PDA

View Full Version : Fall at Disneyland

shawnarae
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
I was just curious if there was anything special at Disneyland during the Fall months. Between Sept-Nov I hope to make it there twice. I have been over Thanksgiving, but not in Sept & Oct. So I am wondering if there is anything just done at the park or any of the restaurants just for the Fall season? Anything with the decor, food, dressed up characters or events? I did a search of this Forum and could not see any threads related to Fall traditions or anything of that nature.

Also after Labor Day I am hoping the crowds will lessen. Especially mid-week. Thoughts from past years? Or will the 50th make it busy regardless?

Pat-n-Eil
06-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, other than the Holiday Version of Disneyland that often occurs in early November, I think you can expect the normal Disneyland experience, but with less crowds.

The fireworks may or may not be going. In the fall, they usually stop. They always depend on the weather, but during this 50th anniversary celebration you may be in luck!

I wouldn't expect the restaurant menus to change either.

Wendi
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Haunted Mansion Holiday!!!

Holiday decorations should start going up the day after Halloween.

it's a small world holiday will likely open the first Friday after Halloween.

The best part about DLR in the fall - no crowds and perfect weather!!!

shawnarae
06-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the replies :) I was just hoping for something special for Fall, since I have never been between sumemr & winter. But that is ok. Between the 50th celebration & then getting the park ready for Christmas I am sure they don't have the time or expense account for Fall. But how great would it be for some Fall decor? Oversized pumpkins, hay bales, scarecrows, fall colored leaves to decorate certain areas. Plus menu changes (or additions) just for Sept-Nov, like spicey or pumpkin flavored desserts or drinks. Candy made in brown, orange and rust colors special for this time of year (lollipops, ect). Anyway, just wanted to ask...and hey maybe I will notice something special for the season that I can report back here :) Thanks again!!!

CoasterChickie
06-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I never went in the fall till lst year and it was a really wonderful tme of year to be there...smal crowds and great weather. And the best thing was the NBC layover. I love that!!

uvsc_wolverine
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I was there last October the week before halloween, and HMH was going, and there were some Christmas decorations up in the back alleys of NOS. Fantasmic wasn't running (normally it would have gone on Friday evening), but that was because the Columbia was being overhauled. The Believe... fireworks did run on Friday. So, most of the usual entertainment should be going (I'll be there again this October!) but the nighttime spectaculars will probably only run on the weekends - but maybe we'll get lucky because it's the 50th!

Wendi
06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
You will find Pumpkin Pie fudge (way yummy!) and NBC themed entrees and desserts at the French Market. You will probably see some fall decor if you go early enough in the season, but by the day after Halloween the Christmas decorations go up.