PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Space Mountain Lady

MonorailMan
02-04-2002, 09:27 AM
You know the one I'm taling about, right before you go into the main loading Area. I had to stand there about a 1/2 an hour, and she keeps saying the same prcautions over and over and over.....

She drove me nuts.....

Uncle Dick
02-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Half an hour?? Was the ride broken or something? I find this especially odd because that area of the queue is usually left empty to keep the wait down for Fastpass users.

bluepearl
02-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Are you talking about the Shannen Doherty (90210-era) look-alike? I haven't seen that video in a really long time. Everytime we get on the ride and pass through that area, it's either the Space Mountain logo, or just a spaceship flying through space.

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
Are you talking about the Shannen Doherty (90210-era) look-alike?

She totally looks like Shannen Doherty. But this lady's a lot nicer, I'm sure... and her Space Mtn TV show will be on longer than Doherty's stays on 90210 & Charmed...
;)

Cadaverous Pallor
02-04-2002, 02:29 PM
At least in between repetitions of her spiel you got to see some actors in a Space Mtn. car wiggling their bodies around, looking amazed at the stars around them.....just about the lamest way to prepare someone for a ride. :p :p :p It cracks me up every time!

Heck, if I'd never ridden it before and saw that lame video, I'd get out of line!

tinkfreak
02-04-2002, 09:28 PM
Sigh. My boyfriend wants her really bad. This makes me consider her skanky.

tinkfreak
02-04-2002, 09:30 PM
Yay! 100 posts! OOps.. 101...

bluepearl
02-04-2002, 10:17 PM
How old would she be now? Like in her 30s or 40s? Er, a better question would be - has that video been there since the ride opened?

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
02-04-2002, 10:30 PM
While I agree with everything that was said about the Space Mountain lady.....

What about the Star Tours chic with the HUGE figure 8 of hair glued smack on the right side of her head!

Was the purpose of that hair style to transcend all others so it will always look freakish no matter what decade we're in? Who is that lady? What's she doing these days......

No Grape Koolaid
02-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

She totally looks like Shannen Doherty. But this lady's a lot nicer, I'm sure... and her Space Mtn TV show will be on longer than Doherty's stays on 90210 & Charmed...
;)

You mean longer than both of her stays COMBINED. <EG> Whenever I see the Sapce Mountain Lady, I use my own dialogue "Hi, I didn't get the role of Brenda on 90210 so, I had to take this role instead."

Uncle Dick
02-04-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bluepearl
How old would she be now? Like in her 30s or 40s? Er, a better question would be - has that video been there since the ride opened?

Nope, I believe it's been there since 1996. I'm not entirely sure though because I didn't visit Disneyland in 1996. But I know it wasn't there in 1995 and when I went in 1997, it was.

Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
What about the Star Tours chic with the HUGE figure 8 of hair glued smack on the right side of her head!

Was the purpose of that hair style to transcend all others so it will always look freakish no matter what decade we're in? Who is that lady? What's she doing these days......

Well, it works doesn't it? :D Actually, it would be all well and good if the clothing of the guests in that video wasn't so 80s. Just look at the kid who takes a flash picture of Chewbacca!

bluepearl
02-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Aw man, the lady's hair-do on Star Tours kicks butt. :lol: Well, in the sense that I'd totally wear a wig like that for Halloween. Whenever we go on the ride (which is pretty rare these days), I'll look at it, point and say, "Dude, I would SO rock the wig at Halloween if I had one!" Hahaha...

As for the video, that would make a bit of sense, seeing as that was when 90210 was in its height. ;) It looks a bit old, but maybe that's just my warped perception.

Gemini Cricket
02-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo

I call her Teapot Head. I like Teapot Head. She's very friendly and sounds very genuine... the 100 times or so that I've seen her spiel. Star Tours in general needs to be updated. But with the prequels and all...we may have JarJar telling us to buckle up and so on. "Mesa wanna remindya to buckle upa da seatbelt, ya?" Talk about annoying! :)

Iceman
02-05-2002, 06:11 PM
ROTFLMAO! :D