PDA

View Full Version : Riverfront for Fantasmic

kohl
06-20-2005, 05:47 PM
I am so excited! I called today and they still had seats for July 8 for Fantasmic. They were sold out of Balcony (I figured they would be). What should we expect from it. Do we need to arrive early for the seats. My husband is nervous we won't be able to sit together. It is my 2 kids, my mom and my husband and me. We are going to the 9pm show. I can't wait! :D

bradk
06-20-2005, 05:57 PM
riverside is first come, first seated. so you might want to check in about an hour before (or whenever they let you start checking in). you shouldn't have a problem sitting together per se. it allows for a lot more people than the balcony does and i don't think i've ever heard of it filling up.

Malcon10t
06-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I am so excited! I called today and they still had seats for July 8 for Fantasmic. They were sold out of Balcony (I figured they would be). What should we expect from it. Do we need to arrive early for the seats. My husband is nervous we won't be able to sit together. It is my 2 kids, my mom and my husband and me. We are going to the 9pm show. I can't wait! :D

You will get to sit together. You need to check in about 8pm with the hostess (usually Bora), then they will start seating about 8:30. Bora and crew will work with people to make sure everyone gets to sit with their party. It is a blast! Enjoy!! I called and got seating for July 20th today. When I called it was 2 mins after eight and they only had 4 balconey seats left. (I prefer River seats.) The girl kept going "Are you sure you don't want balcony? I am holding them..." I said No, so she released them.

sierranevada
06-20-2005, 05:58 PM
It's great! You get a wonderful dessert buffet and your choice of drinks. They have chocolate dipped strawberries, large shortbread cookies filled with raspberry and dipped in white chocolate that had been tinted lavender with small gold stars on it, a coconut macaroon, biscotti and a Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate with Mickey's face drawn on it in White Chocolate! They also have mini M&M's and sprinkles on for the kids. You should have no problem seating together. Riverfront check in is one hour before the show. One person needs to bring the tickets to check in. You will then come back in 30 minutes when they will actually begin seating guests in the order that they checked in.

Enjoy!

lauramaynot
06-20-2005, 08:37 PM
It's great! You get a wonderful dessert buffet and your choice of drinks. They have chocolate dipped strawberries, large shortbread cookies filled with raspberry and dipped in white chocolate that had been tinted lavender with small gold stars on it, a coconut macaroon, biscotti and a Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate with Mickey's face drawn on it in White Chocolate! They also have mini M&M's and sprinkles on for the kids. You should have no problem seating together. Riverfront check in is one hour before the show. One person needs to bring the tickets to check in. You will then come back in 30 minutes when they will actually begin seating guests in the order that they checked in.

Enjoy!

Yeah we loved it too. Of course we did the 10:30 show and our kids who are early birds were losing the battle with the sandman. But they sure enjoyed the treats we took home with us the next morning for breakfast. I would suggest taking a ziplock because you will want to taste EVERYTHING but not necessarily finish it. Have fun!

phoenixfire2k5
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
riverside is first come, first seated. so you might want to check in about an hour before (or whenever they let you start checking in). you shouldn't have a problem sitting together per se. it allows for a lot more people than the balcony does and i don't think i've ever heard of it filling up.

I used to think that the best seat for Fantasmic was near the river, but it is not. For one, you have to sit and have the railings in front of you, so its somewhat obstructed. And second, you're gonna get sprayed with that pond water and that ain't pleasant. IMO, the best spot, is on the bridge above the entrance to Pirates. An unobstructed view and you don't get wet. The only downfall is, that you have to stand the entire time. But you can at least sit there until showtime. And for previous fireworks shows, it was another good spot to see the fireworks as well. Just not the current ones. If you go to the "Haunted Mansion/New Orleans Square side" of the bridge, that is, the end closest to New Orleans Square, look towards the river, or towards the mill on the island. Notice the lightposts directly in front of you. If I am picturing correctly in my mind (because its been a while since I've done this), you will want to be between the first and second lightposts going up the bridge TOWARDS Adventurland (thats where I'm kinda doubtful - cause it might be the second and third, but likely the first and second ones). There is a red-dish leaf tree near the bridge, just make sure that it doesn't block your view. (It's not a very big one.) Looking down towards the river and the entrance to Pirates, if the Pirates entrance is towards your right, youre in the right area. If you're in this "best spot", there should be some brick seats/planters directly below you. Any further questions, feel free to ask me.

Malcon10t
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I used to think that the best seat for Fantasmic was near the river, but it is not. For one, you have to sit and have the railings in front of you, so its somewhat obstructed. And second, you're gonna get sprayed with that pond water and that ain't pleasant. IMO, the best spot, is on the bridge above the entrance to Pirates.

Actually, we are discussing the premium seating on the river as opposed to the balcony seating. I prefer the River seating because I am with several teens and a service dog. It gives us more room to move around and the view is great. You aren't directly on the river, but one sidewalk away. Its a great spot. If I was doing it with a significant other, I would probably want to try the balcony. But, with 11 of us on the 20th, it will be best on the ground.

phoenixfire2k5
06-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Actually, we are discussing the premium seating on the river as opposed to the balcony seating. I prefer the River seating because I am with several teens and a service dog. It gives us more room to move around and the view is great. You aren't directly on the river, but one sidewalk away. Its a great spot. If I was doing it with a significant other, I would probably want to try the balcony. But, with 11 of us on the 20th, it will be best on the ground.

Ah, gotcha. My apologies for my confusion. Happens often. (blonde, lol!) But other than that, the spot I mentioned is a good spot that can't afford priority seating.

Family5LovesDisney
06-21-2005, 03:03 AM
I am doing the river seating this Sunday night. I will let you know how it goes. The Balcony was sold out when I called. I have NEVER seen this show before (not at MGM either.........usually we have the kids along with us and they can't make it out this late) so I am very excited!

kohl
06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
This is the first time for us staying up that late with the kids. My mom also doesn't stay up too late. I thought 9pm wasn't too late and I know we will want to see the new fireworks show after. I just have to make sure the adults have our caffine late afternoon! :D

Family5LovesDisney
06-21-2005, 04:04 PM
This is the first time for us staying up that late with the kids. My mom also doesn't stay up too late. I thought 9pm wasn't too late and I know we will want to see the new fireworks show after. I just have to make sure the adults have our caffine late afternoon! :D It will be nice that your kids and your Mom will have a place to sit. Trying to stake out a good spot and wait for hours with tried children wouldn't be any fun. I'm sure they will love the treats too! Yes......lots of caffeine for Mom! ;)

Malcon10t
06-21-2005, 04:38 PM
This is the first time for us staying up that late with the kids. My mom also doesn't stay up too late. I thought 9pm wasn't too late and I know we will want to see the new fireworks show after. I just have to make sure the adults have our caffine late afternoon! :D

Does anyone know what the viewing of the fireworks is like from this location? I've done the Believes from the River and they were good, but not sure how Remember would go over from here.

Family5LovesDisney
06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know what the viewing of the fireworks is like from this location? I've done the Believes from the River and they were good, but not sure how Remember would go over from here. I have been reading here on the WeB Site that it isn't too good. I was disappointed to find that out. Somewhere on this web site, there is a big article about view points from several different locations.....including this one.