PDA

View Full Version : Flag Retreat at DL?

dra_rosie_k
06-22-2005, 04:34 AM
I know that at WDW there is a Flag Retreat everyday at 5pm. Is there one at DL as well?

My MIL is a WWII veteran and I would love to sign her up for it when we are there in Dec.

Thanks!

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 04:38 AM
There is a Flag Retreat ceremony held every afternoon at the flag pole near the Main Street train station. But the people who perform in the ceremony are cast members (usually from the security department, I believe) and I've never seen them utilize any of the guests from the park. However the National Anthem music does play over the speakers on Main Street and everyone usually places their hands over their heart and stands during the play of the song.

bradk
06-22-2005, 04:38 AM
there is one at DL, but I don't believe there's any sort of participation from veterans like there is at WDW, sorry.

cstephens
06-22-2005, 05:43 AM
I've noticed that flag retreat is now on the schedule on the Disneyland online daily calendar.

Ulysses
06-29-2005, 02:36 AM
The DL flag retreat takes place each afternoon in Town Square and does not involve guests as participants -- except, of course, that guests participate by stopping their shopping or whatever and respectfully saluting the flag. Well, some guests do.

DL Security CMs handle the flag-lowering duties with military precision. Now that it's summer, the All-American College Band plays the national anthem live (except Sunday and Monday, which are their days off).

CMs are supposed to stop and salute the flag. I hate it when I see CMs walking through town square ignoring the flag retreat. I hate it worse when guests complain that they are not being attended to by CMs who are required to stop work and salute the flag.

Shortiemetoo
06-29-2005, 06:49 AM
It is a wonderful site and always brings a few tears to my eyes! I love being there for the flag retreat!!