PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 50th DVD Boring!

Mickey
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey! Im a big fan of Disney DVD and Music, but I am so sorry to say (without any "fanatic mind" neither "not everything is perfect" perspective) that this DVD is so BORING!
Its the blue DVD that has the new logo with the caracters in front of sleeping beauty castle, the content is so boring I was very DISAPOINTED. (even the 2 "cast members" that take you on the "magical tour" my GOD! It has scenes of the 80's that are non- important) The cost of the dvd is 29.99 (ripoff?)
When I bought it I was kind of excited wondering if it had scenes of the 50th anniversary press event or the MAY 5th opening.It says it has a little of the new Remember DCT, wich is not true.
The bonus features are so worst than I thought!
They are no longer than 5 min, its not that Im asking much to see but I really think they can do better on a "COMMEMORATIVE DVD". This DVD should say, Disneyland: A simple tour guide. Now lets wait for the NEW dvd coming out July 12 !!! hope its a little better.
I guess that with this version of the DISNEYLAND 50TH DVD my "dream did not come true" :(

SoCalDude
06-21-2005, 11:11 PM
LOL - I was juuust about to get it the other day! I passed on it because the CM told me it was basically one big ad for DL.

We had lunch instead with that $30 :fez:

Mickey
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
thats the best thing you have done in your life!!!! LOL!!!!! DONT BUY THAT DVD!!!!

Family5LovesDisney
06-22-2005, 08:14 AM
THANKS FOR THE TIP! I'm sure my husband would have grabbed that DVD but I can now warn him!

TikiGeek
06-22-2005, 08:17 AM
What is on the new DVD that will be out on July 12th?

Dr. G
06-23-2005, 10:19 AM
The DVD before the 50th was a rip off as well. I don't really think Disney has done a good souvenir video since "A Day at Disneyland". I wish they could match that quality again sometime.

For what it's worth, I've found that the best souvenir videos out there right now are fan-made. I purchased several DVDs from RU42 and have been very pleased as far as atmosphere and rides go. I've watched Fantasyland and Frontierland/Critter Country so far and like them. The videos are similar to what you'll see from RU42 on visionsfantastic, but much higher quality than those compressed versions. The ride-throughs are often from multiple angles and the soundtracks are well-chosen.

You'd think with the success (as far as I know) of the 50th Music collection on CD that Disney would see the demand for good park souvenirs (not advertisements, but actual souvenirs) and would jump at the chance to sell high-quality videos with the heart and soul of "A Day at Disneyland".

I wish I could get my $30 back from the Disneyland souvenir DVD we purchased a couple years ago--it's really the only Disneyland purchase I regret ever making (we have not bought a bunch of stuff, but still....). My wallet is ready and willing to purchase audio/video souvenirs, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to buy another DVD at Disneyland, unless I hear A LOT of good buzz beforehand.

SteveK
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Yes, it is a major ripoff and I totally wasted the money on it. I even asked a CM and he said it was great and contained the full new fireworks show. Sadly, I don't even remember them mentioning it but they did hype the new "Fantasy In The Sky" fireworks show. DO NOT waste a penny on this DVD.
-Steve

Lonnyboy
06-23-2005, 01:09 PM
You're totally confused. Secrets, Stories & Magic hasn't been released yet and it only costs $14.00 on amazon.com. By my understanding this is supposed to be VERY different from the usual rah-rah Disney product. Maybe that's why it's such a threat?

cstephens
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
We saw this at the resort yesterday and considered buying it, but the $30 price on a 50 minute DVD seemed awfully high. It did mention the fireworks, but I figured if the entire DVD was only 50 minutes long, it couldn't have that much of the fireworks in it.

fjhuerta
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
The DVD is the biggest rip-off I've ever experienced at a Disney Park. I was expecting some sort of "souvenir postcard", and I got a big infomercial.

WORST of all, I had already seen most of it. In my hotel (Anaheim Hilton) there was this channel where I could see what was new at DL. Yep, you guessed it... they were showing the 50th anniversary video! :eek:

Disney Vault
06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I was going to get this. Thanks for the warning.

disneymeimei
06-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Last night we watched "A day in Disneyland" I think it was made in the late 80's or early 90s and the Disneyland vacation video that came out a couple of years ago. We also have the, I think it's called, Disneyland - the TV series that had the opening day and so forth (it's in a tin case). All of these are fun to watch, see how the park used to look, the fashions, the characters, etc.

I mentioned to the family that when we go in July we would have to get a new one that was updated...I guess we won't be buying this one! Thank you for the heads-up!

MeiMei