PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Jacket opinions

percytheguineapig
06-20-2005, 09:58 AM
I've seen this $210 jacket advertised on DisneyDirect, but have not actually seen one in person at Disneyland or the World of Disney store.

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=11864&Product_Id=181873

Has anybody out there seen one of these jackets or even bought one? If so, how do you like it? How does it compare with that other 50th anniversary jacket - the $385 varsity-style one (besides being $175 cheaper).

Thanks for any help / information you might have on the subject.

Circarama
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
I own it. The embroidery onn the back is well done and the patches of the original are done in felt. Very retro. My only complaint is the quality of the leather that is used in the jacket. Although it is very pliable, it doesn't smell vey much like a new leather jacket. In fact, if it didn't say it was leather, I would swear that it's pleather(plastic leather).
But, I wore mine this weekend on a trip to Yosemite and I was very comfortable in it. I'd recommend buying it, especially for the price!

percytheguineapig
06-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I own it. The embroidery onn the back is well done and the patches of the original are done in felt. Very retro. My only complaint is the quality of the leather that is used in the jacket. Although it is very pliable, it doesn't smell vey much like a new leather jacket. In fact, if it didn't say it was leather, I would swear that it's pleather(plastic leather).
But, I wore mine this weekend on a trip to Yosemite and I was very comfortable in it. I'd recommend buying it, especially for the price!

Thanks alot for the insight. I really appreciate it.

cstephens
06-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I've seen this $210 jacket advertised on DisneyDirect, but have not actually seen one in person at Disneyland or the World of Disney store.

http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=11864&Product_Id=181873

FYI, that jacket is not available at Disneyland or WoD. It's only available through DisneyDirect.com at the moment.