PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland's VMK booth now open in Tomorrowland

Darkbeer
06-20-2005, 06:00 PM
The place to get FREE in-park quests is up and running, check out the photo album with comments for more info...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/607014

GOOD LUCK!:fez:

ToursbabeC3po
06-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Darkbeer can you explain what the whole quest thing is? I am so lost!!! Is it something my kids would like or is an adult thingy?
Thanks
Tours

Darkbeer
06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
The quests (currently 2 out of 10 are available), I scanned the 2 current ones to give folks a flavor of the game, it has about 6 questions you need to answer, they are kid friendly....

Check the photo album to read the actual quests...

SCUBAbe
06-20-2005, 06:39 PM
and they are very wasy on grading. they let us scratch off the right answer when we had it wrong...:)

Disneyland
06-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Very cool. Going to have to try that next time I'm at the park.

ToursbabeC3po
06-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks!

jennia
06-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Do you have to return the quest the same day you get it? We'll be at DLR this week but with one of my son's friends who has never been there. It would be great it we could pick it up and then drop it off on a future visit. Does anyone know?

ETA- now that I read darkbeer's photo caption my guess is that you can bring it back any time... but can anyone confirm that since i already asked?

Darkbeer
06-20-2005, 08:07 PM
No, you can save them and turn them in later..... And if you don't get them all right, you get the prizes you earned, and go back and get the additional prizes once you get the right answers.....

I would turn them in that day, and then work on the ones you got wrong on the next visit....

BQ2
06-23-2005, 04:52 AM
The place to get FREE in-park quests is up and running, check out the photo album with comments for more info...

Thanks for the news DB I am planning to go to DLR on 06/28/05 try my luck on the quests :D

jennia
06-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Thank you!! DS had a great time with this. We had one of his friends with us that doesn't go to the park often so we didn't drop everything and complete the quests but the kids had a great time.

We also learned at the VMK kiosk that if you create your VMK character *AT* Disneyland they give you special goodies.

We visited Wednesday and the Fantasyland Quest was also available. DS is looking forward to getting the rest of the Quests. Innoventions had at least 2 areas devoted to VMK (one with seats :D ) and they were both fairly full of people playing VMK. Looks like VMK is going to be a hit for Disney.

tbminnie
06-23-2005, 08:13 AM
That looks like fun! I can't wait to try it. Disney comes up with some of the greatest ideas! :fez:

SteveK
06-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Are there variations on the questions for each quest? I was told you could take multiple sets of questions and if they're all the same, why not just scratch all the answers off on one set to find the right ones and then scratch off the correct answers on a new set? Takes the fun out of it but it would be an easy way to get it done quickly and correctly.
-Steve

jennia
06-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Are there variations on the questions for each quest?
-Steve

We got three copies (DS, his friend and me) all three of the 3 different (land) quests were identical (Fantastyland all 3 copies were the same, etc.) Is that sort of clear? So there's nothing to stop you from using one correct Quest to complete others but the prize for ecompleting one Quest is simply a green wristband and the brochure says you can only get one every three months (the CM said once every 30 days though.) All of the other prizes are virtual goodies for the VMK game.

maryxmas
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/607014

I hadn't heard of this before. Seems like a fun game to play along with your day at the park... keeps you looking out for things. Definately a good family type game.

The "prizes" look corny though. From what I can tell from your pics, there is virtual furniture, I assume for some virtual house on a website as part of the game. Do you fill each room with themed furniture from different lands or something? Obviously this isn't something you play for the prizes, but more for the fun.

jennia
06-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Your VMK character will have its own room. The furniture you get as prizes goes into your room in the VMK game. The pins you win are worn by your VMK character. I just traded my special Disneyland T-shirts to my son so he can have them since he actually PLAYS the game. :D

AlbertaMinnie
06-24-2005, 05:03 AM
I've never heard heard of vmk before.......I may be living under a rock. Can we log on from home or just in the park? Is there a link somewhere that I can read about how this works? I've searched on the Disneyland website and there is nothing there???????? :confused:

Tutter
06-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Is it better to wait until you go to Disneyland to create your VMK character? Do you do it at that stall? ie if I turn up and say I am not registered on the site, will the nice CM say, "no problem do it here and now" and help me through it?

jennia
06-24-2005, 06:46 AM
I've never heard heard of vmk before.......I may be living under a rock. Can we log on from home or just in the park? Is there a link somewhere that I can read about how this works?

It is fairly new, in fact they are still Beta testing. I read about it in a Jim Hill article a while back and kept checking back at the VMK website because I knew my son would LOVE VMK.

The website is here (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=VMKHomePage)

Have fun!

jennia
06-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Is it better to wait until you go to Disneyland to create your VMK character? Do you do it at that stall? ie if I turn up and say I am not registered on the site, will the nice CM say, "no problem do it here and now" and help me through it?

If you wait until you go to Disneyland, your character will show that it was "born" at Disneyland. In addition to that you get bonus points (200 as I recall), mickey ears, special tennis shoes and some special Disneyland shirts. If you are going to the park soon, you may want to wait...... if you aren't going to the park soon you may want to register now. If you do register now you can also register again at Disneyland as long as you have access to 2 different email addresses.

The VMK area at Innoventions (right next to the elevator) was staffed when we were there a few days ago. There were 1-2 CMs walking around and actively helping the guests get signed on, start accounts, etc, etc. The second VMK area (had recently been changed from a Western motif area with games to a VMK area with cacti and saddles, etc) didn't appear to have CMs assisting with VMK but there were also VERY few people at that VMK area. All the normal disclaimers here- this was what we saw a few days ago and of course is subject to change :D However, I bet they will continue to have CMs helping out in the VMK area. The area seemed to be quite busy and lots of people were getting help from the CMs. (Very helpful CMs when we visited too! :D )

AlbertaMinnie
06-24-2005, 08:21 AM
It is fairly new, in fact they are still Beta testing. I read about it in a Jim Hill article a while back and kept checking back at the VMK website because I knew my son would LOVE VMK.

The website is here (http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=VMKHomePage)

Have fun!

Thank you! My kids will LOVE this! (ok, me too!)