PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic/Fireworks Reserved Seating

Pages : [1] 2

srfantasmic
06-17-2005, 04:06 PM
What are my options for reserved seating for Fantasmic or Remember...fireworks show?

And how long in advance do I have to reserve?

thanks!

infinite
06-17-2005, 04:09 PM
You are in luck my friend, I wrote Dinsey with that same question...here was what they had to say about that!

Fantasmic!
On the Rivers of America, Mickey and friends fight a nighttime battle
against Disney's most villainous Characters. The music, pyrotechnics,
stunts, water-bound floats, and laser-projected images keep you
spellbound. You can now watch Fantasmic! from two special seating areas
where the view is as spectacular as the show!

Fantasmic! Balcony Viewing
Reserved patio seating upstairs at Disney Gallery includes a dessert
buffet.
$53.00 All ages

Fantasmic! Premium Viewing
Seat with premium viewing along with a dessert buffet.

$53.00 Adults
$43.00 Children (ages 3-9)

They didn't say when I could reserve, however a very kind person on these boards told me 30 days!

bradk
06-17-2005, 04:11 PM
there's plenty of additional information on the board regarding the fantasmic options. the only way to get reserved seating for the fireworks is to take the 50th anniversary tour (last one of the day).

arpinl
06-17-2005, 04:15 PM
What are my options for reserved seating for Fantasmic or Remember...fireworks show?

And how long in advance do I have to reserve?

thanks!

With the new 50th tour (which is actually called 'From Imagination to Celebration...,' or something very similar), if you book the last tour of the day--on a day when the fireworks are scheduled--you get reserved seating for Remember... Your seating is at the top of the train station at the end of Main Street, and I would say it's a very good view; better for getting the full effect of all that's going on in the sky (i.e. than sitting in the hub). You can also see Tinker Bell, as well as the lasers and some castle and Matterhorn projections (depending on how good your eyesight is). The drawback is having the flagpole in the middle of your line of sight.

The tour costs $55 and can be booked 30 days in advance. You will get priority entrance to several attractions, as well as a snack (water, a *Magic Wishing Apple*, a chocolate chip cookie, and chips) and the promise of a commemorative E-Ticket book and a pin in the mail.

Shortiemetoo
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM
When I called this morning the recording said you could make fantasmic reservations exactly 30 days out from the date you want. I could book the 15th of July today but if I wanted to book a later date I had to call back tomorrow...at least that is what they told me!! :D

Malcon10t
06-17-2005, 05:11 PM
When I called this morning the recording said you could make fantasmic reservations exactly 30 days out from the date you want. I could book the 15th of July today but if I wanted to book a later date I had to call back tomorrow...at least that is what they told me!! :D

This morning I booked our seats for the 17th. Was the first to book the River seating for the 1130 show. Now, the girl first thought I wanted the balcony (I have 4 teens and a dog, I don't want the balcony!) I dialed at 7:59:50, and the first phone I was dialing on got thru (the other one immediately got a busy.) The gal came on the phone within 20 seconds. All balcony seating was already booked except for 5 seats on the 9:00 am show. I prefer the River and wanted the River, so I got my first choice. Good luck getting what you want!

Pookie
06-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Balcony viewing is great! We did this last year. Last year we reserved for the early show and was able to sit on the balcony for the fireworks. You get both shows for one price.

bradk
06-17-2005, 11:05 PM
i most definitely wouldn't recommend viewing the current fireworks show from the balcony unless you have the opportunity to see the fireworks again from main street

infinite
06-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Do you call the same number you would for dining reservations, or a different number?

bradk
06-18-2005, 06:51 AM
it's not the same as dining. the number is actually ticketing at 714-781-4400.

phones open at 8 am PST and, as mentioned, start selling for 30 days out.

by the way, balcony is first call, first seated (starting at front center) with a seating capacity of about 20 people, but there really aren't any bad seats. sometimes when it's full, it's even more advantageous to be in the second row since you don't have to worry about climbing over people to hit the buffet table.

riverside is first come, first seated, so getting on the phone right away isn't as important. it can also seat about 50 people and it appears to rarely even approach that number, let alone sell out.

infinite
06-18-2005, 07:28 AM
it's not the same as dining. the number is actually ticketing at 714-781-4400.

by the way, balcony is first call, first seated (starting at front center) with a seating capacity of about 20 people, but there really aren't any bad seats. sometimes when it's full, it's even more advantageous to be in the second row since you don't have to worry about climbing over people to hit the buffet table.

riverside is first come, first seated, so getting on the phone right away isn't as important. it can also seat about 50 people and it appears to rarely even approach that number, let alone sell out.

Thank you.

phoenixfire2k5
06-18-2005, 10:23 AM
there's plenty of additional information on the board regarding the fantasmic options. the only way to get reserved seating for the fireworks is to take the 50th anniversary tour (last one of the day).

LOL! OMG! I love that picture. Had to save it.

JeffG
06-18-2005, 11:26 AM

It is a good idea to call a couple days earlier to verify what day tickets will go on sale for the day you want to visit. When I purchased tickets for a visit last month, I found that they were actually selling them 31 days in advance instead of 30, which meant I started calling a day late (fortunately, I was still able to get tickets for the 2nd day of our visit).

by the way, balcony is first call, first seated (starting at front center) with a seating capacity of about 20 people

I'm not sure if this is still true either. When I ordered the tickets, I was told that I was purchasing the last 4 tickets for that showing. We were actually the 2nd party that they seated, though, and received front row seats. I'm pretty sure we were the 2nd party that checked in, so it appeared to me that was the order they assigned the seats that night.

-Jeff

bradk
06-18-2005, 12:09 PM
when are your reservations for?

when i reserved, i wasn't able to 'confirm' where i was going to be seated, all the guy told me was i was the first, so i should be in front row, but he didn't seem to be aware of actual seating arrangements.

also, if you were the second and got the last bunch of seats, that would mean the first party was around 15 people, so that might have something to do with it, since seating is actually not so much as a linear thing, but a grouping thing. maybe with a party that large, they're just grouping people differently, but it would make sense to do 8 & 8 and then 2 & 2 for your party. but again, i'm not clear if they would already have the seating planned out at the time of calling.

that is a very good tip about calling a few days ahead just to be sure. i believe i've seen you mention it before and i ought have mentioned it myself. when you do that though, make sure you do it later in the day, not when the lines first open.

JeffG
06-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Our reservations were for the second show on June 4th (two weeks ago).

-Jeff

bradk
06-18-2005, 04:46 PM
so how were the groups laid out then? out of curiosity

Disneyfamily3
06-18-2005, 08:13 PM
We just got back and did a 9pm Fantasmic show on Mon. They seat you in the order of ticket purchasing(up in the balcony). We had a group of six and were the last ones seated,it sat about 20 people and no matter where you are it is a perfect view. I stood up to video the entire show. The CM's are all very nice and helpful,we had our 4 yr old there and she kept dropping the fork and before we had it picked up they were handing her a new one.

Niwel
06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
I just booked for the july 17 Fantasmic Dessert Buffet -- 11:30 p.m. showing, premium seating (near the river). I've seen Fantasmic before but have never done the buffet, so I thought I would treat myself. I called about 15 minutes ago. Balcony is sold out for the 11:30 show, they still have 17 seats available by the river. There was a spot available at the balcony at 10:30, but I've seen the madness getting in and out of that area after the fireworks and I would rather not get involved in it. The woman told me i could pick up my tickets the day before, which is great timewise than having to get them on the 17th.

rentayenta
06-22-2005, 01:28 PM
I just booked for the july 17 Fantasmic Dessert Buffet -- 11:30 p.m. showing, premium seating (near the river). I've seen Fantasmic before but have never done the buffet, so I thought I would treat myself. I called about 15 minutes ago. Balcony is sold out for the 11:30 show, they still have 17 seats available by the river. There was a spot available at the balcony at 10:30, but I've seen the madness getting in and out of that area after the fireworks and I would rather not get involved in it. The woman told me i could pick up my tickets the day before, which is great timewise than having to get them on the 17th.

<----------------envious!

If it wouldn't cost me $200, I'd be right there with you. :)

Niwel
06-22-2005, 01:31 PM
<----------------envious!
If it wouldn't cost me $200, I'd be right there with you. :)

you're with me in spirit -- but my guess is you'll all be back at Hojo's totally wiped out. ;)

rentayenta
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
you're with me in spirit -- but my guess is you'll all be back at Hojo's totally wiped out. ;)

:)

Gabby likes to stay until closing and after my other two power nap in the strollers, they'll be ready to rock-n-roll. If my kids loved sweets I would fork over the $$ but they'd have like one bite of a cookie and be over it. If they served chicken and mashed potatoes, we'd be there! I have weird kids food wise. They fight over who gets the last tomato. :D

Malcon10t
06-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Look for us, we will be the ones with the handsome lab wearing Mickey ears! See ya there!

phoenixfire2k5
06-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Update: To the post I had previously posted on this thread about the best spot on the bridge to view Fantasmic, that spot is between the second AND third lightposts from the New Orleans Square end of the bridge.

tcsnwhite
06-27-2005, 12:37 AM
I am going the 17- 20. do you think they would still have some spots for either the balcony or the river viewing left for any of those dates? probably not 17th,huh.
I am thinking about calling. anyone, what do you think? would they still have spots left?

bradk
06-27-2005, 01:13 AM
i don't think calling would hurt.

i'm sure riverside is probably available for at least the 19th & 20th, possibly even for earlier dates.