PDA

View Full Version : Visited the Resort today

Lost Boy
02-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Yea, I finally made it out for the day. I decided to go into Disneyland to see what was going on. Gee, the Park looks bad with all the green walls up. I have never seen so many attractions closed all at the same time. It is really kind of disturbing. Now if they do beautify the areas that are all boarded up, then that's ok. But with their track record of late, I don't hold out much hope. I went to the Hub at noon and low and behold there were a few Mouse Paders there. And so was Al Lutz, our founder from Mouse Planet. We talked and I shared some stuff with him and he shared stuff with me. All very interesting. I left around 3:30 as I ran out of things to do, the Park was hot and crowded and I was tired. But I also noticed that over at The World of Disney Store the entire section that carried Mickey themed Bathroom stuff, like Mickey Towels, Rugs, soap dishes, and things like that are all gone. Replaced by character sport themed T-Shirts and Sweatshirts. Looked awful. And just when I am getting ready to move and wanted all Mickey stuff in my bathroom, they decide to get rid of it. Now I don't know where to go to find rugs and towels and all that sort of thing that are Mickey Mouse items.
Anyone know of a store that carries Disney themed Bathroom supplies and things?

Techie7
02-04-2002, 12:09 AM
I was looking for similar stuff in the World of Disney Store. I was a little shocked when I walked in and large sections of things were missing. I think you can get some (a very little) through the online Disney store. Otherwise let me know if you find a place. I still wish Disney would put in a Disney Home store like at WDW. Good Stuff

Dreamstaker
02-04-2002, 05:35 AM
I have been (slowly) doing my main bathroom in a POTC type theme. I have sand and shells border I am doing for the base, light blue paint. A Chest for soaps and gels. Sailing ships, a net, sea shells, a jolly roger flag. Need more ideas. I have all the time in the world but limited funds.

mousey_girl
02-04-2002, 06:50 AM
Sears used to carry a Disney line.. I know they have Poohbear, and they used to have Mickey. You may also want to try the Disney catalog. OOO E-bay too!! The often have some good stuff there at discounts.

Dlandmom
02-04-2002, 07:15 AM
I saw that the World of Disney store closed early about a week or two ago. I thought they just moved some stuff around (e.g., the kitchen stuff is now on the end where the plush is). I didn't realize large chunks were gone!

Techie7
02-04-2002, 08:15 AM
When I said large sections were missing, I meant that the bath section was gone and the kitchen stuff was missing (it moved), lastly I could not find any of the Mickey throw blankets. Maybe I just was clueless and missed their new location in my search for the bath stuff.

tabacco
02-04-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Dreamstaker
I have been (slowly) doing my main bathroom in a POTC type theme. I have sand and shells border I am doing for the base, light blue paint. A Chest for soaps and gels. Sailing ships, a net, sea shells, a jolly roger flag. Need more ideas. I have all the time in the world but limited funds.

You need an animatronic figure who'll stand in the shower and say things like: "Arrr, the hot water be runnin' low. Properly warned be ye says I." ;)

Haldwitten
02-04-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by tabacco

You need an animatronic figure who'll stand in the shower and say things like: "Arrr, the hot water be runnin' low. Properly warned be ye says I." ;)

LOL. Oh, that made my day.

Ace
02-04-2002, 01:02 PM
hilarious. I think after he says that he should say yarg yarg yarg for about 20 minutes. just because.

Gemini Cricket
02-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Anyone know of a store that carries Disney themed Bathroom supplies and things?

Didn't MousePlanet do an article about Disney Home? It was supposed to have items that were Disney for your household. Maybe they have these items you're looking for...
:confused:

Cadaverous Pallor
02-04-2002, 02:19 PM
I read the article, and the stores are actually Disney Kid and Home stores......they complained that all that was there was for children's bedrooms.

Dreamstaker
02-04-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by tabacco

ha, just as long as he doesn't say "we wants the red head"