PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience exiting park

capst
06-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Friday night we staked out tables at the River Belle to watch Fantasmic. Just before the show, a friendly cast member shouted out to everyone that the only way to exit the patio at the end of the show was to go north to Frontierland.

At the end of the show, we walked north as told. Reaching Frontierland, the cast members there had Frontierland blocked and, strangely, were shouting "exit thru Frontierland," and waving us up Big Thunder Trail to Fantasyland.

Of course, we reached Fantasyland just as the fireworks started and that exit was blocked, both thru the castle and east of the castle. We continued around the Matterhorn and cut back between Buzz and the Matterhorn to come to the very small passageway thru the hub and the only place to go was...you guessed it...back to Frontierland.

When we tried to take the path just inside the gate to cut over to Adventureland and a CM posted there tried to stop us because they were only allowing people to come thru from Adventureland to Frontierland. The CM was being confronted by an angry mob (there were 10 tired people in my group and some others) and he gave up and let us through. The Fireworks was ending about this time, anyway.

I realize there are big crowds in the hub for the fireworks and that crowd control is a major issue, but it seems their method for the night was to keep people walking in circles. I had little kids and an 80 year old who had to take a nitro pill after all the walking.

I was not pleased.

Niwel
06-19-2005, 08:18 PM
a friendly cast member shouted out to everyone that the only way to exit the patio at the end of the show was to go north to Frontierland.

That is so strange -- from what I could tell, Frontierland has been used as an "in" from the hub, and Adventureland is the "out." Looks like they've either changed it or you were talking to some CMs who were misinformed.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Friday night we staked out tables at the River Belle to watch Fantasmic. Just before the show, a friendly cast member shouted out to everyone that the only way to exit the patio at the end of the show was to go north to Frontierland.

At the end of the show, we walked north as told. Reaching Frontierland, the cast members there had Frontierland blocked and, strangely, were shouting "exit thru Frontierland," and waving us up Big Thunder Trail to Fantasyland.

Of course, we reached Fantasyland just as the fireworks started and that exit was blocked, both thru the castle and east of the castle. We continued around the Matterhorn and cut back between Buzz and the Matterhorn to come to the very small passageway thru the hub and the only place to go was...you guessed it...back to Frontierland.

When we tried to take the path just inside the gate to cut over to Adventureland and a CM posted there tried to stop us because they were only allowing people to come thru from Adventureland to Frontierland. The CM was being confronted by an angry mob (there were 10 tired people in my group and some others) and he gave up and let us through. The Fireworks was ending about this time, anyway.

I realize there are big crowds in the hub for the fireworks and that crowd control is a major issue, but it seems their method for the night was to keep people walking in circles. I had little kids and an 80 year old who had to take a nitro pill after all the walking.

I was not pleased.

I remember on May 5th after the fireworks, we were trying to head over to ROA to see the 2nd showing of Fantasmic! I felt like I was in a herd of cattle, people were mooing, it was nuts!! The first Fantasmic show was letting out and those people were trying to leave through the entrance in to Frontierland and we were trying, among the other 1000s of people, trying to get in, they were telling everyone to stay to the right, it was just insane. They really need some kind of a plan, that works, for crowd control with these shows. I don't know what it is, but I do know that what they were doing then, and obviously when you were there, is not working.

SCUBAbe
06-19-2005, 08:27 PM
after the fireworks it was crazy on saturday night. I headed towards tomorrow land to avoid fantasmic, but everyone else went there to exit via the monorail. I just went to the train depot to hang until it quited down then we went out via main street since the train never showed up. Tmorrowland was set up sop to the left was for people walking in and to the right was for people walking out.

disney jones
06-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Friday night we staked out tables at the River Belle to watch Fantasmic. Just before the show, a friendly cast member shouted out to everyone that the only way to exit the patio at the end of the show was to go north to Frontierland.we were sitting very near you, also in the RBT and heard the CM say this.

yes, Friday was very crowded. and we've been there about four times after the fireworks have ended and it is crazy.

MyBeast
06-19-2005, 09:03 PM
Ugh should have seen it Thursday - grad night so the park closed at 9.... the last trams to the parking structure stopped at 10... so tons of people all boarding the trams at once...(If ya didn't make it you would have had to walk the 1/2 mile to the structure) we get to the structure and get ready to leave... drive around to the exit VERY Slowly and find that they blocked it off... then drive half way around and then SIT in the car for 30 minutes before they exited us off the entrance ramps... I think some sort of accident happened. It was not fun.