PDA

View Full Version : "Disneyland" at Montclair Plaza

PragmaticIdealist
06-19-2005, 04:09 AM
Does anyone other than me remember The Disney Store and Mickey's Kitchen at Montclair Plaza in Montclair, California?

That was really the next best thing to being at Disneyland.

Both the shop and the restaurant seemed huge particularly because they occupied the same space and were part of a split-level design. The entrance from the mall had a giant clear-span opening that was situated at the bottom of one of the sets of escalators, and the look was very dramatic. The restaurant, itself, was divided into four different rooms or "sets" for "Winnie the Pooh"; "Lady and the Tramp"; "Alice in Wonderland"; and "Duck Tales". And, there was even a frozen yogurt bar.

The "Winnie the Pooh" set was my favorite because of the way the lights filtered through the trees.

I loved that place, and I am sorry that it is gone.

Opus1guy
06-19-2005, 09:42 AM
I remember it well.

KarenW2
06-19-2005, 11:04 AM
That Disney Store was one of the "test" stores for that kind of set-up when Disney Stores first opened. I remember it very well, since I lived in that area and shopped at that mall from the day it opened!! I also remember the sad day when apparrently the "test" failed and they down-sized it into a much smaller store. Haven't been back in that area in ages tho.