PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Facts at the resort

lauramaynot
06-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone.
I found previous threads about this subject but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get ahold of the nutrition facts for foods at the resort. There was suggestion that you could get a list of them from City Hall. Has this been confirmed? I have started Weight Watchers and I am excited to be able to eat pretty much anything (compared to lowcarb - which I have done at the park) but I would like to accurately count my points at home. Thankfully we are just going for a day trip this month and I won't have total temptation until our longer trip planned in september when I'm sure I'll have better handle on the program.

Shortiemetoo
06-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Don't have the nutritional info but there are a lot of point friendly foods at Disneyland...whitewater snacks has a great grilled chicken sandwhich; most of the restaurants have a selection of different types of salads and pasta with marinara sauce at Pizza Port in tomorrow land with a salad can be a good choice too...I can't remember how many points a cup of pasta is but its not too bad!!
Good luck!!! I will be looking to see if someone posts more info...
I just started South Beach and will be in phase two...this will be a lot harder than WW I think...

hlbtimes2
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Dont stress over it to much. The great thing about WW is they give you the tools you need. You can easily estimate what you are eating, and there are healthy choices available. There are fruit carts through out the park for a quick snack. Most are going to cost you 1-2 points. Get a chicken sandwich- break it down ingredient by ingredient- bun? 3-4 points chicken? 3-5 points Veggies? free Mayo? skip it (or count a point or two). Mustard? free. Have pasta with red sauce. Pasta is about 4 points per cup (watch serving sizes!), red sauce (stay away from white or cheese sauce) with out meat is 2-4 points per cup, add a 3-4 points for some meat.

If you want a better idea of what your choices will be go to www.dhresortinfo.com There is a pretty complete list of menus.

mmurray54
06-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I haven't called them yet but this is what the Disneyland Resort sent back to me when I asked them for nutrition info:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Disneyland Resort.

For questions regarding accommodations for special dietary needs while at the Disneyland Resort Theme Parks, including product availability, preparation methods, and ingredient lists please contact The Chef at 714-781-3569. The Chef may not be available to answer all calls immediately, however, he/she will answer all messages left on voice mail.

For the Disneyland Resort Hotels, please contact The Chef's Office at 714-956-6719.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort soon and trust your visit will be pleasant in all regards.

millionairegirl
06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
I had some of the no sugar added Butter Pecan at DCA's Burrrbank Ice Cream, and it was fabulous! Still a treat, but maybe not as bad of a treat. Especially since I just had one scoop in a regular cone (versus the waffle cones or mondo sundaes).

When did Disney switch to Dryer's Ice Cream? I thought it was Nestle?

docsprincess
06-20-2005, 01:09 PM
I tried to link you posted here....(disney resort info) and it won't work? Is there another link with menus?

Thanks!
Heather :-)
6 days to Disney

tinkluver
06-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Try this one (http://www.dlresortinfo.com/index.html)
I think this is what hlbtimes2 was trying to refer to
:)

hlbtimes2
06-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Oppps! Got an H in there rather then an L. LOL

CrazyTrain
06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
The Plaza Inn has FABULOUS salads!!! And great ranch (fork dipped, of course! ;))

Borgnineus
06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
who would let their child eat that crap any way? no thanks. only organic goodneess for mine.

rentayenta
06-20-2005, 08:08 PM
who would let their child eat that crap any way? no thanks. only organic goodneess for mine.

What crap? :confused:

Thanks for the link Tink! My kids are trying the Blue Bayou and Ariel's for the first time in July. :)

lauramaynot
06-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I am sure that I will be able to find something on every menu that will work especially with a few special requests. I am going to ask for a nutrition facts booklet or whatever at city hall. I will let anyone who is interested in my results know. :p I will be at the park on Wednesday and hopefully back to the boards thursday or friday.

Borgnineus
06-20-2005, 08:17 PM
What crap? :confused:

Thanks for the link Tink! My kids are trying the Blue Bayou and Ariel's for the first time in July. :)

oh renta, i never want to get into it with you. you are as cute as they come. as a lifetime californian, i am totally organic. the young ones have never tasted anything but.

rentayenta
06-20-2005, 08:22 PM
oh renta, i never want to get into it with you. you are as cute as they come. as a lifetime californian, i am totally organic. the young ones have never tasted anything but.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were referring to a particular food or restaurant. I was a lifelong Californian for 24 years but I still love junk sometimes! ;)

Borgnineus
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Gotcha. I wasn't sure if you were referring to a particular food or restaurant. I was a lifelong Californian for 24 years but I still love junk sometimes! ;)

hehe.. ya, 35 years here. I must admit it sometimes shows. I make all of the snacks at home, no churros for the kids although some would frown at that idea. My kids dont mind, i give them healthy alternatives.

P.S. are you catching any of the u2 tour?

rentayenta
06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
P.S. are you catching any of the u2 tour?

Yes, I am! They are coming to SLC on Dec. 17th. DH and I got killer seats. Did you see them?

We do have organic eggs. Our organic chickens lay them. :)

tinkluver
06-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Welcome! :geek:
I'm sure your kids will love them! Those happen to be my two favorites! They're a must everytime we go! :D

GrumpyUTboi
06-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Had a couple of friends that their parents would not let them have that "crap", now as adults they are fat and eating that "crap" as much as they can. We have that "crap" in our household and our neighbors do not have that "crap" and guess what? Every time the kids come over they want all of that "crap", but we do not let them have it because we respect parents wishes, but I am sure that my kids sneak that "crap" to them.

hlbtimes2
06-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Had a couple of friends that their parents would not let them have that "crap", now as adults they are fat and eating that "crap" as much as they can. We have that "crap" in our household and our neighbors do not have that "crap" and guess what? Every time the kids come over they want all of that "crap", but we do not let them have it because we respect parents wishes, but I am sure that my kids sneak that "crap" to them.

Yep, I've seen the same thing in more then one family. My kids get crap. They also get healthy food. Everything in moderation.

kohl
06-21-2005, 08:58 AM
It is so funny because when we were there in April, we went with a family the whole week in Disneyland. All our kids ate whatever they wanted. They didn't always ask for "crap" either. Also, there were times on this trip that the 5 kids sat at a table by themselves. I could not believe how well behaved they all were the WHOLE time on the trip. On the last day, another family was meeting us there at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. I was laughing because the 2nd family wouldn't let their kids eat Goofy's P.B. and Jelly pizza. They had to eat "other food" first. Well, the 2nd family's kids were the wildest ones at the table and when it came time for dessert, those were the kids who made the largest ice cream sundae with more toppings than anyone could eat. :eek: It was a mess at the table.
Anyway, the next night when we got home I asked my kids what they wanted for dinner. All my son wanted for dinner was an apple! :D

lauramaynot
06-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok anyone who may be interested. City Hall does NOT have any form of nutrition fact list. But I did ok - just asked for no cheese or mayo. oh and for anyone who may have been here last week, Madame Leota was floating again.