PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney Princess Castle would you like to see at a Disney Resort?

Pages : [1] 2

Mickey
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
They have Cinderella Castle, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Bell's Castle,
Any princess of your preference?
Any changes in the castles you would like to have?

sdfilmcritic
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
{clears throat}

Correction. Belle's name is spelled with that extra 'e' at the end of her name. And it's Beast's castle and not hers. :|

But I would vote for Beast's castle. It has the really cool library and a full service staff.

blueckles
06-21-2005, 11:29 PM
But I would vote for Beast's castle. It has the really cool library and a full service staff.
How did I know you would say that? ;)

sdfilmcritic
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
How did I know you would say that? ;) :| {Alanis singing} I see right thru-a-hoo you! Do I really wear my preferences and favorite things in life on my sleeve? :eek:

Mickey
06-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Sorry its Belle true, error on the e sorry didin't notice...And the castle at Paris is called, Le Chateu de la Belle au Bois Dormant, but anyway were not talking about Belle, what new disney princess castle would you like to see at a resort?? :|

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 12:04 AM
I think I now have a reason to visit Paris. :p

bradk
06-22-2005, 12:46 AM
that's right, you weren't talking about Belle, you were talking about sleeping beauty's castle :)

which incidentally was actually based on the film's castle (as opposed to real castles like the castles in the US) since it would have been silly to try to make a real castle in europe.

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 12:49 AM
that's right, you weren't talking about Belle, you were talking about sleeping beauty's castle :)It sounds like a War of the Royalties is starting to brew. Shall I get my catapults ready and arm my castle turrets from any retalitation? :p

bradk
06-22-2005, 12:53 AM
if you had a castle, sure.

but Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant roughly translates into The castle of the beauty of the sleeping woods. not sure where the wood comes from, but it's safe to say it's Sleeping Beauty's

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Are you sure it does refer to a beautiful castle in an unkept forest just like Beast's castle? Why would Disney, after all, have the castle for the same princess mirrored at the other resorts? Disneyland has Princess Aurora's castle and WDW has Cinderella.

bradk
06-22-2005, 01:28 AM
you'll have to ask the beloved Michael Eisner for that (the answer might be painfully obvious), but the one at DLP was modeled specifically after the castle in 'Sleeping Beauty.' The ones in the US were not.

I think WDW might be the only place where the English title of the castle actually has a possessive (Cinderella's Castle). In TDL, it's Cinderella Castle. At DLR, DLP and HKDL, it's Sleeping Beauty Castle. if i'm not mistaken.

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 01:36 AM
{sigh} Time they scratch out the Cinderella and Aurora theme and replace them with a Belle and Jasmine theme. :D

millionairegirl
06-22-2005, 06:22 AM
I think it would be really cool if there were a Jasmine castle at a non MK Disney park. Like in an Arabian Nights area of TDS.

PragmaticIdealist
06-22-2005, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't mind Aurora trade spaces with Snow White. The Bavarian-influenced Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland really belongs to her, anyway.

How about a rechristening at the end of the 50th Anniversary celebration to commemorate the beginning of the next fifty years?

Wfoxx
06-22-2005, 06:44 AM
psst SD go check out our Disneyland Paris pics int the lounge. I think it's on page 3 now. It's Sleeping Beauty castle in Paris but, we do have pictures of Beast's castle on Storybook land canal boats and we have 2 pictures of Belle. One of her in her village and another of her in the parade.

infinite
06-22-2005, 06:45 AM
I think it would be really cool if there were a Jasmine castle at a non MK Disney park. Like in an Arabian Nights area of TDS.

Yeah that!

Actually, I think they should have castles built that we are able to stay in. Resort Castles.. No, not just a hotel build like a castle....something grander! Someplace where we are treated like Princesses when we stay in them…and, yes, I mean just us….the other people that didn’t bother to post here don’t get a castle ;)

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 06:50 AM
psst SD go check out our Disneyland Paris pics int the lounge. I think it's on page 3 now.Let's see here..... I've found my new home (http://photobucket.com/albums/b283/WFoxx/Paris%20trip/?action=view&current=DSC01279.jpg), my new village (http://photobucket.com/albums/b283/WFoxx/Paris%20trip/?action=view&current=DSC01294.jpg), and new wife (http://photobucket.com/albums/b283/WFoxx/Paris%20trip/?action=view&current=DSC01336.jpg).

What else could I say? :p ;)

Wfoxx
06-22-2005, 07:13 AM
You need to go to DLP. You would be very happy there. :p

sdfilmcritic
06-22-2005, 07:35 AM
You need to go to DLP. You would be very happy there. :pI'm sure I would. :D Eventually I'll have my chance to visit Europe. I already have a list of which countries I want to visit when I go there.

Family5LovesDisney
06-22-2005, 08:08 AM
you'll have to ask the beloved Michael Eisner for that (the answer might be painfully obvious), but the one at DLP was modeled specifically after the castle in 'Sleeping Beauty.' The ones in the US were not.

I think WDW might be the only place where the English title of the castle actually has a possessive (Cinderella's Castle). In TDL, it's Cinderella Castle. At DLR, DLP and HKDL, it's Sleeping Beauty Castle. if i'm not mistaken.
I don't know.......I think the castle in WDW looks a LOT like Neuschwanstein! Maybe that's why it's my favorite castle to visit over in Germany, even if it's not the oldest! Perhaps Ludwig and Disney would have gotten along well if they had lived in the same era. They were both dreamers!

PragmaticIdealist
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Cinderella Castle and La Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant are decidedly French. Snow White Castle (currently known as "Sleeping Beauty Castle") in Disneyland feels much more German. The reason is because Sleeping Beauty took residence there at the last minute.

The castle rightfully belongs to Snow White. Aurora has her own castle at Disneyland Paris now. She needs to give the place back to the fairest of them all.

Vegitabeta
06-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Sorry its Belle true, error on the e sorry didin't notice...And the castle at Paris is called, Le Chateu de la Belle au Bois Dormant, but anyway were not talking about Belle, what new disney princess castle would you like to see at a resort?? :|

I thought the castle at DLP was Sleeping Beauty's?

mraw
06-22-2005, 01:54 PM
At WDW- The Magic Kingdom's castle is called Cinderella Castle as well, not Cinderella's Castle. It would've been really nice if they'd designed different princess castles for each park. We have two Cinderella Castles and three Sleeping Beauty Castles. A Jasmine Castle would've been nice, along with an Ariel Castle. In her case, they would've had a choice between an "underwater" design or a castle above the ground. An Ariel Castle would be nice at TDS. Do they have a Park icon there (Tokyo Disney Seas)?

arpinl
06-22-2005, 01:57 PM
I thought the castle at DLP was Sleeping Beauty's?

Yes, very much so. Who else would have a dragon in the dungeon and a walk-through in the castle telling the story of Sleeping Beauty? :D

PragmaticIdealist
06-22-2005, 02:25 PM
At WDW- The Magic Kingdom's castle is called Cinderella Castle as well, not Cinderella's Castle. It would've been really nice if they'd designed different princess castles for each park. We have two Cinderella Castles and three Sleeping Beauty Castles. A Jasmine Castle would've been nice, along with an Ariel Castle. In her case, they would've had a choice between an "underwater" design or a castle above the ground. An Ariel Castle would be nice at TDS. Do they have a Park icon there (Tokyo Disney Seas)?

The centerpiece of Disney Seas is Mount Prometheus, an active volcano that erupts nightly.

I, too, have wished Disney would have created unique castles. I understand that Oriental Land Company was wanting to just copy elements from The Magic Kingdoms in existence at that time, but there is absolutely no excuse for Hong Kong Disneyland to have a "Xerox"-ed castle.

I am so glad Eisner is going. Now, we just need to rid ourselves of the Board who kept him in office for so long.

How does the following scenario sound?

... "Snow White Castle" at Disneyland, Los Angeles.
... "Sleeping Beauty Castle" at Disneyland Paris.
... "Cinderella Castle" at, either, Tokyo Disneyland or The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

That leaves an extra Cinderella Castle and the castle in Hong Kong to be re-imagined and renamed for two other Disney heroines or heroes.

... Any suggestions?