph. I'm expecting the full 9-yards with all the trimmings.

As for when they take the decorations down: (sniffle) I was there Monday, January 3, 2005. It was sooo depressing. Supposedly, the decorations were slated to come down. I saw the very last performance of Believe on Sunday, Jan 2, which was sooo sad. And the very last snowfall....which malfunctioned :rolleyes: . Oh well. It was solemn nonetheless. There's something very poignant about seeing the Holiday out.

Although, January 3, does seem a little early. I wondered if perhaps, parade and fireworks notwithstanding, they might leave the trees and trim up till the middle of January.

We always left our tree, at home, up till at least January 20, 21st.

I made a hasty retreat off the resort, early, at 10:00 am, because I just didn't have the heart to watch the wrecking crews take down that beautiful GC tree.

Christmas really needs to extend, at least, 3 weeks into January.

Actually, there really needs to me something Christmas-y the whole year long, as a reminder, of that special time.

phoenixfire2k5
06-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah, the post where I "heard" this was filled with people who were not happy at the thought of DLR without their Christmas decorations. I hope that the person is wrong.... the explanation was the Disney didn't want to remove the 50th anniversay stuff on a temporary basis because of the all money spent and all the anniversay hype.

I love the NOS decorations, someplace I have a great photo of the HUGE ornaments that hang in the trees.

Nah, maybe they might merge them. Or, after 50 years of celebrating Xmas at Disneyland, they might have something new mixed in with the old. All I know, is that the first weekend of December, I am there in Main Street to watch the candlelight procession. That show is PHENOMENAL!!! I have seen it for the past 2 years and it is excellent. I will always go back year after year from now on. It is a must see!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Anyone know when the Holiday decorations go up, particularly in NOS?

We were there the first week in November last year, planning another trip there this year, same time, and the decs were up. It was beautiful. iasw holiday opened that week too!