PDA

View Full Version : My First AP Day, Taking Ideas

MonorailMan
02-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Ok, that day is just around the corner (March 20th), and I'm thinking of things to do that day, I allrady have a temp Itenitary But Need Ideas To Fill In The Blanks!

9:00, Get There, Buy AP
9:30-12:30, Process AP
12:31-7:59, Blank :D
8:00 Leave

Any Ideas?

MickeyD
02-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Well, if there is something that you never take the time to do when you buy a one day passport, do that. Just go slowly wander around and notice things.

LightGuy20
02-03-2002, 08:00 PM
12:30-7:59: constantly going in and out of the main gate at each park. First DL, then DCA, then DL, then DCA. Just so you get the most use out of your passport. It's the passport scanning attraction. :)

MonorailMan
02-03-2002, 08:03 PM
I think I'll do a BLAST! and A Millionaire, goota drop on CS, then Hop over and do a SM followed by a trip to TSI (Never Been There), then a relaxing cruise.

But Thoes are just Ideas, I should have the whole thing dome by March the 3rd (A Month Away)

Ace
02-03-2002, 08:16 PM
umm......... right. I have so many sarcastic things to say.... but I won't. But remember...I could've!! MUAAHAHAHAH

Rallymonkey23
02-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I would say that if you don't do anything else(yeah right)

GO SEE BLAST!!

Enough said.

MonorailMan
02-03-2002, 08:18 PM
I like sarcastic posts, post away! :D

MonorailMan
02-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Ok Here It Is So Far:

12:31-3:59, Blank
4:00-5:00, BLAST!
5:15-6:15, Millionaire
6:16-7:59, Blank
8:00, Leave

Keep 'em Coming! :D

MammaSilva
02-03-2002, 08:31 PM
personally I would stroll the park and not worry about rides since it isn't a "rush to get your moneys worth" for a whole year! then I'd go over to DCA and see Blast, stroll thru DCA, catch soaring.. see Blast again, catch millionaire, then head back over to Disneyland and ride the train around from Main St full circle just knowing you are now an AP holder :)

Ace
02-03-2002, 08:31 PM
don't worry about it. just go there... and deal with the harsh reality of making choices for yourself. knock 'em dead, buddy. show them that you have your own brain, and it.......FUNCTIONS!!!http://members.aol.com/PoeSpecs/brain.jpg

MonorailMan
02-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
personally I would stroll the park and not worry about rides since it isn't a "rush to get your moneys worth" for a whole year! then I'd go over to DCA and see Blast, stroll thru DCA, catch soaring.. see Blast again, catch millionaire, then head back over to Disneyland and ride the train around from Main St full circle just knowing you are now an AP holder :)

Not a bad idea! I'm scrapping the idea, Ill just play it by ear.

I do want to see BLAST! and Millionaire and CS though :)

BELLEH5
02-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Just walk around DL to take it all in. You have an AP now:) Do whatever!!! Don't plan anything. Just have fun and makesure you see the favorites a dozen times!!!(POTC,SM,HM,JC etc...)

bluepearl
02-03-2002, 10:03 PM
Not sure how things will pan out in a month...but you might want to look into catching BLAST! at around 3PM or the 5:15PM show. Will you be taking a trip down to It's Tough to Be a Bug? I took my cousins there on their first trip to the park and have come to the conclusion that it's hilarious to take first-timers there (though I'm sure you've already been to the park, I just like going in if I've got nothing else planned). Otherwise, I say, relax, enjoy, and spend your time leisurely! Don't rush; you'll have plenty of time to do everything again!

Uncle Dick
02-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Ok Here It Is So Far:

12:31-3:59, Blank
4:00-5:00, BLAST!
5:15-6:15, Millionaire
6:16-7:59, Blank
8:00, Leave

Keep 'em Coming! :D

Three hours to process your AP?? :eek: When I bought mine back in August, it took about five minutes. Anyway, I'd agree with suggestion to take it all slow. It's easy to get so excited and just try to do everything the first day, but you should relax now. See some of the longer attactions like Mr. Lincoln and the Tiki Room. Heck, visit Innoventions. There's some fun stuff to do in there if you look around enough.

socabch
02-04-2002, 07:05 AM
re: Three hours to process your AP??

It was taking that long during the Holidays. Just like you, when I got mine in July it took a few minutes.

Good news MonorailMan,
I was there yesterday and the line to get your picture taken & processed (Pavilion) was not long at all. In fact a CM told they might be able to go back to doing everyting at the Main Street Bank like they used to. The rush has slowed down. Remember, refer to your other thread, get you pass at DTD ticket booth. March 20th is a Wednesday so it should be painless.

I agree with take your time on your first day. Do the things you plan to do and let the rest be fate. It is so nice to able to go and not rush.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Ah, MonorailMan, to paraphrase Darth Vader: Mousepad has taught you well, but you are not an APer yet. :cool:

Being an APer is all about kicking back! This is your new place to go when you have nothing to do....when you get a craving for a churro.....when you feel like having a dinner in the happiest place on earth.

My advice - no plans, no requirements.....walk slowly and read out of the way signs.....check out refurb areas......and hit up whatever you feel like doing at the time.

Oh, and see BLAST! ;)

Techie7
02-04-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
walk slowly and read out of the way signs.....check out refurb areas

"Reamain seated with hands inside at all times"
"Cast Members Only"
"Churro $2.50"
You can mix them too.... "This attraction is closed please enjoy out other attractions"

J/K I agree with everything said so far. Enjoy the fact that for the most part you will almost never wait in line again. Stop and watch some of the street groups on main street, sit and people watch, memorize Believe, buy a honorary guest nametag and help people find attractions that think your a cast member. Enjoy the magic and the look on peoples faces who are in attendance for the first time. Stand next to the matterhorn and learn some Spanish. Along the same line learn to say "It's a small world after all in every language the attraction has." You will love having the AP. I know I do.

Dlandmom
02-04-2002, 09:11 PM
I don't think it'll take you anywhere near 3 hours to process your AP, especially since it's Wednesday, and you're going first thing in the morning. That said, leave that block of time unscheduled...just walk around and do whatever comes to mind at the time. You'll love not having to run around to catch very ride or show in one day!

disneynut
02-04-2002, 10:10 PM
I love people watching when I go. Another thing we like doing now that they have the 2-park pass is taking the kids to the challenge trail thing in DCA. Prior to the 2-park pass I just couldn't see spending 43 bucks for them to climb ropes. Now we spend alot, alot , alot of time there.

MonorailMan
02-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by disneynut
I love people watching when I go. Another thing we like doing now that they have the 2-park pass is taking the kids to the challenge trail thing in DCA. Prior to the 2-park pass I just couldn't see spending 43 bucks for them to climb ropes. Now we spend alot, alot , alot of time there.

I love to watch people also, I also like standing in line (GASP! :D), because there's always someone to talk to. I especally want to do pin trading full force, I've always liked pin trading, just not enough time. :D

BTW, love that avatar!

DJ_MENTOS
02-05-2002, 08:17 PM
This is what I've noticed... go to the 1st showing of Blast! At 1:00PM... the reason is that this is the performer's first show of the day and they have so much energy. You can see how their energy lessens a little bit as each show goes on.
Also see if you can get a FastPass for Millionaire at 2:00PM, so that you can go there right after Blast!

jslivinski
02-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Whatever you do take your time and enjoy the day. When things get busy ad Disneyland go visit DCA for a while It's good to plan your day, but don't be obsesive about it.:)

Matterhorn Fan
02-28-2002, 03:04 PM
MonorailMan, you going to DL and not riding the Monorail would be like me going to DL and not riding the Matterhorn. Go for the obvious as well as the out-of-the way stuff everyone else mentioned.

Dlandmom
02-28-2002, 08:54 PM
I can't wait to read your report!