PDA

View Full Version : First DL...then WDW!

GRIZZLYHALL
02-04-2002, 03:00 AM
There are now reports that ALL the Country Bear shows would
change to put in a Movie Tie-in if the film is a new success....let's
hope it is not succesful, then!

Why should there NOT be a movie tie in?

1) The whole tie-in thing, especially for Tiki Room, ruins the
original shows

2) Movies should belong in, say, Disney-MGM Studios - So why
not have a stage show, protecting our original?

3) OUR Country Bear Jamboree brings in full capacity guests,
unlike the Country Bear Playhouse did or other attractions
that had movie tie-ins incorporated

4) There are 40 animatronics from the Country Bear Playhouse
that could be used...and there are only 8 bears in the film!

5) Lack of Classics. With Tiki and CoP taken away, Country Bear
Jamboree is one of the only originals left. Taking it away will
surely ruin the Frontierland atmosphere.

Our first step to try to stop Disney is the petition:
Sign the petition at: http://www.petitiononline.com/cbj/

PLEASE SIGN...Anyone who not only likes the Bears, but also Walt himself!

NEXT...WRITE, WRITE, WRITE! I sure will. But at the right time.
Not when it is announced, but not too early. Then they will confirm or deny it...

Many Thanks - and sharpen them claws!

Ursus

(This message is the same to that in WDW Section. It has been posted twice to ensure that not only Disney WORLD fans, but also DisneyLAND fans can help save the country bear shows!)

justagrrl
02-04-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by GRIZZLYHALL

(This message is the same to that in WDW Section. It has been posted twice to ensure that not only Disney WORLD fans, but also DisneyLAND fans can help save the country bear shows!)

Ohhhh...I was going to say...ya know - CBJ is already gone. I was a bit confused.

GRIZZLYHALL
02-04-2002, 06:08 AM
I mean the WDW Version ... for those who miss CBJ in DL, they can save it WDW. :D

Ace
02-04-2002, 12:41 PM
if they change the tiki room.............. I can already tell that Lilo and St-UPID is going to stink more than a sweaty monkey in the desert.... why? because I can.

bluepearl
02-04-2002, 01:52 PM
I most certainly wouldn't want the Tiki Room to be re-done to do a Lilo & Stitch tie-in, but I wouldn't say the movie is stupid. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have a particular taste for the Tiki Room. I appreciate the fact that it was one of Walt's creations and wouldn't want to see another one of them go. But the new movie looks really cute and I wouldn't mind seeing a tie-in elsewhere...perhaps in a stage show or mini-parade of some sort.

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2002, 01:58 PM
I've signed the petition. However, as of this posting, I am 101 on the list. They're going to need a lot more signatures for Disney to sit up and listen to them.
;)

Morrigoon
02-04-2002, 02:01 PM
A Lilo and Stitch Tiki room could not be much worse than the Zazu and Iago takeover thing they did in Florida, could it?

GRIZZLYHALL
02-04-2002, 02:30 PM
The petition started this morning...and will continue thru July. Yes, I know there have to be lots more!!

BELLEH5
02-04-2002, 07:52 PM
What the heck is going on? Now in WDW too:{ Can't they leave the classics alone!!!! I understand the parks must grow and change, but to take away Walt's dreams and ideas is totally not kool!! Leave the Tiki Room alone, just major re-furb it. Lilo & Stich is not even out yet. who knows if it's great or a flop? SAVE THE CLASSICS!!!!

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
A Lilo and Stitch Tiki room could not be much worse than the Zazu and Iago takeover thing they did in Florida, could it?

Yes, but with the WDW Tiki Room rehab we got an awesome animatronic goddess. She was amazing. She moved a lot and was completely hidden from view at first. That was worth it all for me.
:)

Nigel2
02-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
What the heck is going on? Now in WDW too:{ Can't they leave the classics alone!!!! I understand the parks must grow and change, but to take away Walt's dreams and ideas is totally not kool!! Leave the Tiki Room alone, just major re-furb it. Lilo & Stich is not even out yet. who knows if it's great or a flop? SAVE THE CLASSICS!!!!

Ummmm, well odds are they aren't going to change tiki anytime soon since it costs a whole lot of money (the goddes AA rocks, I like their preshow as well:) )

Also you want change but also want to keep the classics? Impossible... thats the problem, an (not necessarly the CB @ WDW) older attraction (show mainly) draws in far less than a new ride (in some cases an hour of the new ride has more people than a day of an old show, but that is rare...)