PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Spot

Chris1
06-21-2005, 08:28 AM
I read the review of all of the firework spots at Disneyland done by Mouseplanet. They stated the spot at the top of the stairs near the Railroad on Mainstreet had a very small crowd. This review was done in May. Does anyone know if the crowds in this area have changed? Or is it still really light?

bradk
06-21-2005, 08:33 AM
i'm not clear on this, but the main street station might be occasionally (or always) used by the tours for priority viewing.

even if it's not, i would consider this a premium spot except for the fact that the flag pole is directly in your line of sight.

any place on main street should be fine really. if you arent' at the hub, you'll miss what's projected on the matterhorn, but between trying to get into the hub area and just leisurely watching from mid-way down main street, i found the one on main street to be a better viewing. i got a much better view of tinkerbell and the projections on the castle were much clearer to me.

kohl
06-21-2005, 08:46 AM
We are going for a short trip (July 7 - July 9)(Usually we are there AT LEAST 7 days!)and I was wondering the best spot to view them also.

Chris1
06-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Here is the research. Check out this link.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm

phoenixfire2k5
06-21-2005, 11:50 AM
I read the review of all of the firework spots at Disneyland done by Mouseplanet. They stated the spot at the top of the stairs near the Railroad on Mainstreet had a very small crowd. This review was done in May. Does anyone know if the crowds in this area have changed? Or is it still really light?

It should still be fairly light because the mass would be in the center of the park. Keep in mind, you're missing out on the really good stuff though. Consider this area to be the "nose-bleed" section, without the nose bleed. You can still see the show, but you're really far away. Yes the flagpole is there, but it isn't that bad. They may still have priority seating there, but for this I'm not sure due to it not being the best seat around. It is probably the second best. The biggest advantage to this location, is just a quick dash down the stairs and you beat the crowd out of the park. Worst place to be if you want to go back in after the fireworks are done.

Darkbeer
06-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Worst place to be if you want to go back in after the fireworks are done.

No, it is not... just turn around and board the train, you will get to NOS and Fantasmic! a lot easier and quicker than walking! Or you can take it to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.....:fez:

phoenixfire2k5
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
No, it is not... just turn around and board the train, you will get to NOS and Fantasmic! a lot easier and quicker than walking! Or you can take it to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.....:fez:

But I thought they closed the train for the fireworks? Doesn't that mean you'll be waiting a little while before they get it running again?

Darkbeer
06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
But I thought they closed the train for the fireworks? Doesn't that mean you'll be waiting a little while before they get it running again?

Usually only for a couple of minutes, and you are waiting in a nice calm area, beats being on Main Street and the chaos.:fez:

phoenixfire2k5
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Usually only for a couple of minutes, and you are waiting in a nice calm area, beats being on Main Street and the chaos.:fez:

Yeah thats true. But you're still not in the center where all the best action is. ;)

charpaul
06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
On Sunday night 6/19/05 I was at the MainStreet Station to watch the Fireworks. They last tour of the day has the main area at the front of the platform blocked off with ropes and benches for the tour group to sit. The area to the right (facing the castle) is the best spot available there now.
The trains do "run" during the fireworks. When the middle part of the show starts and we hear the "Train" section they had one train pull up behind us on the platform and blow it's whistle as the one in the show does. It then stayed in place until the end of the show. They used the time to load/unload passengers.

They enforced a "clear path" to the train station so that they still had access for guests.

You can see all the fireworks - but miss out on almost all of the castle lights and effects from there. It was not a bad place to view from - especially since I HAD to leave at the end of fireworks. Got out at the front of the crowd and back to my car in the parking structure by 10:00 PM.

Darkbeer
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Basically trains are held up at the NOS station and not allowed to go any further during the Fireworks (and the Toontown area and station has to be clear) due to fallout. Trains can leave the Tomorrowland station during the Fireworks.

ferliemom
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi,
We were at DLR Monday June 20.
We went to the hub area right after the 7:45 parade and there was hardly a seat left. People were starting to stake them out around 6 p.m. with blankets and such. We found a little spot on the curb for 2 people, and as we waited, more and more folks just packed in. We were just in front of the VIP seating, at the end of the path in front of the castle. The entire street filled up in front of us to sardine levels before it started, and there would be NO WAY you could get through there by 9!
However... this was The Best spot you could hope for, and it was so worth it! I hadn't seen the show and it is simply awesome. The only bummer was that you had to stand because of all the people standing in front of you, and of course there were tons of people shouting "down in front!", etc. Uh, okay. Like when these 14,000 other people all decide to sit down, then I will too.
Anyway, I had heard you could get a great spot as late as 9-- no way yesterday!!!!
But it was great. Well worth the wait!!!!! :)
Kim