PDA

View Full Version : Re: Submit your reviews for hotel and restaurants!

Pages : [1] 2

MonorailMan
10-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sheila
Everyone will thank you!

I can name 3 people in Cambodia that will not. ;) :D

Sheila
10-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Besides the joke above ;), it really is a shame when you see a large thread full of good information about a hotel or restaurant disappear within hours off the first page.

Hopefully, if we can amass enough reader opinions about resort hotels and restaurants, it will truly provide a good basis for those planning trips.

Thanks,
Sheila

THE REF
03-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Some good info there indeed. One correction for you though. Under thelink hotels south of the park Garden Grove you have the Hilton Garden Grove Hotel listed when it should be the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.

I asked for info on the Hampton Inn and Suites in Garden Grove such as the area and what eating places are nearby and after nearly 100 views not a single response. Amazing.

Dlandmom
03-22-2004, 03:10 PM
I just tried to submit a review for Taste Pilots Grill and got the following message:

Uh-oh. Something didn't pan out...
Sorry, but we had a problem accessing our database. If you try again
and the problem persists, you may wish to contact us about it.

Failed to read VBulletin file

Sheila
03-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I just tried to submit a review for Taste Pilots Grill and got the following message:

Uh-oh. Something didn't pan out...
Sorry, but we had a problem accessing our database. If you try again
and the problem persists, you may wish to contact us about it.

Failed to read VBulletin file

We're working on it. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get all the systems playing well with each other. (Sort of like my current situation where I'm introducing my new cute-as-a-button puppy to my older dog -- it's keeping me busy. :eek: ;))

Sheila

Dlandmom
03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
We're working on it. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get all the systems playing well with each other.
No sweat...I just wanted to make sure y'all were aware of it! :)

AVP
03-23-2004, 02:44 PM
The review system should be working just swell now - thanks for your patience.

AVP

rlagow
04-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Are the MP guides, which were done by Kevin Yee (who has since moved over to another site a while back) current? I've looked on LaughingPlace.com and MouseInfo.com. LaughingPlace doesn't offer menus, and the menus/prices on MouseInfo are almost a year and a half old. I'm looking specifically for what is open now and what the menus might contain.

Any help would be appreciated!

And btw, our family of four stays at the Marriott behind the Anaheim Convention Center on the Kids Fly Free program with Alaska Airlines (vacation package). Great four star hotel with fast breakfast room service and bus to the park. We love that place!

Thanks
Rich

AVP
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Are the MP guides, which were done by Kevin Yee (who has since moved over to another site a while back) current? Funny you should mention this. The Disneyland Restaurant Resource (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/index.htm) has been updated with new menu info for *much* of Disneyland and DCA. There are still a few locations / menus we need to update, (mostly because the location has been closed on the days we've been out gathering new info)

Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels still need to be updated, and we are working on that. So, it's not perfect, and it's not complete, but it's a start.

Hope this helps.

AVP

CarlieB
05-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Awesome, AVP! Thanks so much for this - it's a very useful resource, especially for those of us who don't get to the parks very often:)

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 03:18 PM
it isnt a disney resort hotel but i recently stayed at the howard jhonson located close to tommorowland side of DL and i wanted to let everyone interested in staying at a good neighbor hotel that this one gives you a pretty good bang for your buck...........nice pool and decent eating and sleeping facilities make it pretty good, plus its failry cheap.

adriennek
05-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Splashmtngurl: If you want to submit your review, please click this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi). Thanks!

Adrienne

splashmtngurl
05-24-2004, 03:22 PM
lol oops guess i missed that, sorry! :)

Jack Skelly
07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Well let me review the Rainforest Cafe in DTD

It was literally worse than cafeteria food, we got much less than 1 1/2 pounds of crab legs which we ordered. My roast was like cardboard and my GF's pasta taste like boxed pasta roni.

Maybe more of a diss than a review but what can I say, I was READY to enjoy the food but it was horrible.

Sheila
07-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Well let me review the Rainforest Cafe in DTD

It was literally worse than cafeteria food, we got much less than 1 1/2 pounds of crab legs which we ordered. My roast was like cardboard and my GF's pasta taste like boxed pasta roni.

Maybe more of a diss than a review but what can I say, I was READY to enjoy the food but it was horrible.

Hi Jack, if you would like to submit your Rainforest Cafe review, please click this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrrfc). Thanks!

Sheila

dldhistory
07-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Here is a list of current menu prices at restaurants in Disneyland:

http://www.dldhistory.com/list.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=60&Sort=Menu&Dir=A

--Richard
http://www.dldhistory.com
The Most Unique Disneyland History Site

disneyhound
08-02-2004, 06:31 PM
My Daughter and I stayed at the Tropicanna in February. Of the four places we have stayed across the street from the park, this was by far the worst, pretty run down room, felt cheep and dirty :crying:

dizkneephan60
08-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel since it has become a La Quinta property. A couple of reviews on Travelocity are favorable though all the Hawtorne are more like horror stories.

If you can help Thanks!! :D

downtownamybrown
08-20-2004, 09:49 AM
I'll be going to Disney in early October. However, the suite I reserved even with my AP discount at Paradise Pier seems a bit higher then those posted in the hotel reviews. Does anyone have a secret for securing a reduced rate?

stan4d_steph
08-20-2004, 09:53 AM
This community is a wonderful place to get information on where to stay or what place to eat, and someone always posts very helpful tips and ideas with reviews of their recommendations.

Unfortunately, your informative responses drop off the radar as soon as the threads fall off the first page.

Keep your information around for ready access by our many visitors by submitting a review in our Hotel & Restaurant Review System (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi). This guarantees that all opinions about a hotel or restaurant will be permanently available for those trying to plan a trip.

So the next time you want to help a poster with some good advice, consider copying and pasting your info and submit it to our Review System as well! Everyone will thank you!

Sheila

CalgonMoment
08-27-2004, 02:10 PM
How can I post a review of an area restaurant? I would like to review Coco's, but there is no listing. thanks

I Heart Disneyland!
09-24-2004, 10:36 PM
My two favorite hotels in Anahaim (also not Disney properties) are Homewood Suites, which has a living room, bedroom and kitchen. The prices are normally very affordable too, I've not paid over $119 a night, and sometimes only $99.00, which isn't bad if you're like me, and want a little nicer but not $300 a night. That includes breakfast in the morning. The living room couch opens to a bed, which can sleep 2 children. There are refrigerators and they are loaded with kitchen equipment, plates, forks, etc. They do have 2 burners, however, I never cook at hotels anyway as I am on VACATION and plan to eat out all of the time (that is part of the fun of vacation!) ....which brings me to food. I LOVE (Sorry this is at Knotts, but, the outside part, so, you don't have to pay to go in the park) the Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It is SOOO good. They have awesome fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and the works. Also, we had good luck at the Ralph Brennan's Louisiana Kitchen (I think that is the name) in DTD. The food was great and on the night we were there, there was live jazz music being played. :D I also enjoyed House of Blues as well. The 2nd hotel we like is the Anaheim Hilton Suites. Same situation as the above listed, as they have a bedroom and living room. Similarly priced, and also breakfast in the morning. No kitchen but a small fridge in the room, which is nice for when you go to the Blue Ribbon bakery before leaving the park, late at night, and you buy goodies for the morning! (YES, Blue Ribbon bakery would be a high FOOD recommendation!!!) :D YUM....I can taste the sticky buns now!!! And I won't even START on the caramel apples with nuts, from the Candy Kitchen! This is an evaluation of a mom whose children are on their own, and it's just me and hubby who go now, so, those with children may find other restaurants better suited for families. The prices at the restaurants in DTD may be kind of high for a whole family, when our kids were smaller, we ate at the burger places IN DL, for burgers and fries, which were also fantastic on the run!

kbanmen
11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I think That DCA (disney california adventure) has the best hamburgers at taste pilots...as for disneyland..the mexican restaurant is fantastic..we eat there all the time

Stupid_American
12-01-2004, 09:21 AM
Within a couple miles of the park is one of the best values in family dining, the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop. It's not Napa Rose, but you can feed yourself for the price of the tip!

For $4.50 to $5.50, you can have a hot lunch, featuring many entrees, plus salad, potatoes and roll. Dinner runs $5.50 to $7.50 for entree, plus soup, salad, potato, roll and dessert.

Their chicken pies are all meat. I think, for 50ยข more, you can even get all white.

Just like Disneyland, next year they will be celebrating their 50th anniversary!

It's located north of I-5, on Euclid (1 off-ramp north of Disneyland), in the strip mall, southeast corner of Euclid and La Palma.

La Palma Chicken Pie Shop
928 N. Euclid, Anaheim
(714) 533-2021

Sheila
12-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the head's up, SA. We've kind of made a decision though to pretty much concentrate on restaurants within the resort or directly adjacent to the park. I think there's one exception in there (Joe's Crab Shack), but if we start adding in area restaurants, the list will become huge! (Sort of like WDW which has a zillion hotels and a zillion restaurants....)

Sheila