PDA

View Full Version : Long term refurbishment schedule?

keschy
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
I am planning a trip for mid septembr. The DL website doesn't have info about what will be closed for refurb. Does anyone know when they post that? Thanks!

bradk
06-22-2005, 04:47 PM
if it's planned, maybe 2-3 months.

right now, for most of september, you can count HM out since they'll be adding the holiday overlay to it. there's a vicious rumor about POTC going down for a couple of months as well.

experiment626
06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I woudn't expect too many refurbs during the 18 month celebration. Of course there will always be the unexpected breakdowns.

The two you can count on are Haunted Mansion in September (probably right after Labor day) & January (starting monday after New Years) and Small World in October and January (starting monday after New Years)

disney_leonard
06-22-2005, 10:59 PM
Here is the info. from visionsfantastic.com which is usually reliable-

HM Sept. 6 to 30 (for overlay)
Small World Oct. 17 to Nov. 4 (for overlay)

and...

PoC Oct.2 to Dec. 12 (for ???)

Darkbeer
06-23-2005, 05:29 AM
Al Lutz is reporting in his update today that the Pirates refurb has been delayed, and extended....

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al062305a.htm

But now that the Pirates movie franchise has proved to be very lucrative to Burbank and Matt is genuinely excited by many of these new ideas, TDA would like to go for the grand deluxe version of the Pirates refurbishment and really make some noticeable changes to the old ride. And so the eight week rehab has been extended out to almost four months, and it's been moved to the winter and spring of '06 so the newly refreshed Pirates of the Caribbean can debut for the big marketing push already planned for Space Mountain and Tower of Terror.

bradk
06-23-2005, 05:59 AM
well, guess that answers the question as to the 'cosmetic' changes being made.

rentayenta
06-23-2005, 06:20 AM
I am very happy that POTC won't be down during our Dec. trip. My family loves that ride! :D

mancub's mommy
06-23-2005, 07:21 AM
I am very happy that POTC won't be down during our Dec. trip. My family loves that ride! :D

I read Al Lutz's column differently.....I thought he meant that instead of being down for 6 weeks....it will be down for months instead. But that still doesn't answer the question WHEN will it go down?????

rentayenta
06-23-2005, 08:01 AM
I read Al Lutz's column differently.....I thought he meant that instead of being down for 6 weeks....it will be down for months instead. But that still doesn't answer the question WHEN will it go down?????

I think it stated that it would be moved to the winter and spring of '06 and the refurb would go for 4 months longer.

I just know not to visit between the winter and spring of '06. :)

disney_leonard
06-23-2005, 08:12 AM
The release date for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is July 7, 2006. So anticipate the refurb to be completed before then, possibly unveiled with another premier party.

Wendi
06-23-2005, 08:59 AM
This is from www.riderefurbs.com :

Note from the web-master: There is a rumor circulating that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closing this Fall for refurbishment. This has been investigated and as far as sources can tell, is not happening. If information changes, it will be posted here. Please check back regularly.

YIPPEE!!!