PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian room setup

2dawgs3pups
06-22-2005, 02:19 PM
We have stayed at the DLH, and have had a room with 2 queen beds with a daybed. We'd like to stay at the GCH, but we need that daybed, since we have 3 kids.

Can anyone give us some advice about the room setups at GCH?

Thanks!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-22-2005, 02:22 PM
We have stayed at the DLH, and have had a room with 2 queen beds with a daybed. We'd like to stay at the GCH, but we need that daybed, since we have 3 kids.

Can anyone give us some advice about the room setups at GCH?

Thanks!
We had the same room at the GCH-two queen beds and a daybed. I told them two adults and two teenagers and that's what we got. I'm thinking just request it when you make the res.

-TLMt

tlovesdis
06-22-2005, 02:31 PM
We had the same room at the GCH-two queen beds and a daybed. I told them two adults and two teenagers and that's what we got. I'm thinking just request it when you make the res.

-TLMt

So they do have rooms with daybeds? I was under the impression they didn't becasue when we stayed there we had 5 and I asked for that and they told me they did not have rooms like that!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
So they do have rooms with daybeds? I was under the impression they didn't becasue when we stayed there we had 5 and I asked for that and they told me they did not have rooms like that!
We were there in January. Now, granted, our room afforded us a nice view of the parking lot across the street, but we absolutely had a day bed-and linens for it. It was the same set up we get at the Disneyland Hotel.

-TLMt

Wendi
06-22-2005, 03:42 PM
You can request a room with a king bed and bunk beds. The bunk beds have a trundle, so there is a total of three beds for the kids.

06-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Just FYI, floor plans of queen and king rooms (http://disney.go.com/disneymeetings/disneyland/resorts/grandcalifornian-room.html)

TribeFan
06-23-2005, 04:57 AM
A room with 2Q and a day is only available in a standard view (Disneyland Drive). Perhaps (tlovesdis) what the FD meant was that they did not have that type of room in a DTD or pool/park view.

There are VERY few of the QQ day rooms at the hotel and of course.. always subject to availability. The Q and bunk rooms are great as it does have a trundle so a family of 5 can be very comfortable but the bunks are designed for little folks under 5'2" and under 70 pounds.

06-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Doesn't GCH do sleeping bags? I know I saw that on the Travel Channel and it looked like fun.

rentayenta
06-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Doesn't GCH do sleeping bags? I know I saw that on the Travel Channel and it looked like fun.

The rooms with the bunk beds look like fun but if I was shelling out that kind of money and they handed me sleeping bags, I would flip! If I want to sleep in a sleeping bag, I'll go camping for $15 a night not $315 a night.

I really debated staying at the GCH over the PPH in December. The possibilty of not having enough beds is enough to not stay there. :(

CoasterChickie
06-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Yep, we had a choice of a room with a view of DCA but two queen beds and a sleeping bag or a room with a view of Disneyland Drive but two queen beds and a daybed.

The sleeping bag is a cheap thin nylon one that cost them maybe $5.00 at most. The least they could do is give the guests a sleeping pad too. How they can justify charging the same price for the rooms with the same views , but some with a trundle bed and some with a sleeping bag is beyond me!

sleepyjeff
06-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Because they are supposed to be a "re-creation" of the Grand Park Lodges of California.............many of them charge that much and hand you a sleeping bag(Ahwahnnee and Furnace Creek to name a couple) :eek:

...still seams pretty cheesy considering that there are nicer accomodations nearby at half the price(sans the great location, of course ;) )

TribeFan
06-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Actually... they are Eddie Bauer sleeping bags.

CoasterChickie
06-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Actually... they are Eddie Bauer sleeping bags.

LOL

Remind me not to shop at Eddie Bauer!!

LOL

Wendi
06-23-2005, 09:32 AM
In November my niece had a very nice sleeping bag AND a big foam pad under it... maybe they've changed things... she LOVED it, said it was really comfortable.

rentayenta
06-23-2005, 03:02 PM
LOL

Remind me not to shop at Eddie Bauer!!

LOL

Another reason that I adore you. :)

sleepyjeff
06-23-2005, 06:46 PM
In November my niece had a very nice sleeping bag AND a big foam pad under it... maybe they've changed things... she LOVED it, said it was really comfortable.

I LOVE big foam pads.............everyone should go out and buy a big foam pad ;)

CoasterChickie
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I LOVE big foam pads.............everyone should go out and buy a big foam pad ;)

Sleepy Jeff (aka mattress salesman) you're killin' me

I betcha even the Awhanee provides beds for every guest.

I'm gonna call them right now and ask!