PDA

View Full Version : July 17th

Pages : [1] 2

smomo78
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
My friends and I will be going on the 17th and I have a couple of questions. How early should we get in line? What time do you think the park will reach capacity? and if we leave to go to DCA or back to our hotel, what time will the park start to clear out? Thanks for your thoughts.

Arnie
06-20-2005, 03:07 PM
My friends and I will be going on the 17th and I have a couple of questions. How early should we get in line? What time do you think the park will reach capacity? and if we leave to go to DCA or back to our hotel, what time will the park start to clear out? Thanks for your thoughts.

When/If you get in on the 17th I would not leave the park to go to DCA or back to the hotel, there is a good chance you won't get back in. Most estimates have the park reaching capacity at 10 or 11 in the morning, but there is really no telling for sure untill the day of. I don't think you need to camp out but getting in line 30 minutes or so before opening is not a bad idea.

MartyLuvsTigger
06-20-2005, 03:18 PM
That is why my pal and I are going July 18th. ;)

Darkbeer
06-20-2005, 03:26 PM
That is why my pal and I are going July 18th. ;)

Hey, someone who is going to celebrate the REAL DL Birthday, the day the park opened to the public....:fez:

MartyLuvsTigger
06-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Our logic was "the day all those people won't be at the park" ;)

rentayenta
06-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Our logic was "the day all those people won't be at the park" ;)

We'll be there too! :D The 19th will be our last day and I'm sure it will seem empty compared to the weekend. I'm so excited!!!!

LOYL2DZNY
06-21-2005, 07:40 AM
we'll be there the 18th thru the 22nd...a whole 5 days!!! i hope the crowds aren't too bad. see some of you there!

stinkerbell
06-21-2005, 09:02 AM
We'll be there the 15th through the 19th, just to irritate Martyluvstigger. :D

I'm nervous about the 17th though. Our plan is to stay all day, get a big locker, and just deal. ;) Big crowds, long lines, heat, expensive (and cruddy) food, warm water bottles....and I'm so excited!! What does that say about me?? :D

We do have reservations at Blue Bayou mid-day on the 17th, so that'll be a nice sit-down meal in the cook darkness.....it will be a good break.

As for how long we'll be in line??? I'm not sure. Early, I'm guessing.

nursemelis374
06-21-2005, 09:26 AM
We also have reservations for lunch at Blue Bayou. I am still unsure as to what time to arrive in the morning though.

MartyLuvsTigger
06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
We'll be there the 15th through the 19th, just to irritate Martyluvstigger. :D
;) Good luck, We are going to be at club 33 for lunch, and the Napa Rose for dinner. nothing is going to irritate me :D

**and yes I am going this friday..but only to club 33. Don't hate me cause I'm a brat ;) **

experiment626
06-21-2005, 04:41 PM
We will go over to get in line by 7am then not leaving until park close.

We will be there the 16th & 18th too.

cstephens
06-21-2005, 05:55 PM
I have a dining PS in the park on the 17th, and I got a voicemail message today from Disney Dining confirming my reservation but also telling me that since it will be DL's birthday, they expect it to be busy, and that having a PS does not guarantee admission into the park, so they suggest arriving early.

Opus1guy
06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
For any dining at Club 33 on July 17th, I was told that the Complimentary Park-Hopper tickets with the "Club 33" printed on them, will assure your entry into Disneyland at anytime, even if normal turnstile admissions are on "hold" due to capacity.

So there should be no sweat for those folks.

OregonGary
06-22-2005, 09:40 AM
We have 2 different dining reservations in DL for the 17th and received a phone call yesterday confirming them. I was also told that park admission could not be guaranteed just because we had the reservations. I told this person that we planned on getting in line really early. She informed me that the decision had just been made to not allow people to camp out all night in line to get in, but the decision had not yet been made as to when they would allow the line to start forming.

stinkerbell
06-22-2005, 09:52 AM
;) Good luck, We are going to be at club 33 for lunch, and the Napa Rose for dinner. nothing is going to irritate me :D

**and yes I am going this friday..but only to club 33. Don't hate me cause I'm a brat ;) **

Have fun on Friday!!! :D BRAT!!!

sriggins
06-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I'll be in town the 13th - 20th.

Are we doing a mousepad get together on some day?

As for the 17th, I plan to be there EARLY heh. Not sure where we'll park at 5am or 4am or whatever.

Malcon10t
06-22-2005, 10:41 AM
We have 2 different dining reservations in DL for the 17th and received a phone call yesterday confirming them. I was also told that park admission could not be guaranteed just because we had the reservations. I told this person that we planned on getting in line really early. She informed me that the decision had just been made to not allow people to camp out all night in line to get in, but the decision had not yet been made as to when they would allow the line to start forming.
I received the same call this morning. I asked about the "camping out". They stated (like they did May 5th) that no one would be allowed to wait on Disney property before 6am. But, May 5th, people were there much earlier.

Also, people signed up for the 50th Celebration package are guarenteed entry as long as they arrive prior to 10am.

kbanmen
06-22-2005, 10:49 AM
from my experience of working at DCA graveyard shift on the 4th,I saw guests start to line up at 2 AM.. to get in at 8 AM.. I think the 17th will be alot busier, so we expect guest to line up very very early in the am hours

Niwel
06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll be there bright and early with my coffee :) Thank goodness for HoJos ... this is one of the few times I won't need to get into mickey & friends.

millionairegirl
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
How early will Mickey and Friends open? I may just have my patient and wonderful DH drop us off at 6:00 am.

Malcon10t
06-22-2005, 11:49 AM
How early will Mickey and Friends open? I may just have my patient and wonderful DH drop us off at 6:00 am.
I've been told both 6am and 7am.

MartyLuvsTigger
06-22-2005, 12:54 PM
For any dining at Club 33 on July 17th, I was told that the Complimentary Park-Hopper tickets with the "Club 33" printed on them, will assure your entry into Disneyland at anytime, even if normal turnstile admissions are on "hold" due to capacity.

So there should be no sweat for those folks.

Its members only dining for July 17th . My pal and I love all thing disney but we are not camping out or getting there at 2AM. :|

That is why we will be there July 18th. Hopefully I will bump into some fellow padders :D

**stinkerbell-- :p :D ***

MontanaKC
06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
The one who has to explain to all the other people, being told that Disneyland is at capacity, why he's letting this one group of people in.

Hoo boy, talk about riot potential....

experiment626
06-22-2005, 06:38 PM
If the Fire Marshall closes the gates NO ONE not even Walt Disney would be allowed in the park.

HskrShelby
06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Mark me down for lunch at BB on the 17th also. :D

I haven't figured out what time I'm heading over to the gate...mainly because I don't want to think about waking up that early! It won't be the middle of the night though. Early, but not THAT early.