PDA

View Full Version : Rod Miller [when will he return?] [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

h_lehmann
06-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Has Rod Miller returned since his leave for surgery? If not, does anyone know when he's scheduled to return to work?

Shortiemetoo
06-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I hope he is there in July!! I have my fingers crossed...I love listening to him play!!!

TikiGeek
06-19-2005, 06:47 AM
We've heard that he will be back on or near July 1st. We were hoping he would be back sooner because we really miss him. :crying: We're just hoping that he comes back! Disneyland is not the same without him.

RStar
06-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I agree!

Shortiemetoo
06-19-2005, 09:10 AM
We've heard that he will be back on or near July 1st. We were hoping he would be back sooner because we really miss him. :crying: We're just hoping that he comes back! Disneyland is not the same without him.

Definately!!!! I love the picture I have with Rod...and I love his button, that shows him now...and when he was young...so cool!!!

TikiGeek
06-20-2005, 07:21 AM
I think Alan Thompson has been working the piano on the weekends. He can probably give an accurate update on Rod's return. :)

Nancy
06-22-2005, 08:10 AM
I think Alan Thompson has been working the piano on the weekends. He can probably give an accurate update on Rod's return. :)

As of June 22, does anyone have an update on Rod Millers return???????? :)

tinkluver
09-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi, I'm headed to DL soon (I can't wait !!!! :D ) but was wondering if Rod Miller is indeed back or what?
Thanks! :)
sorry if this has already been discussed here else where

JeffG
09-07-2005, 07:49 AM
As of this last weekend, he still hadn't returned.

-Jeff

cstephens
09-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Last time we spoke to him, he wasn't expected back until at least October, possibly later.

disneyperson
09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
One of his good friends and regular groupies was behind us in line on the 17th. She told us it will be quite a while before he comes back.He did go to DL on the 16th as a guest to take part in the fesivities and watch the fireworks. He had more than one surgery. She told us he was hoping to be back by the holidays. I sure hope so. Main street just isn't the same without him.

potzbie
09-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I like Rod.

But I can appreciate Alan, too.
Certainly, Alan puts in more hours than the other subs.

And, to tell the truth, I like Johnny better than Alan.

I once heard Johnny play a boogie woogie that sounded so, so familiar.
When Johnny was finished, I asked Johnny what the name of the song was, and Johnny said that it had no name. It was just a series of boogie woogie riffs that he put together.

I thought that was so cool. -- He doesn't have to play a song from memory, but just riff on the chops has has under his belt!
Far out!

Don't under-estimate Johnny!

disneyperson
09-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I like all the piano guys. We listened to Alan for a long time on August 28. He even did a ragtime version of Grim Grinning Ghosts in honor of Batsday. He also did something I've never seen any of them do before. He asked if anyone in our group played, when we told him yes and pointed at the pianist in our midst, Alan stood up and offered him the piano. Our friend, who often plays in the lobby of the theatre I work for, played a lovely piece and received much applause.
Johnny is a lot of fun to listen to too.
I appreciate all the wonderfully talented piano men. I just miss Rod. When he retires for good,he'll take a chunk of Disneyland history with him.

Nancy
09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
We were there last week (Aug. 28- Sept.2) and I heard several different stories on if indeed Rod Miller was returning at all. So I think only Rod Miller himself knows for sure. I'l keep my fingers crossed. :D

leotatoombs
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Has anyone heard anything about Rod? I was wondering if there was any talk about when he will be back at the piano at refreshment corner? :)

disneyperson
09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Rod had multiple surgeries over the spring and summer. I really hope he will be able to come back, but I'm beginning to think he will retire. I love all the piano guys, but Rod is the heart of that place. And for me, he always will be. I miss him.

leotatoombs
09-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Rod had multiple surgeries over the spring and summer. I really hope he will be able to come back, but I'm beginning to think he will retire. I love all the piano guys, but Rod is the heart of that place. And for me, he always will be. I miss him.I miss him too! he has introduced me to so many friends & fun people I miss hangin out with him at the park.I hope he maybe can come back for some of the 50th anniversary celebration! I have noticed, Rod last time that He would not play some of my favorite songs he used to play. I wonder is it to much for him anymore. I think he's about 58 or 59?

disneyperson
09-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I think he's older than that .

leotatoombs
09-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I think he's older than that .I don't think he is over 60. when I met him in 1986 I asked & he told me he was thirty nine. I used to hang out with him & others from dland CM's & AP's we would go shopping to movies etc. I figured that would make him about 59. People I think see him as older because of the way he looks and or stands/walks. i don't know if this has anything to do with recent surgeries.I do know that rod was in a bad car accident when he was young & it almost ripped him in half he's lucky they were able to save him! It was really bad & that's why he walks sort of hunched over a little. also he has always had trouble with his hands getting worse

Noah
10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Hello,
If there are any people out there who know how Rod is doing or if he will be back, please share this info. It has been awhile since there was any concrete information regarding his recovery and well being.
Get well soon Rod!

RobRoz
10-22-2005, 02:02 PM
is Rod Miller back yet ?

stan4d_steph
10-22-2005, 02:37 PM
is Rod Miller back yet ?He wasn't there last weekend.

Bruce Bergman
10-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Rod is going to be a while longer before he can return - November, maybe. Think good thoughts. :fez: He had three surgeries to relieve a pinched nerve for his right leg, and the leg is slowly getting better - nerves heal slowly and refuse to be rushed.

You are perceptive, LeotaToombs - Rod had a back fusion when he was young (and at that time it was experimental surgery) and this was one of the nerves snaking through the bones down there. The doctors said at the time that he'd never walk again, and as usual they were proven wrong. ;)

The arms sound just fine when I'm talking to him and he's keeping in practice. But the leg can't go for too long at a playing session, and the sustain pedal is rather important...

And to stave off the complainers: Yes, he's fine with releasing general information with some discretion. And no, I am not selling maps to his house. But I can pass on messages, and I let him know everyone's been anxious for him to get back.

--<< Bruce >>--

Nancy
10-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Rod is going to be a while longer before he can return - November, maybe. Think good thoughts. :fez: He had three surgeries to relieve a pinched nerve for his right leg, and the leg is slowly getting better - nerves heal slowly and refuse to be rushed.

You are perceptive, LeotaToombs - Rod had a back fusion when he was young (and at that time it was experimental surgery) and this was one of the nerves snaking through the bones down there. The doctors said at the time that he'd never walk again, and as usual they were proven wrong. ;)

The arms sound just fine when I'm talking to him and he's keeping in practice. But the leg can't go for too long at a playing session, and the sustain pedal is rather important...

And to stave off the complainers: Yes, he's fine with releasing general information with some discretion. And no, I am not selling maps to his house. But I can pass on messages, and I let him know everyone's been anxious for him to get back.

--<< Bruce >>--

Please tell him how much he is missed, this thread has been around since June!! We can't wait to see him back at his piano at Coke Corner!!! When he does return, he'll be mobbed! Disney should make a party of it, the locals will come out in swarms:)

potzbie
10-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Watch for the newest piano player, "Eric."

Alan and Johnny, I assume, are still putting in full shifts for most days. Right?