PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to the Knight?

GrimGrinninGhost
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I seem to remember a long time ago, they used to have a knight on the Haunted Mansion that would jump out and scare people. Does anyone else remember it?

Noah
06-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I seem to remember a long time ago, they used to have a knight on the Haunted Mansion that would jump out and scare people. Does anyone else remember it?

Apparently there were a few problems with the Cast Member suited knight.

A: This scared the #($# out of people and caused some people to react in a violent manner towards the cast member.

B: people would mess with the cast member and pull pranks etc. which in turn caused the cast member to activate a stop control from a remote they carried thus halting the ride and lowering hourly capacity.

C: Financial costs for keeping another CM employed as a character in the show.

D: I got most of this information from various haunted mansion sites.

Wiggler
06-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I know it scarred me as a teenager!!!!!! I had rode it many times and that additon was a total shock, and I think I actually screamed. I can see why they removed it!

DisneylandForever
06-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I remember seeing him in the 80's (for DL's 30th I think), but I don't remember him lasting too long. Yep he scared the CRAP out of people. I once shared a doom buggy with 2 other kids (brothers). The knight lunged at us, the little kid started screaming, and the older brother hit the knight. It was kinda funny.