PDA

View Full Version : Princess Breakfast Fare/Fantasmic Riverside

Shortiemetoo
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Hello fellow mouse padders...I hope this finds you well and dry today!!
I am so excited!! Only 27 days to go and I have gotten some nice surprises. I reserved riverside seating for my daughter and son-in-law for the late showing of fantasmic on the 15th! Can anyone tell me what the current goodie menu is? I was hoping they have chocolate strawberries still as my daughter LOVES those!!
Also I have never done a character breakfast before. My daughter and son-in-law told me this afternoon that they are taking me to breakfast at the Princess Breakfast as the 15th is my birthday!! Can you give me an idea what they serve? How is the food??
Since my daughter is having a boy...she told her husband this will be the last "girlie" thing we get to do at disneyland....lol.
We are going to Blue Bayou for a late lunch, but I already know what I am having there!!!!
Thanks for all your help!!

LOYL2DZNY
06-17-2005, 02:57 PM
where is that princess breakfast thing at? never heard of it. a little info, please?

Shortiemetoo
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
where is that princess breakfast thing at? never heard of it. a little info, please?
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=PlazaInnBreakfastDiningPage
I found this and it says it has made to order omeletes... :D

Malcon10t
06-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Hello fellow mouse padders...I hope this finds you well and dry today!!
I am so excited!! Only 27 days to go and I have gotten some nice surprises. I reserved riverside seating for my daughter and son-in-law for the late showing of fantasmic on the 15th! Can anyone tell me what the current goodie menu is? I was hoping they have chocolate strawberries still as my daughter LOVES those!!
Also I have never done a character breakfast before. My daughter and son-in-law told me this afternoon that they are taking me to breakfast at the Princess Breakfast as the 15th is my birthday!! Can you give me an idea what they serve? How is the food??
Since my daughter is having a boy...she told her husband this will be the last "girlie" thing we get to do at disneyland....lol.
We are going to Blue Bayou for a late lunch, but I already know what I am having there!!!!
Thanks for all your help!!

Fantasmic still had chocolate strawberries, along with the huge assortment of cookies. If you see someone there with a big black lab, that will be us!

As for the breakfast, they are a lot of fun. The Princess breakfast buffet has a variety of breakfast items. Goofy's kitchen has more of a brunch (breakfast with pizza and mac and cheese) where Princess is more breakfasty (same omelets, pancakes, Mickey waffles.) A variety of characters come thru the eating area. Have cameras ready. My kids are at the "Hide, their coming stage" so enjoy the characters.

And for the other poster, the Princess Breakfast is at the Plaza Inn.

infinite
06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Ya know…I have two boys and have never got to have a Disney Princess breakfast… :crying: My friend is getting married and I offered a Disney Princess Bridal shower for her, and she turned me down. :eek: WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

Shortiemetoo
06-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Ya know…I have two boys and have never got to have a Disney Princess breakfast… :crying: My friend is getting married and I offered a Disney Princess Bridal shower for her, and she turned me down. :eek: WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

Oh Man!!! I can't even begin to believe that!!!

Malcon10t thanks for the information!!! My daughter will be glad that they still have those!!! We have no kiddlins at all this trip, my daughter just decided it would be a nice birthday present for me to have breakfast with the a princess or two!! ;) (in addition to her that is!!)
Bye the way I let my daughter know to look for you and I wanted to ask, is your lab a service dog?

arpinl
06-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I reserved riverside seating for my daughter and son-in-law for the late showing of fantasmic on the 15th! Can anyone tell me what the current goodie menu is? I was hoping they have chocolate strawberries still as my daughter LOVES those!!

I did Riverside seating not *too* long ago (5/27), and here's what was available:

-Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate
-Shortbread cookies filled w/ raspberry jam and coated w/ white chocolate (colored lavendar and decorated with little yellow stars) on the bottom
-Coconut macaroons w/ chocolate on the bottom
-Rice Krispy (or is it "Krispie"?) treats shaped like Mickey w/ white and milk chocolate Mickey faces decorating them

...now I'm wondering whether there was one more dessert selection...I do, however, remember being completely scandalized that there were no brownies available. :rolleyes:

You have lots of beverage choices as well: Hot chocolate, sodas, water, etc.

Shortiemetoo
06-17-2005, 03:53 PM
I did Riverside seating not *too* long ago (5/27), and here's what was available:

-Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate
-Shortbread cookies filled w/ raspberry jam and coated w/ white chocolate (colored lavendar and decorated with little yellow stars) on the bottom
-Coconut macaroons w/ chocolate on the bottom
-Rice Krispy (or is it "Krispie"?) treats shaped like Mickey w/ white and milk chocolate Mickey faces decorating them

...now I'm wondering whether there was one more dessert selection...I do, however, remember being completely scandalized that there were no brownies available. :rolleyes:

You have lots of beverage choices as well: Hot chocolate, sodas, water, etc.

Thank you so much that is exactly what I was looking for as my daughter was asking me what they have!!! I am glad I am not going...lol!!! I could eat a ton of all of those as they sound scrumptous!!!

Malcon10t
06-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh Man!!! I can't even begin to believe that!!!

Malcon10t thanks for the information!!! My daughter will be glad that they still have those!!! We have no kiddlins at all this trip, my daughter just decided it would be a nice birthday present for me to have breakfast with the a princess or two!! ;) (in addition to her that is!!)
Bye the way I let my daughter know to look for you and I wanted to ask, is your lab a service dog?

Our pup is a dog we are raising to eventually be a service dog. We do the first part where we socialize and teach them how to behave in public. He is a year old now. He loves the Fantasmic show. He has been to Disneyland 3 times so far, and will be down at least 2x before he returns to the organization for advanced training. Disneyland is an excellent training area for us.

And, the choc strawberries are my favorite too. If you are the last show of the night, they will let you take a few extras with you in a little plastic to-go box.

arpinl
06-18-2005, 03:48 AM
...now I'm wondering whether there was one more dessert selection...

Aha: There was also biscotti. A sort of cinnamon/nutmeg flavored cookie with a coating of vanillia frosting (but hard, not creamy like on a birthday cake) on one side.

Shortiemetoo
06-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Our pup is a dog we are raising to eventually be a service dog. We do the first part where we socialize and teach them how to behave in public. He is a year old now. He loves the Fantasmic show. He has been to Disneyland 3 times so far, and will be down at least 2x before he returns to the organization for advanced training. Disneyland is an excellent training area for us.

And, the choc strawberries are my favorite too. If you are the last show of the night, they will let you take a few extras with you in a little plastic to-go box.

How awesome!!! I have a friend who raises training/service dogs and she wanted my Samantha to train her for working in airports...but I said NO!! She is my companion and I would miss her terribly. I think you are so smart for bringing him to Disneyland, what a great way to acclimate him with people!!! If he can handle the crowds there he will be able to handle everything!! That is a great clue about the strawberries and I will tell my daughter to ask if they have any extras!! She will eat them in the morning even if she doesn't eat them that night..lol

arpinl you are awesome, my daughter was so excited about your list and now I can add Biscotti!! It is a favorite of hers!!!! Thanks!

arpinl
06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
arpinl you are awesome, my daughter was so excited about your list and now I can add Biscotti!! It is a favorite of hers!!!! Thanks!

You are so welcome! :D I'm just glad to help, especially after all the help I have received from MP since joining.

Shortiemetoo
06-18-2005, 08:09 PM
People here are the greatest!!! And now hopefully I can pass the information on at a later date also!!!! Thanks again arpini!!

SeansMom
06-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey there Shortiemetoo! When we were there in April they also had a big cheese cake of some kind, and a wide selection of cheese and crackers (some really STINKY cheese....lol...my little guy kept saying "it smells, it smells!") It was such a wonderful treat, I'm sure your daughter will love it!

Have fun at your princess birthday!

Shortiemetoo
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey there Shortiemetoo! When we were there in April they also had a big cheese cake of some kind, and a wide selection of cheese and crackers (some really STINKY cheese....lol...my little guy kept saying "it smells, it smells!") It was such a wonderful treat, I'm sure your daughter will love it!

Have fun at your princess birthday!

Thank you SeansMom!! I plan on having lots of fun!!! Bye the way since they will be riverside pllleeaassseee don't tell my daughter she is missing out on cheesecake...lol.