PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash

kohl
06-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I know this has been asked before, but please help this slow person.
We will be in Disneyland July 7 and 8 and was wondering where the best place to be for this show and how early should we be there?
Thank you for your help!

bradk
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
there are 3 designated party zones. i believe they're red, green and blue. you'll see the flags along the parade route with pixar characters and say things like SCREAM and DANCE.

I think the beginning of the parade gets two show stops (Toy Story and Bug's Life) the middle gets just Monsters, Inc. and the last section gets Toy Story and might get Bug's Life as well, not sure.

disney jones
06-22-2005, 09:12 AM
I know this has been asked before, but please help this slow person.
We will be in Disneyland July 7 and 8 and was wondering where the best place to be for this show and how early should we be there?
Thank you for your help!it depends which float you want to see - there's a Toy Story float (our favorite), Monsters Inc. float, and a A Bug's Life float, in that order.

In the Sunshine Plaza area, if the parade continues to keep starting here (i've heard rumors it may reverse and end there):

the top of the Plaza (12 o'clock position facing north) is where the Monsters Inc. float stops. The 9 - 10 o'clock position is where the Toy Story float stops.

I recommend you asking any available CM there where the best place to plant yourself - usually a half-hour beforehand will get you the seat you want.

It also makes two other stops, but i'm not as familiar with them.

And this 'parade' is super!! My girls love it! :cool:

kohl
06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
I will have to ask where the Toy Story float stops. My son is now 7, but still loves Toy Story. He dressed like Woody from the time he was 3 until 4 years old EVERY DAY from his hat to his boots!!!!!!!!!!! I know this has nothing to do with this, but I will never forget this. One night at a restaurant while my son was dressed like Woody, his boot fell off. He went to put it back on and a straw had fallen into it. He said "Look, there's a snake in my boot!" We were all laughing soooooo hard.

bradk
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
it definitely stops at the 3rd party zone (since monsters inc is at the middle and bug's life is at the first). i have a feeling it might also do a show stop at the first zone as well.

disney jones
06-22-2005, 09:20 AM
all three floats stop in all three party zones once. The Toy Story float leads. Bo Peep is on the right side of the procession and Mr. Potato Head walks on the left side for Toy Story if that helps.

and make sure to see the Green Army Men kick it off beforehand by about 15 minutes - they're one of the funniest and best parts of the show!

Mommy2NicknMax
06-22-2005, 09:35 AM
and make sure to see the Green Army Men kick it off beforehand by about 15 minutes - they're one of the funniest and best parts of the show!
This is great advice. I thought they were very funny and loved how they interacted with the kids.

kohl
06-24-2005, 03:38 PM
About how long is the show?

My2kidsrule
06-24-2005, 07:15 PM
If you want the Toy Story float, find the Flik photo mosaic in Sunshine Plaza and stand right in front of it or (even better) across the way from it. There is a lamppost right in the perfect spot for you to be standing right in front of the main Buzz float. We saw it all three days we were there, and it's great. Also, from that spot, your kids can participate twice with the Green Army Men. If you don't know what that's about, I won't spoil it. It's fun for them. Also, that lamppost is a great spot for being pulled out of the crowd to dance with the (forgive me, honey) hot blonde dancer.

It's great fun. You want to get there at least 20-30 minutes early to get right up front, and from the time the Green Army Men start their thing, it's about 40 minutes. The parade stop itself is about 17 minutes. So for the 5:30 p.m. show, we made sure we were there at 5 p.m., the Green Army Men come by around 5:15 or so, the parade starts at 5:30-ish and ends about 5:55 or so.

Hope this helps.

kohl
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the perfect spot! We have reservations at Goofy's Kitchen Thursday night for 5:50pm, so I think we will see the show Friday night. Can't wait!

KeithOfTerror
06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I'd actually advise you to skip this soul-less, corporate facade they're trying to push on us and go ride something at DL instead,

Seriously, did anybody else hate the Block Party as much as me?

IndySpacePirate
06-25-2005, 04:11 PM
I'd actually advise you to skip this soul-less, corporate facade they're trying to push on us and go ride something at DL instead,

I actually liked it but I like that high energy type of stuff anyways. We were standing looking straight at the Sun Fountain with the Golden Gate bridge behind us and I think we got the best spot in the whole parade. We could look left, see the stuff over by the Hollywood Backlot and look right and see the stuff over by the entrance to Condor Flats. Plus the actors we were watching were really good and Mike and Sully were cool as well.

rentayenta
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I will have to ask where the Toy Story float stops. My son is now 7, but still loves Toy Story. He dressed like Woody from the time he was 3 until 4 years old EVERY DAY from his hat to his boots!!!!!!!!!!! I know this has nothing to do with this, but I will never forget this. One night at a restaurant while my son was dressed like Woody, his boot fell off. He went to put it back on and a straw had fallen into it. He said "Look, there's a snake in my boot!" We were all laughing soooooo hard.

That is so cute!

My DS loves Toy Story- he is a Buzz nut! Thanks My2Kids!

My2kidsrule
06-25-2005, 08:05 PM
No prob, Renta!

And here's my costume story: Aidan wore his Buzz costume specifically to go on the Astro Blasters. We went on three times right when the park opened (I earned a score of 810,000 one time!). He had hood, wings, full garb. It ruled. the CMs were totally cool about it.

We get off the third time... "OK, mom, I can take my Buzz uniform off so we can do the rest of the park."

And Keith, I understand your cynicism about the show, but please. Disney is world-famous for contrivances! If the kids smile, it's all good.

Baloo
06-26-2005, 02:30 PM

Great way of ruining something for any exciting family. Everyone has diferent taste and the original poster has children wish would enjoy it much more than yourself. It would have been much better to just not reply.

To the original poster, hope you enjoy the show. it is a high energy parade/show that even people standing away from it start dancing when they hear the music. All three stops have the same show and all have great viewing areas. The first stop is always the busiest. I reccomend the second stop.

Since the floats are huge and the entertainment betwen them take up lots of space the first stop takes up all of sunshine plaza. When the floats come out they move fast to position themselves for the show. The toy story float stops next to the entrance of Condor flats, the monsters float stops right in front of the entrance and the bugs float stops right in front of the hollywood entrance.

After they move to the second stop the first float stops in front of boudin bakery, the second float stops in front of bugs store and the last float stops at the emd of sunshine plaza in front of grizzley waterfalls.

The third stop is in route 66.
The first float stops near the zephyr and the last float in front of golden dreams. I have not seen the last stop so i do not know the actual spots.

Enjoy

stitchlvr
06-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Do the Green army men go to all three parade stops (Sunshine Plaza, Boudin Bakery & Route 66) or are they only in the 1st location (Sunshine Plaza)?

disney jones
06-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Do the Green army men go to all three parade stops (Sunshine Plaza, Boudin Bakery & Route 66) or are they only in the 1st location (Sunshine Plaza)?all 3, proceeding the main parade by about 15 minutes at each stop.

we saw it again Thursday. twice! Love it!!! :D (this was about our 6th time in the last 5 weeks) We even saw the TS float at the first stop, then raced down to PP to see the Monsters Inc. float at the 3rd stop. It's just fun!

stitchlvr
06-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm sure we'll be seeing it more than once as well- my daughter loves all three. I didn't want to miss the Green Army Men though. We'll probably go for a second or third stop since it sounds like it's less crowded there.

cstephens
06-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I noticed today that the orange cone in the tram waiting area near the parking structure and the one over the "A" in front of DCA are now playing a different commercial for Block Party Bash, one that actually includes footage from the show itself, which I thought was cool. The audio also seems to have been turned down, which was really nice, so it doesn't blare at you while you're waiting for a tram.

chepar
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
We found a really good location for the parade right near the gate where all the floats come out of - there's this planter area with a wide ledge on your right (if you face the gate) that was perfect to sit on. Everyone else is sitting on the ground below you, so you have a good view.

We thought that this would also be a perfect spot to view the Electric Parade - so after seeing the Aladdin show, we grabbed a quick meal and made our way back to this exact spot to wait for the parade. We got there about 1.5 hours before the parade started, but it was ok, since our feet were hurting and we could sit and eat our food there.

About 3 minutes before the parade started, a CM started insisting that my family move down the ledge to make room for some people who had just shown up. We moved down the ledge until it started narrowing and sloping downward enough that you couldn't sit. The CM kept insisting that we move down, and even after telling him that we had shown up 1/5 hours earlier just so we could sit on the ledge, he was adamant that we move down. So we ended up standing and leaning against the ledge, rather than sitting.

Maybe it's not such a big deal to have to stand during the parade - it was still a good spot. I guess it just ticked me off that the CMs were allowing people who walked up 3 minutes before the parade started some prime real estate, and my family who had gotten there early enough to get these spots in the first place were bullied out of them by this CM. I don't know why he couldn't have directed these people to the large empty space that we were forced into instead of making us all move over. :mad: