PDA

View Full Version : September events

Rteneyck
06-23-2005, 01:31 PM
I am planning a trip to Disneyland in September and I know that in the past they sometimes have a soap weekend or something like that at DCA. I want to try to avoid that so there will be less crowds. Does anyone know of any events like that this year? Any information would be appreciated.

shawnarae
06-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Not sure about "soap" week, but I have gone on Labor Day Monday before. I WAS CRAZY! I honestly thought it would not be that bad (prior to going), wow was I wrong. I think it is the official day people end their summer trips. Even though many schools go back in session mid-August. It was nuts. Also with the 50th celebrations this year I am sure it will be double what I experienced. Hot & crowded is how I remember that trip to be honest. A far cry from any other trips I have taken (including those in the summer). But as far as "soap" week, I am sure DLR's website has a calendar with dates.

GrumpyUTboi
06-26-2005, 09:48 AM
We've been at the end of Sept and the end of Oct. At the end of Sept it was hot for a few days, almost unbearable. In Oct it was great for Halloween but a lot of food stands were not open due to the slow season. In Sept they close the HM for the holiday overlay so that is why we are going the end of Sept, so we can ride the HM. We were going to go for Halloween but POTC was supposed to be closed so we rearranged our trip.