bradk
06-21-2005, 09:58 AM
the pilot certificate from piloting the mark twain:
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/562633/7/25709298

the button given to guests during toontown madness:
http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/564800/6/25709462

Hawaiian Cinderella
06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Wow that's cool....something to jot down to get for our next trip...thanks brad!

Disney Vault
06-21-2005, 03:15 PM
You took a lot of great pictures.

Shortiemetoo
06-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Great Pictures...thanks for sharing them!

bradk
06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
well shucks, thanks, i try :)

DonDuck
06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Indeed, great pics, thanks.

BTW, I've always wondered what is the best way to get in the pilot's box? Do you talk with a CM at the dock or rush to the top and hope you're first up and the pilot is willing? We've gone on the Mark Twain only a few times and we always forget about the pilot's box. We usually stay on the bottom, which is usually the least crowded and relaxing.

Thanks.

bradk
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
here's what happened in my case. i got there about 10 minutes before the twain was set to sail. i was waiting around at the dock but before i even bothered to ask any of the CMs, one of the CMs at the dock asked a family if they wanted to help drive the boat, so I lost that chance.

anyway, as the boat was loading, I asked one of the CMs on the dock (he had gotten off the boat in fact, i believe) if I'd be able to ride in the pilot house if I waited for the next boat and he said he would be driving the next one so he'd let me up.

so you either get lucky and be asked, or be lucky to ask first. it seems like they rotate positions, so the best thing to do is probably to ask a CM on the dock when the twain isn't there. chances are one of them will be the pilot of the next one. or if the twain is loading and you don't happen to notice anyone up there, you can ask. never hurts to ask. not that i've made any strange or demanding requests, but i don't think i ever had a single CM say no to me the entire trip. they were all very accomodating and gracious.

DonDuck
06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow, that was a quick response! Thanks for the great advice.