PDA

View Full Version : How much does Disneyland make

Disney Vault
06-19-2005, 11:56 AM
How much money do you think Disneyland makes in a year? I saw this posted on another site and I thought it was very interesting. Since they have to spend so much to keep the place in good shape and maintaining the rides. Are the parks big money makers for the Disney company?

disneyfand
06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
I was wondering something similar... I wonder what the percentage break-down is between admission / food & bev / souviners (sp)???

hlbtimes2
06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
No idea how much they make, but they have some even bigger expenses then keeping the place up- insurance has to be huge, and I know the fireworks are very spendy. Payroll, benefits and taxes are also huge.

splashmtngurl
06-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Well they must make alot if they are paying for all the upkeep, staff, supplies, firworks, insurence, etc. but i'm curios as to how much profit they make..... :confused:

SpaceMTJunkie
06-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Theme parks revenue soared 26 percent to 2.10 billion dollars, as increased guest spending and hotel occupancy at Walt Disney World and the consolidation of Euro Disney and Hong Kong Disneyland drove the improvement. Profit in the division increased three percent to 193 million dollars.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/050511/33/4cop.html

This shows all parks, not just Disneyland. At least it gives you some idea.

Disney Vault
06-19-2005, 04:26 PM
but i'm curios as to how much profit they make..... :confused:
Thats what I was wondering. But it would also be interesting to see how much Disneyland costs to run.