PDA

View Full Version : 50th Gold Ears for Kids?

Disneyscapes
06-20-2005, 09:25 AM
does anyone know if the 50th Gold Ears will be / are available in kid sizes? I was at the park in June and they only had adult sizes and Mad Hatter CM mentioned that they only came in adult sizes at the time.

M

bradk
06-20-2005, 09:28 AM
that doesn't sound right. they may have been out of stock on them, but they definitely make them. the kids sizes tend to sell out faster.

my only advice is to check other shops around the resort, such as the world of disney store in the DTD area. they can't embroider, but if you bring it to either greetings in dca (they sell the hats too, so check there as well) or mad hatter/hatmosphere with your receipt, they'll embroider it free of charge there.

lauramaynot
06-20-2005, 09:35 AM
does anyone know if the 50th Gold Ears will be / are available in kid sizes? I was at the park in June and they only had adult sizes and Mad Hatter CM mentioned that they only came in adult sizes at the time.

M

They definately make them. My kids got them back in March.

miss bianca
06-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Brad I love your photo under your name! Did you take that?

bradk
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
thanks, i did. :)

Disneyscapes
06-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks all. I'm up in NorCal, so I'll have to wait until December our next scheduled trip). Unless they sell (with embroidery) via mailorder or ecommerce?

Mike

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-20-2005, 12:47 PM

M

We got the kids ears in March the day they came out. Youth sizes were available so they just must have been sold out.

bradk
06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
they'll sell them mail order i'm sure, but probably not embroidered. you should consider placing an order with a park shopping service like mouseshoppe.com which will do all that for you.

Mark Mywords
06-20-2005, 02:17 PM

M

I read somewhere (can't remember on which Disney fan site)that they're so popular that Disneyland is having big problems keeping the kid sizes of the golden ears in stock. If I remember correctly, this same source stated thathe park is so desperate to get them back on the shelves QUICK that they've even resorted to having boxes shipped via passenger plane and then delivered to the park to save time.

munchkinsmom0003
06-20-2005, 03:00 PM
I read somewhere (can't remember on which Disney fan site)that they're so popular that Disneyland is having big problems keeping the kid sizes of the golden ears in stock. If I remember correctly, this same source stated thathe park is so desperate to get them back on the shelves QUICK that they've even resorted to having boxes shipped via passenger plane and then delivered to the park to save time.

You read it here! :)

I started a similar thread a while back about DLR running out of kid-sized Gold Ears the last time we were at the resort. We're heading back up this weekend, so I hope they'll have more in stock.

Here's the link:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42432

bradk
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
someone reported WDW is out of the hats completely until 7/5. not sure how accurate that is tho.