PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating for July 17th

T&Rshep
06-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Did anyone else get a call fron Dinsey Dine about priority seating for July 17th? They said that the resevation is not guaranteed for that date. The person giving the message could not explain why in a way that made sense. I thought it had to do with the maximum capacity of the park that day but the lady said no and had a hard time explaining. Anyone else hear about this?

rentayenta
06-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Yes. I was told that reservations for the 17th are not guaranteed in case people don't get into the park.

hlbtimes2
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
There are a couple threads about it at laughing place. There are two things going on. 1)They have canceled the princess breakfast. 2) They are letting people know that just because you have PS for a meal, doesnt mean you are going to get into the park. Go early, stay in the park, show up early for your PS.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Yep, I got my call about a half hour ago. I said "you mean that, if I'm standing a the gate at rope drop and I have my pass in my hand I might not get in?" And she said "well, they're telling us that they can't guarantee it."

If it's THAT crowded I'm not sure I want to be there.

-TLMt

Malcon10t
06-22-2005, 12:50 PM
1)They have canceled the princess breakfast. 2) They are letting people know that just because you have PS for a meal, doesnt mean you are going to get into the park. Go early, stay in the park, show up early for your PS.
To clarify, they haven't cancelled the Princess Breakfast, they have moved it to Goofy's kitchen.

hlbtimes2
06-22-2005, 12:54 PM
To clarify, they haven't cancelled the Princess Breakfast, they have moved it to Goofy's kitchen.

Call it what you want. Goofys always serves breakfast- so its not really moving it. They are moving some princesses over there, but thats all that moving. And, people eating at Goofys risk not getting in to the park that day.

nursemelis374
06-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I see that they called last night, but didn't leave a message. I won't call back if this is all they are saying. We have a reservation at Blue Bayou for 12:30. We are probably going to get there really early and then possibly leave DL at least after lunch. I was thinking of getting there by 6:30 or 7, I just don't think it will close that early.

Malcon10t
06-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Call it what you want. Goofys always serves breakfast- so its not really moving it. They are moving some princesses over there, but thats all that moving. And, people eating at Goofys risk not getting in to the park that day.
Let me clarify what I meant. If you have PS for the Princess Breakfast, your reservations are not cancelled, you now have PS at Goofy's. According to the gentleman I spoke with, the Plaza Inn will be used as a media area. Doesn't sound good, too much like it was the 5th.

rentayenta
06-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Let me clarify what I meant. If you have PS for the Princess Breakfast, your reservations are not cancelled, you now have PS at Goofy's. According to the gentleman I spoke with, the Plaza Inn will be used as a media area. Doesn't sound good, too much like it was the 5th.

Ah, the dreaded media area. Pencil me out if it's going to be anything like May 5th. :(

May 5th was such a cluster! It was handled so poorly.

Niwel
06-22-2005, 01:29 PM
Ah, the dreaded media area. Pencil me out if it's going to be anything like May 5th. :(

So much for my great dinner/fireworks spot ... hope they're all out of there by then...

rentayenta
06-22-2005, 01:30 PM
So much for my great dinner/fireworks spot ... hope they're all out of there by then...

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-22-2005, 02:26 PM

May 5th was such a cluster! It was handled so poorly.
Oh man! I never thought I'd ever say this...but I'm having second thought. Maybe those calls were meant to scare us off? Ease the crowds?

-TLMt